Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blahzay

Soccer Mom said:
wow, are you an idiot? your fate does rest in our hands. not that i'm making any predictions myself, but we have to lose at least one more game for you guys to take the division. Like i said earlier dipshit, 'we have to drop at least a couple games' k...so i was off my one game...the fact remains....we have to lose, or tie, for NDFC to have any hope of tieing/passing us in points. once again, i am making no predictions, just pointing out that blahgay is stupid. figure it out dumbass, what? do i have to explain everything to you?

Nothing better than starting a day of work with a reply from Soccer Mom. Sometimes it's hard to tell if your trying to be funny or if your some clown hiding behind a computer trying to act hardcore. Your 2 pts ahead and we still get to play each other genius, we both control our own fate but it's too early to talk about this shite. Anyways what is your number? I know your team is good but I want to see if YOU have any skill to back up your big mouth. And don't get scared like earlier in the season and say "oh we change jersies every game, i'm either 4,7 or 13" cause after all "lighten up dude, it's only a message board".

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PHP:
And for the record, the last time that I saw a cow in tsawwassen was when you brought your girlfriend to the game.

ROYALTY, Wow how ****-n unique! You must be a regular on this site. For your information I wasn't at the last game against your sucky team and I've seen many cows in twassawsen, isn't that right next to LADNER. :p

SOCCERSLUT, yeah my number is 23 if you didn't read the earlier post. I hope you play striker, so I can give you a mouth full during the game, and i don't mean words. :D

BLAHZAY, thanks for the complimant to our team. NDFC is the probably the best team in the league, next to us!! :eek:

G-Fence Out! :wa:

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Rippers

I need some info on the Rippers?

What are their strengths and weaknesses?

G-Fence looking forward to playing a saturday night game out in Surrey. Maybe I'll make a stop at Cheers on the way home.

Why do the titans get the turf and NDFC get the grass? Aren't they part of the same club and shouldn't the better team get the turf.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Surrey Rippers

G-fence said:

G-Fence looking forward to playing a saturday night game out in Surrey. Maybe I'll make a stop at Cheers on the way home.

Why do the titans get the turf and NDFC get the grass? Aren't they part of the same club and shouldn't the better team get the turf.
G, here's some info on the Rippers: Good mids, steady but not spectacular. Not much of a threat up front without saint jr. Backline is steady, but can be beaten with quick ball movement and shots. Get up on them early, and they'll get on each other a bit. They do move the ball well, and should press you a bit though. They are certainly still capable of creating quality chances, as they move the ball through their mids well.

If I were NDFC, I'd prefer the grass. I don't know about you G, but I'll take grass over turf any day. The Titans can have it, and no, I don't believe the Titans and NDFC are part of the same club. Perhaps bulljive or Blazhay could correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck Saturday, and have a pint at Cheers for me. ;)

Canada Ger

Dec 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

G-fence said:

QUOTE]
Strengths = drinking.........lots of drinking
Weaknesses = don't know when to say no to lots of drinking

......and sometimes we play a bit of football before lots of drinking

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Nothing better than starting a day of work with a reply from Soccer Mom. Sometimes it's hard to tell if your trying to be funny or if your some clown hiding behind a computer trying to act hardcore. Your 2 pts ahead and we still get to play each other genius, we both control our own fate but it's too early to talk about this shite. Anyways what is your number? I know your team is good but I want to see if YOU have any skill to back up your big mouth. And don't get scared like earlier in the season and say "oh we change jersies every game, i'm either 4,7 or 13" cause after all "lighten up dude, it's only a message board".

i was really trying to do neither (act hardcore or be funny) merely pointing out that you just repeated what i said earlier. i'm well aware we play each other again dipshit, that's for the reminder though. :rolleyes:

i never claimed "we change our jerseys numbers around." if you were paying any attention eariler, this was quite a while ago though, i've already said i play left back. i'm #18, i might be playing left mid for the first time this weekend though for various reasons. next to that, i've never stated myself as being some sort of spectacular soccer player. just here to talk shite and laugh about it afterwards, win or lose. after all, it's just a message board ;)

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
if you were paying any attention eariler, this was quite a while ago though, i've already said i play left back. i'm #18, i might be playing left mid for the first time this weekend though for various reasons.

