Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] 2012 Season - First Half

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"a near prem team"??? are you kidding me. Get your head out of your ass. For most of the first half it looked like the special olympics soccer season.
The average age our team last night was approx 20. Hell our left back wasn't born till the mid 90's... anyways on another night I'm sure you guys will beat us.

BAM! also, langley Prem have Sentinel as a feeder team now as well with several players seeing regular time. TBL, sorry you got shite kicked by a team on the upswing, but don't make excuses. If you want to whine, Dirtydiggler will be happy to hold you.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
n10h no keeper again tonight?
mb10, no game report on your guys' game tonight?

it really coulda been more and probably shoulda, stayed 1-0 until really late and as we started getting frustrated late on we allowed them to have a little spell which looked as though they might steal a point. With about 10 mins left they were pushing our rb cleared the ball up field and their cb's made a lil mistake with no communcication and both went for the same ball, let it bounce and we capitalized, then added another late on. Onto game of the week next friday, then marga the week after...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BAM! also, langley Prem have Sentinel as a feeder team now as well with several players seeing regular time. TBL, sorry you got shite kicked by a team on the upswing, but don't make excuses. If you want to whine, Dirtydiggler will be happy to hold you.

After last night the only thing Sentinel should be feeding is there keeper something so he can stop the 45 yarders

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a good thing for BCU to be forfeiting so early in the season. Sorry to hear cause they had a good squad last year

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"a near prem team"??? are you kidding me. Get your head out of your ass. For most of the first half it looked like the special olympics soccer season.
The average age our team last night was approx 20. Hell our left back wasn't born till the mid 90's... anyways on another night I'm sure you guys will beat us.

Irish car bomb is back! Love this guy. When are we gonna see the bro code?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a good thing for BCU to be forfeiting so early in the season. Sorry to hear cause they had a good squad last year

agreed, i thought BC was gonna challenge this year. You guys have such a strong summer squad, were do all those guys go n10h?

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 3- WRU 2
We completely underestimated WRU from the opening whistle and thought it would be a guaranteed win. We had 90% of the possession early on, missed several great chances, only to have them score on a nice header off a well-taken free kick from about 25 yds out. We scored 3 in about 15 minutes to reply and should have had at least 3 more if it weren't for poor finishing and some non-calls by the ref, IMO. 3-1 at the half. We made a bunch of subs, took the foot off the pedal and played uninspired, lazy (and shitty) soccer for 45 mins. We still had 5-6 awesome chances to score and put the game away, but of course we didn't and WRU score on a harmless 40-yd free kick that our div4 call-up GK misplayed. They kept coming at us and if the game was another 5 mins longer, probably would have tied it up!
WRU works harder than almost any team I've ever played against and I thought they deserved a better result. They have 3-4 really fast wingers/strikers that kept running down long balls till the final whistle. What they lacked in skill and fitness they more than made up for with hard work and extra effort. Our poor finishing and lack of urgency almost caused us to drop points, but luckily we got the 'W' and we'll move on to BCU next week (unless they forfeit......)

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
nomads 7-1 marga :rolleyes:
dynamo 5-0 bc utd :eek:
n10h what is happening there? how many teams go down from div 2? two right? if so its starting to look like bc and white rock will be fighting for 8th place

agreed, i thought BC was gonna challenge this year. You guys have such a strong summer squad, were do all those guys go n10h?

Injuries and work commitments. Just a bunch freak injuries and jobs players have with little or no say in their work schedule. Nothing I can do about that. This weekend literally only had 7-8 confirmed, and 11-12 injured or stuck at work. I expected some here and there, but not this many all at the same time.

Of the summer squad in the final only 2-3 players didn't return. So the team is still strong just depends whether everyone can start showing up consistently week in week out. With everyone playing, the team is very strong better than last years team.

Anyways, have started bringing in new players and recruiting, and and a some point injured players will return, and so on, so things should stabilize soon hopefully. League title definitely looks out of reach now unfortunately, barring a strange collapse of the Top 3. Looking to have a good Presidents Cup run, finish mid or high mid pack.

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All in due time. Just dusting off the book. I'll be out of commission for a couple weeks here...got a little banged up in our game on friday.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best line of the weekend. Turnbo on the Nomads says before the game about Marga players: "man, this looks like the land of bad haircuts. I can't tell who is playing or who is ready to go to the club"m

After the game: "o crap! There is my barber!" Haha!

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Black Knights 3 - Marga 1

well they were alot better than I thought they were gonna be. We could have had 7 or 8 in the second half but those metal things holding the net up got in the way.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
bc utd a 1 - 2 coyotes....bc utd looked like they had a decent squad tonight, we missed a lot of chances including a goal being called back for offside and a pk not given, ref told me himself after the game when i was talking to him, bc utd had a chance late to tie it up but didnt. we had a lot of possession, bc utd break out quick on the counter, will be hard to see this team go down if they played like they did tonight.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 3 - 1 white rock

Score does not reflect play. Could have easily been 8-1 if not for at least half a dozen great saves from the white rock keeper and a goal called back from the ref because of a foul.

Credit to white rock for playing a hard game. The play a full 90 and will give teams trouble with just their effort.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the first month, it looks like we have a 2 horse race to win the div with Inter most likely taking it as the Coyotes are winning by 1 or 2 while inter seem to be destroying every team.......again. Mid pack will be a good battle between 4 of us with the Coyotes joining us mid nov as Inter takes off. I can see the Knights, Young guns, Nomads, and Dynamo trading wins and loses when they meet. Bottom 4 are just a step behind and will get beat by everyone in the mid pack( unless stolo is at home- then all bets are off):confused: should be a fun relegation battle

Although who knows what October will bring.

Golden boot so far is a 2 way tie. coyote cnut and a welsh whale each with 5 or 6

looking forward to getting some revenge on the nomads this sat:D

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MM from Nomads got another last night, up to 5 goals now as well.

It will be a fun one next week TBL. How u looking for numbers? Heard a couple guys on our team saying right after the game they are gone next weekend cause of thxgiving. Didn't we play each other last year on this long weekend as well?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
MM from Nomads got another last night, up to 5 goals now as well.

It will be a fun one next week TBL. How u looking for numbers? Heard a couple guys on our team saying right after the game they are gone next weekend cause of thxgiving. Didn't we play each other last year on this long weekend as well?

Ya your right it was thanksgiving last year. We should be ok for numbers unless we lose then we were [really short and half our team was call ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0