Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] 2012 Season - First Half

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunetly I still have to work and there is no way that I can take the day off. Which colour is more predominate as we have white and blues as well. It would be easier for us to just where white if possible?

Although IS21 did a great job the one time he had to step in, I think we can call him our thrid string and go with our backup instead.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunetly I still have to work and there is no way that I can take the day off. Which colour is more predominate as we have white and blues as well. It would be easier for us to just where white if possible?

Although IS21 did a great job the one time he had to step in, I think we can call him our thrid string and go with our backup instead.

royal blue/white stripes....these are temps untill we get our main ones in and printed, hopefully for week 3.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems there are 2 games on Newton turf 1 tonight. Jimmy, please tell me we get to play on the new turf and the Master's team stays on turf 1?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 4 - 1 nomads.... I'll leave the full game report for JBN or even TS. Great game all around except we conceded a goal we shouldn't have. Took our set pieces well and moved the ball quite well. In the end I think the nomads numbers (12?) and game fitness showed, few guys were cramping with 15-20 to go. Lots of guys on nomads were screaming at each other at various points throughout the match.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 4- Nomads 1
We scored 2 free kicks about 20 mins in (goalie could've done better on the first, second was clinical, he had no chance). PA had a few chances against the run of play, our GK made a couple key saves to keep us up 2. We missed a few great chances to put the game away, and sure enough, PA scored with about 5 mins left in the half on a rebound from a harmless 30-yd shot that our GK probably wants back. Second half we came out strong again and scored to make it 3-1 on an absolute cracker by T.O. (hence the T-O celebration ala Terrel Owens). His 5th of the season, not bad for a 'cnut' eh Tim?! We added a 4th about midway in the second to seal the deal and should've scored a couple more if it weren't for some poor finishing. PA kept playing till the final whistle and were unlucky not to get one back. Our deep bench allowed us to rotate our outside mids/defenders and keep guys fresh. PA had 3 subs I think, but lost a couple guys to injuries/cramping.
I thought we moved the ball around very well, defended great as a team and actually played 90 mins for a change instead of the usual panic that ensues when we have the lead.
On to WRU and hopefully a 3-0 start to the season.......

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 4- Nomads 1
We scored 2 free kicks about 20 mins in (goalie could've done better on the first, second was clinical, he had no chance). PA had a few chances against the run of play, our GK made a couple key saves to keep us up 2. We missed a few great chances to put the game away, and sure enough, PA scored with about 5 mins left in the half on a rebound from a harmless 30-yd shot that our GK probably wants back. Second half we came out strong again and scored to make it 3-1 on an absolute cracker by T.O. (hence the T-O celebration ala Terrel Owens). His 5th of the season, not bad for a 'cnut' eh Tim?! We added a 4th about midway in the second to seal the deal and should've scored a couple more if it weren't for some poor finishing. PA kept playing till the final whistle and were unlucky not to get one back. Our deep bench allowed us to rotate our outside mids/defenders and keep guys fresh. PA had 3 subs I think, but lost a couple guys to injuries/cramping.
I thought we moved the ball around very well, defended great as a team and actually played 90 mins for a change instead of the usual panic that ensues when we have the lead.
On to WRU and hopefully a 3-0 start to the season.......

Going by the registered player list, PA Nomads and bCUNiTed will not be the same competitive teams they were last year. BC had called up 3 u19 players and 1 under fukcing 16 player. The first couple weeks suggest it will be a long year for both of them.

Coyotes emerge as the old school div 2 favorites. 5 for that cnut??? Great start to the year for him, sounds like we will have to watch out for him, Im sure our d line ( the tonne line ) will take care of him.

Young Guns with 9 against Marga? lol what a fukcing joke. Maybe T.O Cnut will score double digits against them.

Inter could really run up the goals for this sunday if they have their 6 signed premier guys there against BC.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost a few guys so what?... no excuses to play as dogshit as that. Yes you guys played well and Andy controlld the midfield I thought, but we were gutless in the first 25 minutes and it was 2-0 by then. It was like we refused to go into any 50-50's win any ball and every one us had the touch of a rapist for the first 25. Shocking.

