Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tsawwassen 2 Guys Wearing Rangers Jerseys 1

Looked like both teams were just trying to finish th year off with no more injuries...
Ugly Game on a nice night.

Red Dragon with a cracker of a free kick, only to ring it off the post. White Shoes with three moans and a goal to keep his streak alive.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Tsawwassen 2 Guys Wearing Rangers Jerseys 1

Looked like both teams were just trying to finish th year off with no more injuries...
Ugly Game on a nice night.

Red Dragon with a cracker of a free kick, only to ring it off the post. White Shoes with three moans and a goal to keep his streak alive.

Might have been the first game all season we have played while that yellow orb was in the sky (what with all the night games and then that wet stuff that keeps falling from the sky). Too bad it was all too little too late. Hopefully we can be back up here next season.

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Columbia win would have made things interesting for Sporting if he hadn't beat Peace Arch 2-1 lastnight. So it looks like it should be a very interesting finish between Columbia and ND Lions to see who stays out of relegation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers...WTF?
:rolleyes:

Kidding. Those South Delta punks can be an annoying team to play against. Jaques Lamaire coaches them.

LUFC Athletic 2-1 over LUFC Dynamo yesterday.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dude

4th place may be a playoff spot for premier !?
Aldergrove and Port Moody both have their premier spot and may choose to give up the promotion game?
Then again, Port Moody may finsh 9th and have their premier team playing in that two game series?
The Lions won't show up with any grit tonight, so GN look to be in the relegation battle after all?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guinness said:
4th place may be a playoff spot for premier !?
Aldergrove and Port Moody both have their premier spot and may choose to give up the promotion game?
Then again, Port Moody may finsh 9th and have their premier team playing in that two game series?
The Lions won't show up with any grit tonight, so GN look to be in the relegation battle after all?

That being said....

Poco, Langley, and Peace Arch all have premier teams.
Rangers, traditionally, have opted out of promotion...which leaves Tsawwassen or Delta Metro in the hunt???

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
LUFC Athletic 2-1 over LUFC Dynamo yesterday.

Good game I thought for the most part.

We lost our top striker at the 5 min mark when he admittedly went in lightly on a tackle and got hurt because of it. No foul, just a clumsy collision. Our Keeper and a defender went down 4 minutes later when they collided. :eek: Keeper is done for a while. Dan-O returned to the game...hobbled. Didn't seem to have a big effect however, our midfielder made some good stops in goal for us. (So did one of our Dmen with a nice "Dig" with his hands.)

We scored early on a free kick from 30. Right over the keepers head, I am sure Stevie wants that one back. We had trouble holding the lead, and the Athletics started pressing hard which created chances at both ends.

The Athletics equalized, and then went ahead 2-1 after a bit of a boner play by one of our D-men. Dino stripped him of the ball while he tried to secure it. Should have just wacked it out of the park.

We scored a disallowed goal on another free kick late, struck nicely, but the referee said because we had asked for 10 we had to wait for a whistle, even though like 30 seconds had passed. Normally the referee has their arm in the air to indicate this so we were a little confused and disappointed but it is probably correct? Even more disapointing was the fact the a similar goal was scored on us in the Pak cup PAU game a few weeks back. Ref was asking us to back up and give them 10 and they shot while we were backing up, with the ref in our faces.... anyhow moot point. We shouldn't have allowed the Athletics back in the game.

Both teams missed some sitters...you'd think with 4 nets available there for training we'd all finish a little better. :D

Some very good players on that team as I expected, if they could form more of a team identity they'd challenge for a top spot like I predicted early in the year. Good 1st year however.

Good Luck vs. ND and TWU... We have Sporting Tuesday night which looks to be an important one now.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zaurrini said:
That being said....

Poco, Langley, and Peace Arch all have premier teams.
Which leaves Tsawwassen or Delta Metro in the hunt???

twu stands for trinity western university and delta metro also already has a premier team

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

ArroyoBunk said:
twu stands for trinity western university and delta metro also already has a premier team

God knows what will happen to the langley camp if Trinity wins a spot in the PREM next year.

Dali Lama

Mar 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Official Statement from the FVSL website:

Division 1 Relegation- During last weeks Executive meeting it was decided that 2 teams (Tsawwassen Royals & Whalley Hurricane) will be relegated from Div 1 and 3 teams (Aldergrove Utd, Dewdney Coachmen & Coquitlam City Arsenal) will be Promoted from Div 2. This will make a 20 team Div 1 for the 2007/08 season.

:D

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dali Lama said:
Official Statement from the FVSL website:

Division 1 Relegation- During last weeks Executive meeting it was decided that 2 teams (Tsawwassen Royals & Whalley Hurricane) will be relegated from Div 1 and 3 teams (Aldergrove Utd, Dewdney Coachmen & Coquitlam City Arsenal) will be Promoted from Div 2. This will make a 20 team Div 1 for the 2007/08 season.

