Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div. 1] Results and Banter - October '05

Which team will go undefeated the longest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only one who is really dissapointed with the level of div 1. It seems like it is maybe just a weak year but with the exception of aldergrove, rangers, poco..maybe port moody havn't seen them everybody else could really be exchanged with top level div 2 teams. Before somebody takes a shot at us I'm including NDFC in that because I don't think we are at the level of the top teams. I just can't really see the bottom teams taking really any points off the top teams. I thought when we came in if we didn't play our best game every weekend we would lose every weekend. yet somehow we have gotten away with not playing well for anymore then 50 minutes in a game and are still above 500. I don't think we will get away with it against sporting so hopefully we can play well and get a well deserved win.

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Am I the only one who is really dissapointed with the level of div 1. It seems like it is maybe just a weak year but with the exception of aldergrove, rangers, poco..maybe port moody havn't seen them everybody else could really be exchanged with top level div 2 teams. Before somebody takes a shot at us I'm including NDFC in that because I don't think we are at the level of the top teams. I just can't really see the bottom teams taking really any points off the top teams. I thought when we came in if we didn't play our best game every weekend we would lose every weekend. yet somehow we have gotten away with not playing well for anymore then 50 minutes in a game and are still above 500. I don't think we will get away with it against sporting so hopefully we can play well and get a well deserved win.

SHUT UP!

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Z, Whiteshoes. great job on the steaks last night and hopefully you got to the pints that were supposedly on me :eek: :D .

Therob, remember! Don't say his name. #10 :D

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition said:
Z, Whiteshoes. great job on the steaks last night and hopefully you got to the pints that were supposedly on me :eek: :D .

Therob, remember! Don't say his name. #10 :D

the rangers should open up their own little site to talk about their little BBQ's every week..no one else really cares so stay on a soccer topic and off sh*t like cooking and crap...

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#7player said:
the rangers should open up their own little site to talk about their little BBQ's every week..no one else really cares so stay on a soccer topic and off sh*t like cooking and crap...

Awww, poor #7player, did us Rangers hit a nerve. :rolleyes:

OH and to keep on topic well done on the win last night. Onto the Aldergrove / Raiders match let them beat each other up and have Aldergrove softened up for us next week. :D (is that a little better 4 you #7). :rolleyes:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Am I the only one who is really dissapointed with the level of div 1. .
Not to agree with you, but the level of all seems to be inconsistent this year. Have not seen aldergrove yet, but they have one goal....to make prem. and at this point seem poised to do so.
As for us, I do have to say we must get up for all teams as they want to take a piece out of us every game....year......dating back 5-6 years.
As for your team and others, it is a long season and some teams (Delta.....Sporting....Raiders) will pick it up. Take your points and enjoy them. This division will be strong again or maybe it is the quality of young players coming up? :D :eek: ;)
Go Raiders.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know delta is always strong and we caught them on a weekend when they had a lot of injuries so we got a bit lucky. sporting will be a tough test but teams like the knights leaving and the razorbacks being promoted no teams really stepped into to fill those spots IMO. I don't really know why red dragon is telling me too shut up usually people have good reason but it's just an observation. i'm not saying we are way better then all these teams just that there is a pretty big drop off from top too bottom.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the offseason I expected Div 1 to be a lot more competitve as well, but then SUFC became GNSU, the Black Knights turned into the Crusaders and the Surrey Hurricanes gave their spot to Whalley. If those transactions didn't happen then I think this div would be extremely tough. Not to complain or anything, still a hell of a lot better then playing Div 2.

KDP

Oct 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-1 victory for aldergrove over raiders. Horrorific officiating from benson again but isnt that expected from him. Rangers next week going to be a good match.

surfer

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
KDP said:
4-1 victory for aldergrove over raiders. Horrorific officiating from benson again but isnt that expected from him. Rangers next week going to be a good match.
Nice to see someone else shares my view.At least he's consistent,shyt calls on both teams.First half could have gone either way.I must say that we were lucky on Hap's yellow.I'll agree with Jason ,that could have changed things if it had gone red.I think Grove showed that as a team ,we deserve to be top 3 .Next week will be fun.

reddog

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reffing was crap but that is not why we lost the game. Had we been able to string more then 2 passes together we might have had a chance. Aldergrove seems to have our number.

I have no doubt that the next time we play them we will put forth a much better game.

Long Ball

Oct 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 at the half with Aldergrove.

They were definitely hungry for the win in the 2nd half.

On to the howling wind & rain at John Oliver next week

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
definately a couple of unexpected results. honestly thought raiders would leave the pitch with at least 1 point, also figured pomo to win.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
heanjob said:
Highlanders 3 Moody 1

...oops...i meant to continue with a report...here goes....let's first start by saying that the Highlanders will be doing a rookie nite each and every week the night before a game. :D

Anyway, we deserved the points. They scored first on a flukey bounce/spin off a bad clear from our keeper. We settled down missed a pen and then rode the moroccan sensation the rest of the way. Moody seemed to be out of sorts and I think were a bit shocked at having lost to the rope a dope Highlanders.

Heanjob

PS Rookie night will be Thursday night this week.

middleofthepark

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"out of sorts" has to be the understatement of the year. Moody was not even on the park tonight, and we need to get it together if we're going to continue to compete. I was injured with a bullshit slide tackle from behind that stripes didnt deem worthy of a card and the game was ugly to watch. Look for an angry (Fury-ous?) :rolleyes: Moody team to rebound in a big way next week.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Hoffman

Upset in Pomo...the Highlanders take it 3-1

Your first post should have been telling everyone how many more games you will lose or telling Captain Shamrock who to bet on.

Saying it was an upset last night is pretty funny though. You guys have three wins against teams that have a combined total of 2 wins all season. You were lucky to get a point against the Rangers and were lucky to only lose by 2 last night. I have watched you guys play 2 games now and have ben pretty disapointed with your squad. I was a beliver that you had really improved. Last few matches speak for themselves. The league will start calling upsets for you guys when you start to get results against the established teams on a regular basis, until then don't flatter yourselves.

Middleofthepark, sorry to see you get hurt last night. Though the display afterwards was worth the drive to Moody. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0