Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL DIV 2] Banter, Results January & February 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 2] Banter, Results January 09

They have plowed the last couple of years in Surrey. Charles Best Turf is a cement patch as well. Maybe it would be good to trash fields like that to make those cities put down some real turf.

And that was the Nomads, I think KJ and Johnny that tried and failed to shovel their field. And yes it is not a bobcat its a plow for turf. They don't want people shoveling because you can wreck the turf.

It is better to plow then to let the snow sit on the turf.

Yeh, that was a valiant effort by KJ trying to shovel MAP last year for one of our games. I think he got one 18 yard box done :wa:

Even with all the rain, it's going to be stretch to get games in this weekend. Check out the Surrey Artificial Field report as of yesterday. Some fields will anywhere from 20-60CM still on them. Even if it melts it may puddle on the fields.

http://www.surrey.ca/Living+in+Surr...+Inspection+Report/Artificial+Turf+Fields.htm

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Water Polo is not what I was hoping for,.... Hoping we don't see rain for what "they" say could be for the next 37 days straight, (last year 30 straight days an average of 13.63 cm per day, in itself a record) it would be setting a WORLD record for most rain distributed over an accumulated amount of days straight, meaning: I know we're happy now, "yeah no snow!" just wait for the next 15-30 days with not one break of blue and tell me you're not the least bit depressed...... But hey, at least its not snow! *sigh* Thank Odens Beard there's at least some indoor soccer to play.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeh, that was a valiant effort by KJ trying to shovel MAP last year for one of our games. I think he got one 18 yard box done :wa:

Even with all the rain, it's going to be stretch to get games in this weekend. Check out the Surrey Artificial Field report as of yesterday. Some fields will anywhere from 20-60CM still on them. Even if it melts it may puddle on the fields.

City of Surrey - Field Status Reports - Current Inspection Report - Artificial Turf Fields

I made no attempt to shovel a field ;)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Water Polo is not what I was hoping for,.... Hoping we don't see rain for what "they" say could be for the next 37 days straight, (last year 30 straight days an average of 13.63 cm per day, in itself a record) it would be setting a WORLD record for most rain distributed over an accumulated amount of days straight, meaning: I know we're happy now, "yeah no snow!" just wait for the next 15-30 days with not one break of blue and tell me you're not the least bit depressed...... But hey, at least its not snow! *sigh* Thank Odens Beard there's at least some indoor soccer to play.

14 Day Trend: Vancouver, British Columbia - The Weather Network

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

oh yeah,... Milimeters.... 7foot 4 inches of rain or 90 inches of rain is alot,.... heh heh... Turkey makes me sleepy,.....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.....

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

174mm of rain expected in the next 48hours. Hopefully it helps.
that much rain will definitely make things a lot messier....

City of Surrey - Field Status Reports - Current Inspection Report - Artificial Turf Fields
i think even if it rained all week, games that are to be played on sunday on a turf covered in +30cm of snow would be cancelled...i remember last week (or the week before?:confused:) it was supposed to rain a few(4/5) days consecutively and after one day of rain we had another snowfall....hopefully this time it's just rain...maybe if there's not too much snow left on friday the city could decide to run the turf plows for the weekend :)

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well SSAP is being plowed right now, and we just got word from league our game on Friday at Tom Binnie Turf is on as of right now!

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Newton #1 is open...Franchise, any word on what the Ram's home field is looking like? Think we will be playing this weekend?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

We don't plow our nice turf fields here so 98% sure...no
don't you guys only have like 2 turf fields?...actually the guys did a pretty good job at newton. it was only "partially" cleared. the rest was gone because of the rain....

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

If it keeps raining I see most fields being open. Hjorth Road had 61 cm of snow on it on monday and now has only like 30 cm. Most fields in Surrey look to like they are getting cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0