Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div. 1 MOTW - Nov. 18th to 20th

Which is your MOTW

• GEU vs. Aldergrove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None worthy of MOTW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A week after the standings got a little tighter at the top, let's see what this weeks matchups look like.

Here we go.

GEU vs. Aldergrove

As I said last week, Aldergrove seem to just be winning games and maybe not playing up to their potential. That caught up with them on Sunday when the dropped points to an undermanned Highlanders side. Is this the second year they will falter in the second half? Maybe, but not against GEU. This is going to be a slaughter.

Highlanders vs. GNSU

Delta is coming off a huge tie. This may turn their season around a little and get some of their guys excited about playing again. GN won the second round of the Somosa Bowl, but that means squat as the those two teams are pretty weak.

NDFC vs. Rangers

If all goes according to plan, the Rangers will be in fist place come Sunday. Not likely as Aldergrove won't lose to GEU and NDFC played the Rangers pretty good last time around. Look for them to try to ignore the physical play and play their game. That would be a speed and skill game for those wondering. Should be a good one.

Sporting vs. Raiders

Can Sporting be turning the corner? I don't think so, but they may give the Raiders a good run. After being dominated by Port Moody last week, I wonder if Sporting will dominate Poco. Or will Poco dominate Sporting. The dominatee dominating the dominator?

Whalley vs. Port Moody

Last week I would have said that this would be an easy Pomo win. Not anymore. These guys think they should be at or near the top of Div. 1. Dropping points to league lesser lights isn't the way to go about that. Turn it around quick boys. While you still have a chance.

There you go.

Discuss.

Werd.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove
Highlanders (Keep up that moaning Heanjob, I taught you well) :D
Raiders
Port Moody

For the love of Baby Jesus, that leaves...

Can't make the match as the Old Rangers have a fundraiser that night but needless to say with the yippin and yappin going on this is the one.
North Delta play some nice fitba and I actually think the big lad up front was a great presence for them in the last game.
He and Nick seem to play well off each other.
Oh, and buddy, you missed my baking last week - You would have been impressed Dude.
And I still like the 'Old Nick' better.
How a man shaves his head with the abilty to grow locks like that is beyond me. ;)
I think if the boys hold off the big lad from running amok up front and don't let their midfield penetrate our 18, I'm quite confident the old Rangers rope-a-dope football will perservere. :rolleyes:
Go at them boys - Hard.
Don't fcuking stop until it's 90 and bring it home big time baby.
Oh, and make sure HOS doesn't get the nod.
I look forward to joining you fcuks later at Halvy's for a celabatory pint.
On you guys of course.

Cheers,
RF

Shagalot JR

Nov 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about the rest of the TTP community, but the encouragement from RangerForever for the rest of the Rangers brought a tear to my eye.

Alder
Rangers
Highlanders
Moody
Sporting take their respective games.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think you can stop him from running amuck upfront, I don't think anybody can. He always makes his prescence felt even when he's a little off his game. He thrives on physical play and its games like this where he shines. he didn't get much of a chance to get going last time we played the rangers, as the ball didn't get up too the forwards much. We'll be looking for him to attract a lot of attention to allow room for others. Personaly I think the key too the game is stopping Halvy, last time we played he was non-existent then all of a sudden we took our eye off the little bastard for 7 seconds and he scored. definite MOTW

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
North Delta play some nice fitba

Oh, and make sure HOS doesn't get the nod.

I know what Rangerforever had for lunch, some of his special cookies. Can you save a few for the Ranger JR's Saturday night match.

The first match between us was ugly, the ref wants to be paid a buck per foul this time around. I hope the guys can still play a physical match, but the late shitt is just ugly stuff and kills the game.

Good luck in your Reverse Draw RF, NOT.

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering if there are any under 18 players starting for NDFC this weekend.

How is the goalie situation?

Any injuries? Sore legs?
Please specify (in 100 words or less)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
He thrives on physical play and its games like this where he shines.

A young Rangerforever that boy is.... :D
That definitely brings a tear to my eye.
That and reminiscing about the 7-Nil humpings of Sporting in the old days.
Speaking of the old days, and I mean old, the 'Big Guy' reminds me a bit of a guy that used to cause us fits back then - Garret Kusch.
That lad brought it I tell you.

Stopping Halvy?
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa. ;)

Oh, and HOS, I'm training with you little goofs tonight.
When I rape your beer fund to purchase a reverse draw ticket, you can wish me luck then.