Might you be playing there the following weekend as well, and what are the reasons? :confused:

~Shaven

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Canada Ger said:
G-fence said:

QUOTE]
Strengths = drinking.........lots of drinking
Weaknesses = don't know when to say no to lots of drinking

......and sometimes we play a bit of football before lots of drinking
a beleive the same process has worked for the clones for many years now . ya dont mess with success

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion/Relegation(according to the league web site)

The bottom two teams from Div 1 are relegated to Div 2.
The 8th place team from Div 1 plays the three division winners from Div2 in a round
robin format with the three top teams moving to and or staying in Div 1.
Hope this clears up all the confusion and speculation.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody 4-Coquitlam Arsnal 1

Coq. starting Goalie showed up so drunk,I herd he fell over trying to put his gloves on. I love friday night games. The game finally started and they scored 45 sec in on a hand ball that could have been counted as double dribbling had we played basketball. 15 min. later another bad call in there box gave us a pk. calls went like this all night. Now I know I have said this before but we need some better refs. I hade a tree that was hanging onto the feild directly over the net and in warmup we noticed that of a corner the tree could be hit and the ball bounced right to the top of the 6, when I asked the ref to make sure it would be called dead, he replied the ball will be in play and live. He finally changed his mind after some protest, but this has two issues to it 1 the ball hiting a tree sould be dead. and 2 what the hell is a tree doing hanging over the goal on a soccer feild.

Anyway a bunch of good bounces for us and some hard work resulted in the other three goals.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny, good to see you guys pulled yourselves outta that slump. It was shocking. How was Coq. Arsenal? Good team...not so good? We play them at Blue Mountain in two weeks. Other than that tree, how was the field? We do need better refs for sure. I think we've had 2 all season.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Might you be playing there the following weekend as well, and what are the reasons? :confused:

~Shaven

i just may, depends on our numbers. we're missing a couple starters right now. coach decided i may be more effective playing a position where i can attack.

come enjoy the festivities out at mackie tonight. 7pm start. royals v. titans

Royals FC

Oct 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:

The 8th place team from Div 1 plays the three division winners from Div2 in a round
Opinions anyone? Personally I'm not a fan. Should make for some intense roundrobin games though.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:

Great to see the league screw up again.....why does the 8th place team have to fight it out ???? No offense to the Div 2 teams here but there are not 3 quality Div 2 sides that could make the jump......case in point look at ND Players. A weak divisional setup has led to this circus, 2 groups with 9 teams while the other has 10....abso-fcuking-lutely atrocious. :eek:

I have to say that it should only be 1 team dropping from Div1 automatically and 9th place goes into a round robin ......where the top two finishers get promoted. Or if you are gonna drop 2 teams automatically then create 2 Div 2 groups, where the winners go up.

Why can't the FVSL find a solution using COMMON SENSE.....its not that hard....maybe the exec should stop listening to individual teams pushing their own agendas and provide good leadership.........bush league keeps coming up in my head!! :mad:

B

Blahzay

Shaven, G-Fence, NDFC would love to have the turf feild since we play a possession and skill game. The way I see it, our only competition is sand boxes and puddles ;) . We were offered it at the start of the year but some idiot turned it down (sharpie). And Shaven, all teams called North Delta are in the same club. Well off to get some beer for the Titans/Royals game, should be a good one.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game went alright today, we didnt finish enough chances and we had some defensive lapses but we still came away with the 2-1 victory. Next week we play the stars and hopefully after we beat them we have the showdown with poco. That will be a great game becuae it will mean so much to the standings. And also we have to redeem ourselves after the pathetic 4 red card showing last time.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't really like the way they are going about promotions either. I do like the idea of 2 sections in div 2 and the top team in each going up...however they would've had to organize it like that from the beggining.....which they should have done. 2 sections with 9 each and 1 with 10 in div. 2, both div. 3 sections have 9...someone screwed up royally. 4 sections have a bye weekend and only 1 doesn't? That blows. Div. 2 should have 2 sections of 10 each and let div. 3 deal with shite numbers.
But hey! That's just one mans opinion.
Any thoughts???

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Royals 0 Titans???3

Saw the Royals in the pub and that was the score

Well, that sure changes some things, doesn't it? :D :D :D :D :D Outstanding result, well done Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0