Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div. 2] Banter and results. Sept. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was there any doubt?
DFC Celtic 1 - Langley Ass Bandits 0
The new signee's from DFC carried the play as expected

Langley got some great signings in the off season with Sandro and Nick. They'll be tough to beat........for other teams. :)

Clearly after week 1, we're the best team in Div 2.
:eek:

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly you thashed those Langley punks, it was quite gentlemenly of you not to run up the score. Obviously you knew the one goal would be enough. :)

PS since there is no schedule for next week will the league take requests? IE NOT DEWNDEY, the Titans will do fine thank you.

LivinTheDream

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO Wanderers 4 White Rock UTD 2

Still missing 3 starters with injury but its not a bad start as this was indeed our first game ever as a team. As mentioned above, this is where you really notice your fitness.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get one thing straight - any Pegasus team playing in the valley in ANY division is by name only.

Carry on.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, do you know the story behind that?

I can't see Costly, Green, et all leaving the VMSL. Besides, had they, that would have been a very lopsided score in Peg's favor.

Is this maybe one of the club's younger teams- ie: U-21 or a U-18 Metro- that moved into men's?

Anyone? Coach?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg is still in VMSL Div 1 - they pulled out a 2-0 result today and are favoured to be one of the clubs challenging for promotion this year.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley is not the honest hard working team we played last year. I gather that team some how ended up in Div 1.

Pretty good game, DFC won of course. Couple of wankers on the Langley team, one takes to spitting, the other we wouldn't have known he was on the park if it wasn't for the kicking after the play and the mouthing off. After he got everyone riled up he stayed well clear of the box, chicken shti. Good game to start the season and if not for the (3) wankers actually if would have been an all around good game. And if the mouth who thinks Langley will win the league would like to put a 24 on it, I'll say you don't.

If that is the Premier Whalley Team its no wonder they are in Div 2 now, wow, not good in this league, i'm surprised they scored at all last year, even though it was only once every third or fourth game.

I wonder if we play next week and where and against whom?

PS: The ref had good game, that could have had a bad finish but he kept it in check.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Rams 2 Surrey Stars 2
Shite start for us we should have out scored them 4 or 5 to one by the end of the first half, second half they scored again, we got two good goals after that and got a well deserved point, we cared the play from about the 25 minute of the game on and just couldn't finish, oh well on to next weeks game.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Langley is not the honest hard working team we played last year. I gather that team some how ended up in Div 1.

Pretty good game, DFC won of course. Couple of wankers on the Langley team, .

You are correct. Our Cat team was awarded a D1 Spot, we took that spot and gave our D2c spot to them.

You are playing the Langley Cat team from last year combined with the Bandits summer league team, combined with the remnants of Whalley Storm.

You think you had it bad on the pitch? We had to put up with them on our sidelines for the game to follow.

Classless cnuts a couple of them. Fkuk off with that behavior if you are going to represent Langley. Summer ended a week ago.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
You think you had it bad on the pitch? We had to put up with them on our sidelines for the game to follow.

Classless cnuts a couple of them.

I don't want to whine too much 3 guys tops were bad and in my experience they will get hurt and or bring down the rest of them.

The rest of them were fine, similar to your team sub, hard working, fiar players, it's a shame for them. It's Div 2, get rid of the clowns and have some fun.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught most of that game; hung out on the Langley bench, then the last 10 minutes watched from the grandstand. Seemed it was getting ugly near the end between Bored and one of them.

Bored...you look 20 pounds lighter from Premier two seasons ago. Most dangerous player on the pitch, likely due to your midfield's ability to get you the ball. Sandro wasn't getting nearly the same service, plus when he did, your backs did well to neutralize his options. BTW: Sandro and 3 or 4 others came over, but NOT included was his brother Nick. That was another Nick...I think a new fellow to that Storm team last season.

Quite the assignment w/ Sliver and Bored running up front. Sliver is freaking ageless.

If Bored looks 20 lbs lighter, Woody looks 20 lbs heavier from the last time I saw that boy. Still a great touch on the ball though, good target man. Yoda: you still manage to wear shorts that ride too much.

