Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
Yup! Monday or Tuesday. I'll call you at the shop.

Merry X-Mass to all the guys. Note to everyone, expecially the young guys: be safe over the hollidays. Leave your keys at home.

How am I going to get back in the house if I leave my keys at home?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,Suburbanator,so should I work on sunday or are we playing? Is the field under a foot of snow? water?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Field looks pretty WHITE. It still has snow on it. I will do another drive-by tonight and if you don't hear back from me then its a NO GO. I would assume its a NO GO.

Cheers.

Sub.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Homepae of FVSL website says all games postponed for Jan 9-11.
Guess is was easier than putting Postponed on the schedule for all the games.

Now i have 1 more week to get back in shape.
:rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Homepae of FVSL website says all games postponed for Jan 9-11.
Guess is was easier than putting Postponed on the schedule for all the games.

Now i have 1 more week to get back in shape.
:rolleyes:

Yeah...it gives our guys one more week to get further out of shape..... We are hoping to practice by Tuesday but it does not look promising.

Have a great extended break.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU 2 - LUFC 2

2-2 Draw at Ham'n'cheese East today.

Both teams looked like they had not played in 5-6 weeks.

Dude scored a nice one as did Hauser. Hope for some better play from our guys next weekend in the PAK...

We managed to tough it out and finish our beer for a change at least.

Guess we both served up a chance for Poco to pass us today....if they won their match.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU 2 - LUFC 2

suburbanator said:
2-2 Draw at Ham'n'cheese East today.

Both teams looked like they had not played in 5-6 weeks.

Dude scored a nice one as did Hauser. Hope for some better play from our guys next weekend in the PAK...

We managed to tough it out and finish our beer for a change at least.

Guess we both served up a chance for Poco to pass us today....if they won their match.

Well it was actually 3-2 GEU as the keeper dropped one in his own net in the first 10 minutes and after realizing they just got scored on, they complained that it went out first and the ref heard their cries from centre and gave them the call.

Oh well, rubber match in 2 weeks.
I thought the LUFC keeper, who i don't beleive is their usual keeper, made some great saves stopping our forward from point blank range in the last 5.

Dude with his usual elbow flailing tried to take me out but i heard the elephant foot steps coming from a mile away and ducked.
Dirty bugger.

Till we meet again.
;)

langleyrules

Nov 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
that has been our goalie all year,and he has been making saves like that for us all year. so when he tries to grab a floater with one hand and casually lets it trickle through, then chances are, evreyone surrounding the play, including our keeper, knew the ball was out. it was a good game and the rubber should be fun.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo 3 SUFC 1

PoCo 3 SUFC 1

Good game back after the break. PoCo dominated most of the game with SUFC coming on in spurts and pressing hard near the end. PoCo had 2 called back, and had numerous chances to increase the lead. Easily could have been 6.

On to the PaK!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Poco goes back on top with our failure to get a clear victory today.

Yoda: you just happened to be in the path. ;) Good thing you have brakes.

On that first goal / non-goal. I didn't get a clear look. I thought it was in, but then I was 50 yards away. I did think it was funny that as your guy hit the touch line, everyone (including your own players) stopped as if the ball was out, then the same guy who made the cross that Brian bobbled didn't protest the non-goal. Also, the ref pointed to the goal kick immediately...no hesitation.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually he didn't point right away.
It wasn't until your guys yelled.

Oh well, I'm sure the keeper has learned his lesson

Poco is only up by 1 on us and you have 1 game in hand and we have 2.
Lot's of points still out there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sick of seeing you and your short shorts. ;)

The last time Brian (our keeps) pulled a boner was vs. Chiliwhack. He let in two softies against them, too, then promptly rolled of a string of 4 solid games only allowing 1 goal. He's still young, but he is a very good stopper. You got a good look at his abilities in the 2nd yesterday, where he made two great reaction saves. He was also smarter than in the first, coming out hard on challenges. Our success as a team very much rides with him.

It'll be tight at the top at the end. One thing is clear: if either of our teams have plans on taking this division, we both need to win the next meeting. A tie will hurt both of us, assuming Poco wins the rest of theirs...which they will likely do. Do you guys get them again?

Look out for PAU...coming on strong.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You love my shorts and you know it.

Yeah, we get them again.
Here's our schedule for the last/next few weeks.
Starting Dec 14th:
Langley
Langley
Langley
Cup Game
Poco
Langley/SUFC whichever makeup game we get given.
Poco

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game last night P.A.U 4 Chilliwack 0 the score is a fair result for the game. Good rebound game from are defeat against Langley Prem are young guys stepped up and played some nice stuff.
S.U.F.C next
Chilli
Poco
S.U.F.C
It should be a tight race to the end. Cheers

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lufc 3 - Sufc 1

WIN FOR LANGLEY

A Must win game for us as we battle for a what is shaping up to be a top 4 fight. League is nice and close this season with most teams making a go at it.

SUFC Looked like they were going to start with 7 men but by gametime had 12 I believe. Game was played evenly till the half, though the edge in scoring chances went to Langley. Langley went up 2-Nil on goals by Blair Roman (MOTM!). Blair played a physical game and notched both markers stepping up out of the stopper position. SUFC was not much of a scoring threat, and our keeper only stopped 2-3 shots I believe. (A Couple others went wide).
SUFC Got their single notch of a "sketchy" spot shot that was awarded by good old ANDY. Our D Man had their solo, and unthreatening striker corned along the goal line, but inside the 18, he was facing AWAY from the goal and had poor possesion, however Winterhoff (Our Fullback) got a piece of him reaching for the ball.

Rikki missed some sitters, 3 I believe but played a great physical game up front. Dustin scored the 3-1 goal marking his 4th of the season.

Big T Thwarted a couple other of our chances playing a solid game himself...and even taking one in the marbles for his team.

The only negative note from the match was the shocking diving and injuries sustained by a couple of the SUFC players, I don't think they are regulars however as most of their guys are good guys. The right Fullback was a real ass as well, throwing a couple wicked elbows and flailing his arms around. Tell him to finish his checks hard, not cheaply and my guys will take it like men. (Oh yeah, and then don't beak off after like some kind of wanker). I am glad he had to leave the game, classless cnut.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Schedules.

Forgot to mention:

Our Remaining Schedule:

CHILLIWACK
ALDERGROVE
ALDERGROVE

And A GEU make up game thrown in their somewhere.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
GEU/Poco cancelled as most already know.

Stopped by the field around noon (our game time) and found a mens team having a few pints after finishing their game on our field that was supposedly closed.
:mad:
Waddup with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0