Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 Pre Season Rumblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're about 6 weeks away from the start of the new season. Looks like the division has had quite a shake up. Here is what it appears to look like for the new season.

Fraser Valley Red Devils
Westcoast United (1st place Div 3a)
Langley FC Benders (1st place Div 3b)
North Delta SC Titans
Pomo Titans
Westcoast Black Knights
Westcoast Celtic
Westcoast Milan
Poco FC Royals (2nd place Div 3a)
WRU Vault FC
Pomo Lordco Gunners IL (3rd place 3a)

Looks like lots of quality. United are certainly going to be contending for promotion. The Pomo clubs always have quality. Royals have been deserving of a div 2 spot for years. Benders earned promotion with only 1 loss on there season. If the Knights sign a few rumored players, I see them aiming for top spot as well. Plus the banter will be much better with Gunners, Royals and United guys in the mix on TTP. Enjoy the rest of your summer gents.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newly revised list
Fraser Valley Red Devils
Westcoast United (1st place Div 3a)
Langley FC Benders (1st place Div 3b)
North Delta SC Titans
Pomo Titans
Westcoast Black Knights
Westcoast Celtic
Westcoast Milan
Poco FC Royals (2nd place Div 3a)
WRU Vault FC
Pomo Lordco Gunners IL (3rd place 3a)
Coastal FC United C (New)

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wheres Westcoast home turf... and please don't say over the bridge cause thats too many teams on the other side of the damn bridge now..

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wheres Westcoast home turf... and please don't say over the bridge cause thats too many teams on the other side of the damn bridge now..
SRT or Westview for the Knights, Pitt Turf or Bonson Grass for Celtic, Hammond Grass for Milan ,and Pitt turf I believe for United. Yes you can get there without going over a bridge, you just have to go through Abbotsford, then through Mission into Maple Ridge, should only take you 75-90 minutes, and we changed our kick off times to Friday at 530:cigar:

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's none of my business but how did the royals make it from division 4 to division 2 without winning division 4 or division 3....saying that I do think they are a quality team and can do well in 2.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's none of my business but how did the royals make it from division 4 to division 2 without winning division 4 or division 3....saying that I do think they are a quality team and can do well in 2.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe they were ever in div 4. From my knowledge, Royals were originally in div 2 when they league did the re alignment. Then they were sent to the new div 3 as did Celtic and a few other teams. Celtic ended up winning promotion 2 years later, hence us being in div 2 now. Royals have been at the top of the league ever since, but never won the league or received a promotion from the league itself. Definitely a quality team that should do well. Should be a hell of a year.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
They finished 2nd in 4 behind pacific 3-4 years ago and got promoted. I think they played 2 seasons in 4? Can't be positive.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bloody hell this Div.2 league better have some type of Bridge tax rebate now that the Alex Fraser Charges to go across.... This is truly my nightmare... On another note aside from my bitching, Coastal Squad I'm assuming is the only local Peace Arch/ White Rock squad?

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bloody hell this Div.2 league better have some type of Bridge tax rebate now that the Alex Fraser Charges to go across.... This is truly my nightmare... On another note aside from my bitching, Coastal Squad I'm assuming is the only local Peace Arch/ White Rock squad?
hey it's not the leagues fault everyone south of the Fraser is interested in shooting eachother instead of playing mediocre beer league soccer.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You pay the bridge tolls, we renew our passports and get travel/long distance plans on our cell phones. It some what evens out. Oh and we get to chase the young lads from united and pomo a lot. #whoneedsamasterscallup?

Chief Royalty

Aug 12, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascadesoccer thanks for the shout out and you got it half right. Royals were in div.2 prior to league realignment. Finished 6th place that year and got put into div.4. First year in div 4 Royals and WestCoast Milan finished behind power house Coquitlam Blues (Now Port Moody Blues) the year after Royals finished 2 points behind WC Milan. The year after promoted with Poco Pacific we were tied in points but came 2nd in Goal Difference. First year in div. 3 came 2nd to WC Milan by 1 point. This past year came 2nd to WC United. So yes Gunner10 we haven't been promoted by winning a division and no one knows it better than us Royals. That being said we are a completely different team than our div 4 years. We are looking forward to competing in div. 2 again this year.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If teams are moved up who haven't won promotion it's usually the teams with the highest point totals. If that's not the case then I'm not sure.

TheWayUnequal

Nov 8, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure there's a good reason for why they did that, don't think it was a matter of points because, if I can remember correctly TWU had more points than both Royals and Gunners

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't some teams refuse promotion so they can pretend they are the best in a lower division.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, this discussion is groundhog day.

Teams in FVSL can decline promotion. The league then goes down the table asking teams if they want to go up until one says yes.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of declining promotion, didn't Dynamo decline div 1 which booted Gunners IL back to div 3?

Dutch 08 said this about the Royals in last years banter, and I quote: "Guaranteed you won't make it up to div 2. If only the Rangers existed to bring Gyros to confirm it."

After not losing to the Gunners in the 2 years playing against them, I have no choice but to feel GREAT satisfaction. Looking forward to a fresh season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0