Overall, DFC controlled this game. One had the feeling that DFC would score eventually, and then close up shop. They were unlucky not to be awarded a PK, but I feel the official wasn't about to give away any freebies. He did a good job.

Sub: what were you seeing on the sideline after? Agree: the club has come a long way in the last 4 years, so guys joining the club need to be respectful of that.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Seemed it was getting ugly near the end between Bored and one of them.

I'm a little calmer than I once was, it took a bit of resolve not be wondering how many games I was about to be suspended for. It kills me to be threatened by someone who we all know has no balls and would never act on it. Someone will give that guy a shot this year for sure. Its one thing to talk it but another to walk it - that guy can't and won't.

Dude said:
Overall, DFC controlled this game. One had the feeling that DFC would score eventually, and then close up shop. They were unlucky not to be awarded a PK, but I feel the official wasn't about to give away any freebies. He did a good job.

I think that is a fair assessment. I know the ref gave Sliver the advantage but he should have given the spottie as well, the guy was draped all over him.

Dude, 2nd person in a week to say I have lost weight, I didn't realize that Australia had been so hard on me. I can still use some game fitness for sure. Woody will ROUND into shape as he starts training, he did last year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I'm sure it was hard on you, Australia, and all those blond Aussie birds who just love single Canadian guys and their accents.

We should all have it so tough.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grove 1 North Coquit 1

well let me put it this way... we should have won but we were lucky to tie... We had about five good scoring chances in the first 15 and coudn't finish then it kinda even out for the rest of the half - Second hafe we pretty much dominated they had a couple fast breaks and scored with about 15 mins left - we pressed everyone forward managed to slot one home and continued to press but just couldn't finish as coquitlem flooded there own bowx with 9 men.. Owell we will be better next week... couple questions though why did one guy on your team play with rolled up sleeves and how come you coach liked to talk so much smack... I don't care if he wants to talk smack but get your ass on the field to back it up...

Cantuzzi

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 2 Week 2 schedules
2A Aldergrove Utd vs Coquitlam City Ajax Sunday South Aldergrove WEST 12 Noon
2A White Rock Utd vs North Coquitlam Utd Sunday SSAP TURF 8.00PM
2A Delta Metro Utd vs North Delta Titans Sunday Association Park 2.15pm
2A SFC Wheelhouse Caps vs SFC Stars Sunday Unwin Park 10.00am
2A GEU Rams vs Poco City FC Wanderers Sunday Hammond NEW 2.15pm

2B Dewdney FC Coachmen vs Mission SC Saturday PMAP #1 2.15pm
2B Langley Clones vs Port Moody Magpies Sunday MAP Oval TURF 11.00am
2B Farmer's Utd FC vs Surrey FC Pegasus Saturday MAP Oval TURF 9.00PM
2B Sikh Utd FC vs Poco City FC Utd Saturday NAP TURF 6.15pm
2B Poco Royals vs Golden Ears Tigers Sunday McLean Park 2.15pm

2C Athletic Club BC vs Port Moody Lions Sunday Byrne Creek TURF 8.00PM
2C Surrey Coyotes vs North Delta Nationals Sunday Erma Stevenson Park 2.15pm
2C Golden Ears Titans vs Coquitlam City Arsenal Saturday Rotary TURF 7.30pm
2C Poco City FC Athletic vs Langley Ass Bandits Sunday Gates #1 2.15pm
2C Dewdney FC Celtic vs Golden Ears Wolves Saturday PMAP #1 12

Any predictions?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Yoda: you still manage to wear shorts that ride too much.

You love it and you know it.
Besides, the wife didn't do her laundry so i had few pairs to choose from her dresser. I'll get her on that right away.

It's nice that you're looking though.

Hopefully i passed tryouts yesterday and they'll change my name on the registration papers from pencil to ink.

I chatted with Sandro and his brother is coming as well, he was just out of town this weekend.

GEUWolves07

Aug 31, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
where do you get the schedule from? its not on the fvsl website....fck I had a tee time booked for saturday..fck fck fck

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEUWolves07 said:
where do you get the schedule from? its not on the fvsl website....fck I had a tee time booked for saturday..fck fck fck

Hit your refresh button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0