Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo vs. Langley

Gates #1 is open on Sunday. If the rain is on all night, I will check the pitch early and if there is any standing water, I will give you a call Suburbantor.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.A.U 2 Aldergrove 1 game one sided with P.A.U with the run of the play. Cannot believe Aldergrove had more points than us prior to this match, thats the way its going in the league thus far makes for a good finish. The result is not a fair reflection of the game, alot of missed chances by Peace Arch, I think Aldergrove was out of there end once in the first half. Anyway see them again next week should be interesting ?????

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 2 - POCO 0

LUFC 2 - POCO CITY 0

Game Played Sunday afternoon at the Grass Field #1 at Gates Park. Field was a bit soft but otherwise a fine soccer day, with little or no wind for a change.

LUFC came out of the gates strong and played a very good first 45. Langleys man marking was excellent and frustration started to brew amongst some of the Poco vets. LUFC scored twice on two identical shots from 30 Yards, placed over the keepers head. POCO's new keeper was busy as our pressure forced their defenders to play it back to him quite a bit, but we only managed a handfull of shots. Unfortunate first outing for this jolly keeper.

Poco had a few long range chances late in the second when they were pressing but our keeper was solid, if not outstanding stopping the ball when he had too. He also owned the ball in the air, giving poco only one corner out of the 4 they had.

Discipline was a factor as there was many bumps and tackles along the way, thankfully no retaliatory cards from either side.... though I think Skelton got one for yapping...(Not that I blame him on that play...).

Our defenders were excellent, LFC, Hulme and Brandon didn't give up a chance in the 18.

Goals Scorers for Langley : HERBIE and OHLMAN both with their 2nd each of the year.

Nice to get the split from Poco this year, 1W 1T 1L..... Always nice to see those lads, though they are a bunch of bastards on the pitch.... Good Luck the rest of the Season.

Note: #15 or #17 for Poco (Started as a Right Fullback....) had some crazy wheels... that guy was fast.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back in town today; logged on to check the Langley results of the past couple of weeks…

Well fcuking done boys! That’s a great result! We needed those 3 points, big time! After reading of the Lions vs. Langley premier result, I was a little pissed, but this makes my night!:D

I was expecting a great effort, and thought another tie would be in the works- but at the same time, we left some unfinished business in Poco last time around. Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday.
;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 0 - LUFC 0

Geu - Lufc 0.

Field Conditions SHITE. Strong winds and some rain/sleet/hail crap.

Good match today on the turf in Langley. TheRob couldnt play for this event but his presence was there in the form of "blown chances".

GEU took the wind to their favor for the 1st half and both teams had equal chances and possesion during that miserable 45. Langley had the better scoring opportunities and missed them all...including some from the goal line. (Kevin, Jer, Dustin, Meade...and the list goes on!). 2nd half Langley had the wind and all we could do was collapse. (I am thinking playing into the wind allows us to control our passing....lol) disorganized and lame effort for a good portion of the 2nd half but we managed to weather the GEU attack.

Geu was only a major threat on the Free kicks which came too often.

Geu keeper made some good stops on scrambles though he's still an arse for protecting himself vs. Dustin the Fair Maiden striker .... Geu's too used to playing cheap asses or something.

Note to Geu: all our yellows come from yapping, you won't find many cheap shots. (Speaking of shots, where'd you all go after the game? Ferry not running or something?)

The Ref was still reeling at the news of Saddams Capture and refused to leave his hole at center. Hence all his calls were shocking.

Good finish for the xmas break.

Good luck to everyone over the holidays.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.A.U 3-Aldergrove 3
Peace Arch was up 3nil then the wheels feel off Aldergrove battled hard and wanted the game. Poor defensive lapses in the 2nd half for P.A.U battling the wind. Speedy striker from Aldergrove had 2 goals on nice shots from the outside credit to
Aldergrove for not giving up. Cheers

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU 0 - LUFC 0

Originally posted by suburbanator
Geu - Lufc 0.

Geu keeper made some good stops on scrambles though he's still an arse for protecting himself vs. Dustin the Fair Maiden striker .... Geu's too used to playing cheap asses or something.
Not sure what you expect our keeper to do when you have a guy running top speed looking like he's gonna run him over? Have you ever played in net? Trust me he's been hit hard before and dropping a shoulder when this happens protecting himself and the ball is not too bad a play.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Curly-Sue

Originally posted by curly
fcuk you guys are lame.

use the sight for some good trash, not for sucking some ****.

First and foremost, piss take with your spell check on, secondly nice "****"..... What is it hard for you to say that word? Does that word rub you the wrong way? Cnut.