:D
ah, how the points that were taken away come back to haunt us :( . 7 points would have come in slightly handy in the end it seems. well, maybe this time we can actually earn promotion :rolleyes: .

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC DYNAMO 2 - SPORTING 0.

Final game of the year for us. Good win. Sporting looked to have new signing, #13...very skilled player offensively but no defense.

Best part of the game was the seemingly bottomless cooler. The worst was this mornings jalepeno-smokie induced sting ring.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good first season up Sub; expect your guys got a good taste of higher level competition week-in-week-out, and next year will be better for it, with some possible new additions?

May be a bit early for this given some teams have a couple of more games, but since the Championship games are on the horizon, the timing is right.

DIV. 1 SEASON IN REVIEW THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS

• In hindsight, seems the FVSL brass did the best they could w/ a crappy situation last year, and if anything, I think the teams found the season interesting, to say the least. The constant will always be that the cream will rise to the top, and the shite will sink to the bottom- and this year is no different in that respect. Abbotsford proved to be the class of the division, making the FVSL brass look very good by giving this young team a spot in the 1st division based on their success in youth and CIS. Big Bag said- in a private phone interview / lambasting earlier this season- after I labeled him a dumb cnut / shithead / big wind bag publicly- that we need to get some of this young talent in the Valley up to Premier as quickly as possible, and avoid the risk of losing them to the VMSL. This- along with promoting the Gunners- was a good move. I'd like some salsa and a side of steamed veggies w/ my serving of crow, please. Need to keep the shrine fit.
  • One benefit of having the 19 team division is that it challenged some of the older established teams, and will eventually push those teams out, making room for upcoming talent.
  • Assuming our squad can get maximum points in our two remaining games, I find it interesting that two of the three teams from last years promotion derby will finish top 5, and the one team that won't was one of those older, established div. 1 teams (Sporting). Also find it satisfying that the Gunners- who I felt were the top talent last year in Div. 2- showed very well in the end. Watch out for these kids.
  • With next year having 20 teams, that allows for two sides of 10. I assume they will seed these sides based on finish this year. Again, assuming we (LUFC Athletic) gain maximum points and finish in the 4 slot, we should be able to avoid being grouped with the little cnuts from Port Moody next year. Thank fcuk for that; good riddance to the Golden Spike version of Empire Stadium, and good riddance to chasing around a bunch of punks that seem to have our number, although I will miss the banter w/ the parents on the sidelines. Good luck next season, boys.
  • I still think the league would best be served w/ a 14 team 1st division (two sides, two games each / side, one cross over match), a 20 team 2nd, a 20 team 3rd, and adding a 4th if required. There are still some teams in 1st that should really be playing 2nd, and some in 2nd that should be lower, too.
  • Would think next year's contenders for a promotion spot will be Trinity, Gunners, Aldergrove, and maybe even the Rangers (gasp). Of these, the two most interesting are Rangers and Trinity. Rangers only because of the SFC Club being the big daddy, and wondering if they have plans to actually put in place a strong 2nd div team to push for promotion up. God (not NTG, mind you) knows they have the talent. If the Rangers were to earn a spot, and SFC were to earn promotion, I see the core group of Rangers staying in 1st, while giving the Prem spot to a young, fit SFC side. Trinity would also be very well served w/ a team in Premier to serve as a reserve spot for their non-roster CIS players.
  • At the end of the year, the big carrot for most of us old guys is the Pakenham Cup. We felt that this year we had as good a shot at getting to the final 8 as anyone, and we were a couple of unlucky calls away from that. Next year, the core of our team will be between 29 and 34, all with Premier experience and cup winning experience. We'll return motivated for another run at her, and look forward to battling it out with everyone along the way.

Discuss.:rolleyes:

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting vs langley game for the most part looked like a mean nothing game. Langley came out hard for the first 15-20 mins and scored 2 goals that should have been stopped. From that point on neither team really generated any opportunities. The only thing that made me feel better about my play was that as poorly as I played the ref did a worse job at his job than I did at mine. The bottom line is Langley deserved the win as they cashed in on their opportunities.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
DIV. 1 SEASON IN REVIEW THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS

Discuss.:rolleyes:

19-4-3

My record with the Rangers this season.

19 megs this season, 4 goals, and 3 injuries.

Love the report Dude...Rangers are a similar team in that the Pak Cup is THE goal for us. Everything else is secondary.

Sub,
Still waiting for the Video...seriously, my Doc wanted to know the mechanism of injury....I tried telling him I was fouled, and snapped my fibula, but there was no call on the play. He doesnt believe me...He wants, nay, demands the video.

Seriously...I just did a quick count...I only played in 8 games and missed 9 due to injury. Where do I hang my boots up? Dude? I am the oldest 32 yr old around. 5-1-2 in games i played tho' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0