Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter March/April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Shagalot said:
I think Dewdney still gets promoted b/c they beat Aldergrove? We (sporting) beat Aldergrove in a shootout, so Dewdneys head to head record with Aldergrove is better. Can anyone clarify.

no they don't go up. Aldergrove finished with 1-1-1 because it still is registered as a tie. If it would have come down to points the shoot-out results breaks the head to head. dewdneys 1-2 leaves them in div 2 where they belong.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Just another example of how the prom/rel system is gay for D2.

What's crazy is how goddamn hard it was, honestly! Just when you've gone through a long schedule, and have fought for every point to win the table, your only reward is a spot in a 4 team playoff! Can Sporting really say they had a tougher season than Celtic? Sporting could have (and probably did) float through 3/4 of their games undermanned, but they were good enough to finish ahead of another couple of very poor quality teams. Celtic, on the other hand, had to win against other hard charging squads, and had to play harder through the whole stretch. You could almost argue that Sporting was well rested once the playoff came, while Celtic was spent, as well as short manned due to cards.

First, too hard to just get out of second. If anything, they should allow the table winners a straight shot up, while promoting those bottom three. That would make 1st better as well, where teams like Sporting will have to battle harder to ensure their spot.

Whatever. I'm glad we did it, because I don't know if we'd have had the fight in us to give it another go next year. Good to be back up with a chance to play in the Pak.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely deserve to be in div 2. Just wondering how a team who scored only one goal in three games wins. No big deal. As long as Guru is happy than were happy. We definitely complained way too much all game but that ref is a jackass.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Did they even do that this year? Maybe if they had, the premier team wouldn't have been relegated.
Yeah, I spoke with Guru and SNowman a few times during the season and they said that Rex would call guys up, I know snowman played for the razorbacks a couple of times, anyway sorry to see Celtic not win a spot in Div1, I agree with you Dude winners of Div2 should go straight up, and Bulljive I would put $100 the Celtic boys would give your NDFC a game and if Shaven starts a Win for Celtic:p

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
What's crazy is how goddamn hard it was, ! .

If Dewdney had little or no interest in Promotion then they should have either waived the playoff's completely and allowed Sporting to stay in 1 or made some other arrangements.

It is kind of a knock on the other teams in 2 that want to get promoted. I had heard that DFC was going to let Delta Metro from 2c have a go at the playoff round. DMU is NOT neccesarily the best in 2, but at least they would have worked hard to earn a spot and appreciated the position they were in, win or lose.

Anyhow thats my 45 Cents.

Congrats to the teams that were promoted.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Yeah, I spoke with Guru and SNowman a few times during the season and they said that Rex would call guys up, I know snowman played for the razorbacks a couple of times, anyway sorry to see Celtic not win a spot in Div1, I agree with you Dude winners of Div2 should go straight up, and Bulljive I would put $100 the Celtic boys would give your NDFC a game and if Shaven starts a Win for Celtic:p

i don't doubt DFC would give us a good game, top teams in div 2 would. We find ways to outplay teams all game and not win..it's a skill really. I just don't think DFC would come in with a langley or aldergrove attitude and bust there ass win,loss or draw everygame. I personally don't want to play teams who don't care then you have to hear bullshite like they pissed us off so we tried or we lost but we are just playing for fun anyway. We are not a great team by anymeans but we our out there to win and hate losing.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I personally don't want to play teams who don't care then you have to hear bullshite like they pissed us off so we tried or we lost but we are just playing for fun anyway.

Sounds like a game vs DMU Highlanders...

Personally I was hoping from DFC. Sporting always takes points from us.:(

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
i don't doubt DFC would give us a good game, top teams in div 2 would.

Say what you want about the way we finished but DFC is one of the top teams in Div 2, slappy. The only way to get into that 'Playoff' is to win your division and we beat Aldergrove didn't we??

bulljive said:
We find ways to outplay teams all game and not win..it's a skill really.
Oh the irony - you f*ckwit, is this one of those excuses that you hate to hear about??????????????? You won 6 games last year - that may be the only skill you team possesses. We obviously do belong in Div 2 as we couldn't come through the playoffs but bottom half of the pack in Div 1 isn't very far above the top half of Div 2.