We'll give you a better run next time we play. :shite:

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
how did they score 2?
I was at the game last night. First Marga goal was a mystery to everyone. Ref called a penalty from 25 yards away from the play. One of their players fell into the goal attempting to get on the end of a cross and the ref called it. Young Guns were already 4-0 up.
Second was against the run of play with Young Guns camped in the Marga half. Long ball forward found a player one on one and he finished.
Could have easily finished in double figures for the Young Guns.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see ur coach is playing again. The Clones needed some old fat guys just to make is seem like old times.

Yup this fat old guy signed, part of my club executive duties. That team had 10 people signed 25 hours before their 1st game.... so I magically appear to give them 11..... =)

1-0 with me signed, and I didn't even have to play!

Anyhow, thats Div 4 talk, if you want to take the piss out of me, at least lower yourself to do it in the D4 thread, that one needs lovin' too!

WOOT WOOT... anyhow gotta go get a burger.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going by the registered player list, PA Nomads and bCUNiTed will not be the same competitive teams they were last year. BC had called up 3 u19 players and 1 under fukcing 16 player. The first couple weeks suggest it will be a long year for both of them.

Coyotes emerge as the old school div 2 favorites. 5 for that cnut??? Great start to the year for him, sounds like we will have to watch out for him, Im sure our d line ( the tonne line ) will take care of him.

Young Guns with 9 against Marga? lol what a fukcing joke. Maybe T.O Cnut will score double digits against them.

Inter could really run up the goals for this sunday if they have their 6 signed premier guys there against BC.

I hear you TBL and no way I'm depending on the 15 year old up front to do anything. It was a favour to a friend to play him, and now that favour has run out. :) We have a lot of players injured and suspended, but team will be way more competitive moving forward.

The fact that we scored one goal against you guys with the team we had out was an accomplishment. :) As we didn't score anything last couple tries with a stronger team. :)

Also that 730 kickoff time in Maple Ridge on a Friday didn't help either. Anyone who works in Vancouver or close til 6 or even 530, can't make that 730 kickoff time. I came out from Burnaby and barely made kickoff.
Don't know why the league makes teams play on a Friday that early. Keep it Saturday and Sunday.

Poor Coyotes guy that has to see your D Line. :) Our 15 year old is still having nightmares. LOL!!!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 7-1 BC
Game was really close for the first 30 mins, both teams with chances, then we started to have a few better chances hitting the bar, and n10h made a couple nice saves in goal for them. Then we got 2 within 5 mins of halftime which i guess killed them off a little. 2nd half started with us all over them, scored another couple then gave away a penalty. Got another 3 and coulda had a few more. Another positive sign was that outta the 7 goals there were 5 different scorers, so now we have one guy with 4, two with 2, and six guys with 1.

Also heard that the knights lost 3-2 to stolo, maybe TBL can confirm?

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 7-1 BC
Game was really close for the first 30 mins, both teams with chances, then we started to have a few better chances hitting the bar, and n10h made a couple nice saves in goal for them.

Not a good sign when i'm getting props for making good saves as I've never played in net. :) LOL Literally my first competitive game in net. 5 of those goals can be attributed to my goalkeeping prowess. :) Just a terrible feeling for a D line to hear that manager is going in net. :) LOL!

Inter played well as they always do, consistent, used wings a lot, finished most of there chances especially with me in net. :)

Anywho, was the first time my Winter team played together, lot of new faces, and on field blow up. Definitely couple things I need to stomp out. But team played very well in first 15-20 with no starting keeper and entire D line missing, and couple key forwards missing due to suspension or injury.

Once injured players and D line returns and starting GK returns, will be a much different story. Will be very hard to crack starting D line. Should make for a very strong run in Presidents Cup and race for Provincial B spot. Fingers crossed. :) Cause I'm definitely getting bored of the Summer Cup. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0