I just hope we're shooting tonight,

RF

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw them practicing a 1-2-7 formation at training. the "flying V" looks pretty effective, though the 40 yr olds they brought in to out-experience the mighty ducks......er....rangers may back fire.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Good luck in your Reverse Draw RF, NOT.

Little secret for the less informed, not sure if a reverse draw is Ranger's thing. Reverse Dwarf, maybe. He likes them short in statue, but children just don't have enough manhood for him, the fcuking sicko.

History has shown that Delta Highlanders always get up for the best team. In years past, it was the Rangers, twice per season. This year... ;)

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
voted foe the rangers NDFC game as motw as i think it could be quite a game to watch....although i missed our first game im really looking forward to play a well respected team in this div...lets hope the ref sees two teams and not just the rangers and all the fouls we may commit....should be fun looking forward to a challenge....yea "the big lad" so to say is a workhorse and a half doenst stop working till the final whistle....from what i hear you guys didi a good job containing him last game which is a pat on the back for you guys as he a lot to handle even in practice.... havey (spelling sorry) must be the #10 forward right? watched you guys play langley last year and he'll be quite the plate to control...i better be hungry.....oh motw i forgot what i was talking about...out

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#7player said:
watched you guys play langley last year and he'll be quite the plate to control...

Langley? oh yeah, the previously undefeated Langley....

Cant wait to play Chilliwack in the Pak Cup.
Unless you were referring to the broken down div 1 team they called Langley.

MOTW,
should be fun...I wonder which NDFC player is going to be stupid enough this Saturday to celebrate a goal like he won the world cup...
And, when/if they do score, will they be prepared at the restart (kick off)?

Seriously,
Good times.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
more importantly, since the mighty rangers will be venturing to mackie turf saturday night, does this mean we can drink at the field??

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No.

That would be in contradiction to FVSL rules and policy.

Also, NDFC has already clamped down in this regard by having Delta's finest have to show up at 3AM in order to shut down the Huns in a previous altercation.

All parties Saturday, post-match, are to proceed with cash in hand to Kelly O'Bryan's to contribute to a great fundraiser (reverse draw) for Rangers Geriatric FC.

Kelly O'Bryan's is a well established watering hole located at 152nd Street and 92nd Avenue in the Fleetwood/Guildford area.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
No.

That would be in contradiction to FVSL rules and policy.

Also, NDFC has already clamped down in this regard by having Delta's finest have to show up at 3AM in order to shut down the Huns in a previous altercation.

All parties Saturday, post-match, are to proceed with cash in hand to Kelly O'Bryan's to contribute to a great fundraiser (reverse draw) for Rangers Geriatric FC.

Kelly O'Bryan's is a well established watering hole located at 152nd Street and 92nd Avenue in the Fleetwood/Guildford area.

I don't travel past 90th avenue after dark. although if we win a might have to show up.

pro101

Oct 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs. Aldergrove

Number 1 vs last place. Both teams will show why they are where they are in this match. Aldergrove will control this match from beginning to end.

Highlanders vs GNSU

The highlanders will follow last weeks strong showing with a victory against GNSU. This GNSU team is very weak, especially considering they spent last year in premier.

Rangers vs. NDFC

This is a big game for the rangers. Aldergrove will almost certainly pick up 3 points, so they need a win to keep pace. I expect them to do no less.The Rangers will keep pace with Aldergrove with a hard fought victory.

Sporting vs Poco Raiders

This could well be the ugliest match of the week. Poco has had a solid season, the same cant be said for sporting. They have been inconsistent. They had a strong outing against aldergrove then tied GEU. With two wins out of there last three, they maybe turning the corner. I expect Sporting to edge out Poco in a low scoring game.

Port Moody vs Whalley

I think Port Moody will rebound from a frustrating loss to Sporting with a strong outing. I dont think whalley will be able match up with port moody's speed and skill.
Expect a similar score from their first match.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
...I wonder which NDFC player is going to be stupid enough this Saturday to celebrate a goal like he won the world cup....

Not the World Cup, perhpas the WWF HeavyWeight Title, I recall the celebration going something like this, "..goal....WHOOOOOO.....WHOOOOO.....WHOOOO..(much like the Nature Boy) - Rangers kick-off, pass to Halvey, back of the net...WHOOOOO...WHOOOO."

Should be a cracker on Saturday night, who is the un-lucky ref?
Can Bobby come out of retirment for this one?

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0