We'd give you a game, I'd bet on it, would you?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is all this good game garbage. clarify a good game? what would the bet be celtic will lose by no more then 2. I had a good game once we lost 4-0 to chiiliwack in the Pak..good game indeed...I'd bet we could stay within 4 again.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
What is all this good game garbage. clarify a good game? what would the bet be celtic will lose by no more then 2. I had a good game once we lost 4-0 to chiiliwack in the Pak..good game indeed...I'd bet we could stay within 4 again.

I don't think you would stay within 4. Another game that you outplayed the other team but found a way to lose, nice work.

Maybe we can get a game next year before the season so we can load up our cooler. I'll run it past the Guru. We'd have to play for beer of course - winner takes the prize.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If DMU wanted to get promoted, they should have come first in div 2. Obviously they were not the best so tough titties. I dont like making excuses for our loss BUT after 6 or 7 yellow cards and one red to our team and 0 to the other, we got disinterested ( at least i did). Div 1 is not a huge deal to any of us. The teams that went up or stayed up deserved it and really wanted it. We lossed the first game of the year 1-0 and then went undefeated for the last 17 - not bad. With the skill level on our team, we could give any team in div 1 a game - a good game. We do have some younger inexperienced guys on our team but we are all havin fun - thats the point. Losing sucks but we sure have fun when we do.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, do we deserve to be in Div 1 with the talent we have, yes... with the desire, no fcukin way. We are good enough, and like I said most of the season, if we took it seriously and trained as such, no question we'd be upper half of Div 1. Fact is, we got worse as the season progressed due to lack of being serious about games. We had a blast at indoors, but you can't train indoors for outdoor play... especially the way we did. It's debatable, but personally I think Langley is a better team than us. They want to win every minute, we just want the end result... it's like the Canucks... Aldergrove is not better, even with our depleted line up... neither is Sporting, with an even more depleted line up, but Sporting did want the win, and when they scored it was like winning a cup... Like Canuck said, we did push everyone up with the last minutes, but playing with half your line-up out of the country, and guys playing for 80 minutes who normally play less than 45, it's a tough go. Our games always seem to be like this.. we don't really take it seriously until it's too late.... I think more because we wanted the choice to make ourselves...Even at half time when it was no score, we were still talking about whether we wanted to go up if the oppertunity was there... not a discussion you should be having at all half way through the last game of a playoff. In the end, the choice was not ours, which is the way it should be.
the teams that want to be in 1st are there...

Sub: You're right about the playoff.... I don't think it was right the way we went into this playoff... wanting the extra games, but not sure whether we wanted to play first div. So we got what we deserved... but I also don't think it would have been right to by pass it to the 2nd place team, even if they did want to move up... they didn't earn the right to playoff.... what we maybe should have done was just pass on the whole thing, and let Langley, Aldergrove and Sporting have the 3 spots... no playoff then. But that's hind sight, and we didn't win anyway, so it all worked out. I have no doubt that if DMU were in that round robin, they would be in first div. now... I also have no doubt that if we were serious about going up, and trained for it, we'd be there as well.

Bottom line is, we stunk the second half of the season, and the playoff reflected that....

I won't go into officiating.... :eek: why should the playoffs be any different than the season...

And Woodsy.... the Guru aint happy.... too many outstanding beer tabs :mad:

On to next season in Div 2..... I can hardly wait :rolleyes:

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru- the whole we dont care thing is quite old, obviously you did and your frustration is quite evident, but considering you got on anyone and everyone who had reasons for not winning, you sure seem to be full of excuses, in the end, you guys didnt step up when it counted, in cup or the playoffs, end of story.
bored- congrats on beating aldergrove, so did we, and we finished 6th in our group, big whoop, as for giving NDFC a good game, yeah you probably would give them a good game if beer was on the line, seems once everyone stopped betting with you, you guys played like shite, so stop going on about how wonderful you are in comparison to a team that actually has some credibility.
and correct me if im wrong, but isnt this 2 years in a row where the 2c team has failed to earn promotion? just a thought