PS: Where do you play wanker?

Girth, I expected your keeper to just stand there, waiting for Dustins hug.... I realize he's been hit before hence the comment "GEU is used to playing some cheap asses...". However he challenged the striker...WELL after he scooped up the ball..... He must have thought it was THErob.... and yes I have played in net and would have done the same, only because I am an ass.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth: do you always refer to yourself in the third person?;)

Dude thinks Girth referred to himself in the 3rd person in the last post.

On the result: fair. When we came up short on the flip, and had to face the wind, I think collectively we tried to make the best of it: keep it scoreless until the 2nd, or even capitalize on a couple. We were unlucky not to be ahead 2-0 after the 1st.

I found the 2nd much slower both ways, and the wind had died down. Personally, I felt knackered in the 2nd...combination of 2 weeks off any training or games, and an extra 5 lbs from too much rum punch.

Rematches will be fun.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Busted

Originally posted by Dude
Girth: do you always refer to yourself in the third person?;)

Dude thinks Girth referred to himself in the 3rd person in the last post.
What do ya mean dude that can't be me can it?:confused: Anyways it was a fairly even possesion game with Langley getting some crazy goal mouth scrambles in our end but couldn't hit the mesh. First half I was fricken frozen,second was better and the passing improved.I think I'm alot more fit after chasing the ball in the second half after you guys hammered it with the wind about 20 times out of the complex. see you guys in the new year again and again.:rolleyes:

Corporate_Inquest

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the step

Langley, how close to the goal line do we have to get to score? It was a good game other than that though guys. Should be a good match in the New Year. I suppose I should hit the Gym so I can accually become a threat to the GEU keeper. Take a look, www.cheapass.com. Thanks for the extra step, without that I may have accually just ran by you. What was I thinking! My rib cage did need a bit of an adjustment though, it feels alot better now. Paybacks a bitch, but as everyone who know me, it will be with my foot on your net. See you in the New Year keeper, and yes, I will be ready next time. Good game everyone, Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CI

Corp. Inquest,
I don't think he meant to put that much of a hurtin' on you. I think in his defense most keepers, when a guy is running a them full speed will protect themselves first before waiting to see if your going to run into them. I understand, from what i've heard, you 're not a dirty player and would never do that, but the keeper in fact is the same type of player, just making sure he's not going to get whacked is all. There have been some late hits this year and you can never be too careful. At least he came to see how you were during and after the game. If he were a cheap cnut he wouldn't even bother.

I think other than that, the game was quite sportmanlike. No?

And wholly **** did we get lucky on 3 goaline scrambles.:p

Corporate_Inquest

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, Good Sportsmanship

Yoda, your points are true. I was mainly just giving some piss, you know how things are on this. No body likes there goaly getting wacked but the extra step to me seemed a little much. Im over it though, just letting some steam out. Im sure we both now for next game. Yes, the keeper did check if i was alright and something about my phone #, that was creepy. lol. All said and done, good game, let the trilogy continue in the New Year. To our guys, make sure your at practise over the break. lol. ya that will happen.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Numbers

Yeah, he keeps asking me for my number too. I just keep telling him i'm taken.
Sooner or later he'll move on to another man.

:D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Numbers

Originally posted by Yoda
Yeah, he keeps asking me for my number too. I just keep telling him i'm taken.
Sooner or later he'll move on to another man.

:D
Scary thing was when I asked Corporate Inquest for his # he gave me Yodas? Are you roomates?:eek: Cheating bastards. Hope the ribs are okay Corporate,you took a good hit and got up like a tough FVSL'er. Hats off to ya.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Numbers

Originally posted by girth
you took a good hit and got up like a tough FVSL'er. Hats off to ya.

Wanker made me come on the field and hold his hand for him while he recovered. He owes me a pint.......

On the topic of pints...

Hey dude you ready for a pre-christmas luncheon beer yet? I hear Earls has good service....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup! Monday or Tuesday. I'll call you at the shop.

Merry X-Mass to all the guys. Note to everyone, expecially the young guys: be safe over the hollidays. Leave your keys at home.

Corporate_Inquest

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Offer Denied

Sorry suburbanator, i know its a long walk to the 18 yard box. Next time i'll just walk it off. By the way I think it was you that offered me a hand up. I said no but you insisted, im always turning down your propositions. NO MEANS NO. Thanks for the piss guys. Later.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sub and dude,
if u venture to an earls establishmen, allow me to reccoment the earls on shawnessy in poco. possibly the nicest looking waitresses on earth. there is a 17 yr old with quadruple z titties, holy good god, hallay-lou-ya holy shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0