Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 Pre Season Rumblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can’t get into specifics , but there is loads of moving parts to this lads. Teams fold, teams merge, clubs really bugger things up too by already having a team in a division above or below… I could go on and on… this all leads to spots to be filled in all the divisions and we need, as best as possible, to make balanced divisions. Some teams request to go up, some teams request to go down, some we ask to. The league does its best to accommodate its members requests, despite what some may think, we are member driven. Obviously we won't do something if doesn't fit, sometimes we do something out of pure necessity, but believe me when I say, there is HOURS and HOURS of debate, discussion and phone calls pre-season trying to align all the divisions, teams are not coming out of a hat.

We would love to draw a line in the sand and say this is it. take it or leave it, but it’s not a reality in amateur soccer. Everything is dealt with case by case.

And before you start in on the schedule… teams STILL have not submitted when and where they play so making a schedule is impossible.

if anyone asks... i wasn't here.

WCFCUnited10

Oct 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
To bad the Razorbacks voluntarily left us for 3A, love not having to drive more than 10 mins for away games ⚽️.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
WCFCUnited10 you guys pick up some players this year? I remember you were battling injuries at the end of the season. Going to be more physically demanding this year. Arthritis here we come!

WCFCUnited10

Oct 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah it got hard at the end only having 14-15 signed, will probably sign a few more this year because of that. 18 or so idk.

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like there has been a bunch of things going on behind the scenes this off season with regards to team movement/ div alignment.

As of today it appears that both dynamo and Sparta are staying in div 2 .... I guess both turned down promotion for what ever reason (both finished last season with 51 points and would have done fine in div 1 in my opinion).

The league approached us and asked if we had any interest in moving up to div 1 (I guess because we finished 3rd last season) but we decided it wasn't the right time to make the jump.

Anyway, looks like it will be a really competitive division this season if it stays like the site has it posted today. I would think Sparta, Dynamo, WC United, as well as ourselves will be battling for top 4 spots and provincial births.

*Side Note> Our home pitch is in Abbotsford this year instead of Aldergrove. Not sure how that affects other teams with regards to travel.... seems to be a hot topic this off season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: provincial spots - I've noticed there's a lot more teams on B forms this year, will they be getting a few more spots from bc soccer??

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
apparently there was supposed to be a div 1 east and a div 1 west, but that didn't pan out. back to div 2 we go. its ok though, now C4L has to watch his back....

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Dynamo and Sparta get a group rate for their bags and sand?:D I will take a trip to Langley over peach arch any day. Welcome back gents.

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like div 2 will be competitive this year. A langley div would be great in my opinion but the quality might suffer somewhat.
With the travel can the FVSL negotiate a bridge toll discount with translink?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like div 2 will be competitive this year. A langley div would be great in my opinion but the quality might suffer somewhat.
With the travel can the FVSL negotiate a bridge toll discount with translink?
We should probably practice more than 4 times this year then...oh and a discount would be great.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Langley teams is good news for all us on this side of the bridge. Screw all-star games lets do bridge battles! See who has best record on this side total combined, vs the other lot of you! :p
Happy Zidane and Sparta guys back in our division along with Dynamo to be honest. Both squads full of quality guys that work hard and always come out battling.
Whats the word with new teams of Westcoast/ PeaceArch?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU is back to Div 3 now after the Dynamo and Sparta stayed with us. Don't worry much about Westcoast United, most of their guys are 30+, some in shape, just a group of friends playing together enjoying their footy. Oh wait, that's the other 3 Westcoast Teams, the United are young and fast and don't stop running, they have been promoted 2 years in a row and have made it to the Presidents Final the last few years. They will be handful.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the love of Pat St.Jack and Vanna Whyte, the one team we share the same field with now gets relegated because of Langley stick arounds. Thanks for nothing Zidane...... Hows everyones pre-season cardio/ training going o_O

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the love of Pat St.Jack and Vanna Whyte, the one team we share the same field with now gets relegated because of Langley stick arounds. Thanks for nothing Zidane...... Hows everyones pre-season cardio/ training going o_O
I think you have the wrong thread, let me know if I can change this to the div1 or premier thread for you.

notthewizardofoz

Nov 22, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently with all the shuffling there's been a bunch of changes as knvb noted. From the Dynamo side of the ledger we finished 2nd (goal difference, I think) and lots of guys want to actually win it to go up. That being said, we're perennial second place finishers. The div looks pretty competitive this year, not really a chance to go easy. Should be good.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights with 2 great signings, awaiting confirmation on a 3rd, they will be contending for the league this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0