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose,

You are missing the point. Guru does care and is completely pissed at how we screwed around all season. Guru was happier than sporting when they scored on us. It was the team that didn't give a great effort all season and sure, it may of been that Guru is so easy going that we figured he didn't really care how we did. Obviously we want to win when we step on the field but with no goalie for over half the season and different guys showing up to some games and not others, it is hard to get a good flow and really get pumped about div 2 soccer. Lets face it - its div 2 !! Most guys signed on this team for the exercise and beer. The teams we played this year were so eager and energetic - it must have crushed them to lose to a bunch of lazy guys havin a good time. I know you don't buy the playing for fun thing but what are we all doing in div2 then. If we were really that serious, wouldn't we be playing better ball?

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually, woodsy, you did, i said guru cared and the rest of you didnt, the excuses im referring to are missing half your team and having to rely on players that are actually members of your squad instead of.... members of your squad. i do buy playing for fun thing but dont use it as an excuse for losing, you said yourself you want to win each time out, dont turn around and give us some bullshite sob story about different players or having no goalie. everyone has shite that happens with their team and its working through that which defines your character. guru pissed all over people all year for excuses then turns to them after sayin you lot didnt put in the effort, but if these factors were reversed you would have won. just accept the fact you lost and with the players on the roster. we lost and we accepted it, i was guilty earlier this year of using excuses for a loss and guru called me on it, im just returning the favour and keeping him honest. and i agree, no one plays at this level for glory, its for the pleasure of the game and to stay fit, but it doesnt mean we're all giggling and high fiving each other up and down the field either. thats what div 3 is for. honestly i have a lot of respect for guru as hes obviously been around a while and has a strong passion for the game and my only complaint against him here is the excuses beyond the "we dont care, we are just too freakin' incredible" shite you guys do, which is quite humourous, i miss walls losing it over bored's comments. just dont pretend winning is some piss off when you guys do go out with the intent to win.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is unbelievable. You guys talk about getting promoted to Div. 1 like its getting promoted to the English Premiership. Its facking Div. 1 in the FVSL, it's not even Premier in the FVSL. It's all ugly no matter which way you look at it. Lets wake up folks.

JTL

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woodsy said:
If DMU wanted to get promoted, they should have come first in div 2. Obviously they were not the best so tough titties. I dont like making excuses for our loss BUT .

I am sure they DID want to get promoted, so do lots of other teams. They Didn't finish 1st, you did and you shat on yourselves, mainly because you guys didn't want it.

It would sure be CRAP for other teams in Div 2, if teams won the division year after year, and ahem...... "failed" to get promoted. (Not saying you will do that again next season)

As far as I am concerned, the SOONER the top team gets the fkcu out of my division the sooner I have a chance at a Division title. I am sure other 2nd and 3rd place teams feel the same way...

So ship out you bastards!

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about the loss Celtic. I really thought you guys were gonna take care of business and Im really wishing now we could have had a shot at that promotion round. But hey you did finish first and we didnt so.....Im not really upset.....just dissapointed.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
So will the teams be shuffled next year or is it basically the same teams in each division?

Previous experience tells me that the FVSL will keep it basically the same, new teams allocated to 2a and 2b to replace the promoted teams, and new teams allocated to all three to replace the relegated teams.

FVSL USUALLY tries to avoid having teams from the same club in the same division (IE: Athetlics 2a, Clones 2b, Dynamo 2c).

Relegated to Division 3?
2a SFC Stars
2a Surrey Coyotes
2b Abbotsford SC
2b GN Sikh
2c GEU Titans
2c GEU Wolves

Demoted from D1
GEU Crusaders
GN Sikh (Probably fold? this club is stretched to thin?)

Promoted from D3?
SFC Wheelhouse
Coquitlam Ajax
Poco Royals
?? (Couple teams tied here...)

This leaves two spots still open in 2. The league will assign teams as they see fit (Probably Dewdney Razorbacks Cat team and another). They will also possibly allow one relegated team to remain in 2. My guess would be the wolves since their record is actually far better than any other bottom feeding Div 2 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0