Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div. 1] Banter and results. Oct. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Warriors 1 Hurricanes 1. Well what can I say? We had half of our team and we overlooked them. Their keeper made some unbelievable saves to keep them in the game. They were definitely full value for the tie. Time to regroup and come out hard next week

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Shagalot said:
Sporting 1 - 0 LUFC

Sporting scored in the first half when the LUFC GK spilled a cross. LUFC poured on the pressure late in the game but unable to equalize.
what the? cannot waite until OUR side plays the cat div. one....I mean the other side.....:wa: Near death..

Me.

grandad

Sep 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild, langley were in div 1b with us at the beginning. No cross over yet.
The league still not giving Sporting any respect posting the score in favour of Langley.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate coming across like a sour grape, but I hate to see the refs take the flow right out of the game. I like when the ref lets the two teams play hard and set a highly intense pace. When the ref slows it down every minute, it takes alot of quality direction out of the match. Wether refs realize it or not, they impact the game. They can either be apart of a great game or a shitter.
Just brought this up so maybe the refs will show up and try to raise the level of play for both teams out there on the day.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/2 PINT said:
Mariners over GEU 10-1

Felt sorry for GEU. We were 2 up in 15 minutes, then their center back decided to catch the ball as it was going into the net...3-0

I must say that their goal was probably goal of the match...he shot it direct from a kick off...caught our keeper napping... great shot just touching the bottom of the bar!

Onto the Dynamo next week.

10-1 wtf where did the other 7 goals happen

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predator,

I did not want to write a novel of a post describing the rest of the seven goals.

It was 5-0 at half time.

Do you need any more information?:rolleyes:

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
10-1?

Geez...a little excessive maybe? I suppose goals "for" and "against" are relevant...but...wow...can't help but feel bad for GEU. "Hammering" is probably not strong enough for THAT result. Did GEU field a full squad? Were they drugged?

Wow.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
10-1?

Geez...a little excessive maybe? I suppose goals "for" and "against" are relevant...but...wow...can't help but feel bad for GEU. "Hammering" is probably not strong enough for THAT result. Did GEU field a full squad? Were they drugged?

Wow.

We just played the game...
They started with 11, had 1 sent off for catching the ball before it was going in (not the GK)

No we do not look at +/- we just play the game, and let whatever happens...happens :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Stepchild alluded to, this season is shaping up to be, for lack of a better word, weird.

First off, having all the old "B" sides and "A" side play only each other through the 1st half may be skewing the results a bit, with the addition of the "favorites" dropping points all over the place.

This young Abby team will surely find itself at or near the top of the table once they reach the 2nd half. They are doing exactly what the PM Gunners did last season in Div. 2- walk all over MOST of the teams. Difference is that the Gunners had us to keep them honest, and their lack of experience and focus caused them to drop some points to ties. Statistically, they were they best team in Div. 2, with the exception of the standings- one point back at the end of the day.

Will we really see what they are made of before they reach 2nd half? Not sure...all the other teams on the "A" side were basically expansion teams that did not earn their way into 1...and we're seeing it w/ some of the results. Maybe Poco can give them a game? Maybe, maybe not...but I suspect we'll see Abby enter the 2nd half with a nice cushion.

The 2nd half will also be "Put-up or Shut-up" time for the "B" side teams. All the expansion teams will have us in their sights, wanting to prove they belong in this division, while we'll all be playing catch-up.

Say what you want about the 20 team division. I was completely against it, and still am, but you have to hand it to the execs...it has been full of surprises so far, and entertaining.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Say what you want about the 20 team division. I was completely against it, and still am, but you have to hand it to the execs...it has been full of surprises so far, and entertaining.

The only thng they can do to keep the "surprises" and "TV Ratings" is to have a guest referee.
Do you think the Heart break Kid would put on the stripes? Maybe hit HOS with some sweet chin music....now that would be entertaining!

for the most part, the only thing disappointing about the set-up is that is happened in week 2.
If the executives decided in August, I would have no problems with it...

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Dude, this is turning out to be a different season. Sporting winning as compared to their season last year, Langley and the Rangers dropping points...etc. Delta still undefeated! Problem with this schedule, the B side will battle and kill themselves before entering the second half against...not a shot at them....the weaker side of the first division. Some of those teams will take points from the B side with earned victories, but others may get them from injuries and cards. Ya ya, goes for everyone, but for us to battle the harder teams day in/day out for the first half is BS. As Z stated, mixing this in Aug. would have been a great change but into the season is crap. Luck of the draw like in the VMSL was the only way to go about the new A and B div. one format.
O'well, thems the breaks. On to the last meaningfull Delta/Rangers battle with most of the old boys moving on next year.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/2 PINT said:
We just played the game...
They started with 11, had 1 sent off for catching the ball before it was going in (not the GK)

No we do not look at +/- we just play the game, and let whatever happens...happens :wa:

So your saying that you guys didn't let up??? I want to be there for the rematch!

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I want to be there for the rematch!

Aaah, but that is the whole point....
With this schedule there is no rematch, No one can say, we will be more prepared next time, or we will get them next time.
Everyone only gets one shot, everyone must be ready to play each week!!
You must make the best of your opportunities!!!!

Sir Shagalot

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro Highlanders vs Surrey FC Rangers
This one has Draw written all over it. Rangers in poor form, and Delta finally finding some offence after years of trying.

Langley Athletic vs Dewdney FC Razorbacks
Haven't seen much of Dewdney this year. Could their former Premier guys be taking it easy in Div.2??? In any case, from what I've seen from Langley they should walk away winners in this one.

Port Moody Gunners vs Poco City FC Raiders
Potential MOTW. Low scoring game. 1-0 Win for Raiders.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro vs Rangers has to be MOTW. Two teams with a lot of history and a lot of good battles going at it one last time with some of the old guys possibly moving on to masters next season. Should be a tight game regardless but look for both teams hunting for the 3 points and the final bragging rights. The new gen Highlanders also hoping to get the last W for the old boys.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Shagalot said:
Delta Metro Highlanders vs Surrey FC Rangers
This one has Draw written all over it. Rangers in poor form, and Delta finally finding some offence after years of trying.

What does that say about Delta?

Should be a blast, as Delta are the only team to battle us with the BBQ....granted, they serve hot dogs instead of geegers...but, they have always been second to us, so why not with the BBQ as well!!!:bronco:

grandad

Sep 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats going on in Aldergrove?
Start time for the game vs Sporting has been changed from 12 to 230 back to 12.
"Warriors come out to play" comes to mind, but what time?

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Gunners over Raiders....

chippy game, "old school soccer" as were told, but a pretty even match. Raiders had a few more chances in the first, while Gunners hit a post. In the 2nd not many great chances either side but Gunners netted a PK at about the midway point to seal the much needed win, before our bye weekend.
Lotta talk both ways in this one, Ref (Keith) had a hard time controlling the match, :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0