Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars FVSL All Stars

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?

Clayton Dobbin was playing in the VMSL Premier for Surrey utd, then jumps to SFC Rangers, do you honestly think his playing Valley D1 experience should keep him from playing for the Valley all stars simple based on this?

I know last year ACBC, who was in D1 sent a bunch of guys to play the Island in their home at home series and were big contributors, I think Chris Kidd was one.

How about the guys in the Pak cup?
ND lost to Mission in their first Pak cup game...there's a premier vs d1 game for you.
Aldergrove P lost to TWU D1 in the QF's of the Pak Cup, there's another one for you.
DMU forfeited their first Pak cup game, so we never had a shot of seeing what they could offer up :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm saying if he's good enough to play on the allstar team then he should be playing premier. Step up or step out.

Keep in mind 18 games at the premier level is alot different then one or two or three for the Pak isn't it? Just my opinion.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well your opinion isn't really grounded in fact.

from what I could glean from a few conversations with and about SFC Rangers, Dobbin left SU to play with mates and to strengthen SFC Rangers in an effort to secure promotion to FVSL Premier.

Where in the rules, or even ethics, doesn it say someone has to play premier if they are good enough!?

There is a laundary list of guys all through all leagues that are good enough to play at higher levels and don't for many many reasons...

Give Me Strength.

You are sticking up for and defending a lot (The three teams) that don't even seem to want to stand up for themselves.

DMU is a joke, they forfeited a PAK Cup game FFS.

aldergrove and ND finished well below the line of resembling any sort of care for being competitive... and were soundly beat by good Div 1 teams in Cup play.

You arguments holds little to no water, especially since Dobbin ins the only D1 named player to this squad, and could be one of the best players on the squad, if not the best.

If the FVSL allstars do anything they think will save them from an absolute bollocking and embarrassment at the hands of the VMSL side this year then all the power to them.

My humble $0.02 worth

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone thought that there are perhaps a few outlandish ommissions that could have / would have played?

It's an interesting list, for sure. I'm sure part of it is loyalty, no doubt, for players who've helped in the past when others bailed.

All kidding asside, I'm a little shocked that KNVB and the surfboard sized chip that resides on his shoulder for being snubbed time & time & time & time again for the VMSL All-stars would have been a good add to this team. And I'm not just saying that because I need some new size 10.5 Puma King turfs at the Bro-deal price.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Huggon from GEU a striker or a midfielder? I heard many go on about some of his performance this year...
Kevin Gaull would have been the best choice from the 3 teams with no representation.

knvb being left off is a surprise from me. Like you said Dude, having him face off against the old league + his being PAU's top goal getter this year would have had me picking him if I was boss for the day.

Venny from ACBC hasn't got the size to deal with the potential size/strength of the VMSL backline. I would have had Chris Kydd from ACBC there before Venny, no disrespect to Venny, Chris also plays well in the middle.

it also worth noting that Jorgenson had half the goals knvb had. Edit:***Have since seen the error in my ways of confusing JAKE Jorgensen with JASON Jorgensen****

I guess any/all of this was influenced too by who could make the games and who couldn't...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Huggon from GEU a striker or a midfielder? I heard many go on about some of his performance this year...
Kevin Gaull would have been the best choice from the 3 teams with no representation.

knvb being left off is a surprise from me. Like you said Dude, having him face off against the old league + his being PAU's top goal getter this year would have had me picking him if I was boss for the day.

Venny from ACBC hasn't got the size to deal with the potential size/strength of the VMSL backline. I would have had Chris Kydd from ACBC there before Venny, no disrespect to Venny, Chris also plays well in the middle.

it also worth noting that Jorgenson had half the goals knvb had.

I guess any/all of this was influenced too by who could make the games and who couldn't...

Huggy is in my opinion the best player in the FVSL when he was here:( He went back to Metro Ford in a transfer

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jorgenson lead the league Sherlock. 18 goals. No...he's a no brainer, and the team is much better w/ him. The guy is a stud.

Still think Beaker should be there...way more fun to heckle him than guys I don't know.

Outlandish I say.

;) (That smiley is for you Cloughie...please don't e-mail me, and no angry phone calls to the press...still waiting on those forms).

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How 'bout Masters Girth?
Should they be excluded?
I guess if they play for the Rangers yes?
When will that hard-on subside anyway? :rolleyes: :D

There was a bit of opposition when Muz and Bails got included that one year and guess what?
A lot of people ate their words after that Whitecaps match.

Jackson Reeve got selected one year too when we were in Division 1.
Remember Girth? :p

It's the 'FVSL' All-Stars not the Premier League All-Stars.
Albeit most if not all should logically come from Premier obviously.

Great looking roster and no matter what there will always be an arguement for some players not making the list when there's such a good pool to draw from.

Good luck to Oor Hibee and the rest of the squad,
RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me...that's a lot of marketing dollars Soccercity has sunk into your campaign.

Wonder if SoccerWest has a similar plan in play for Timmy Wagner.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question...does this happen any where else where lower division teams players make the allstar teams? I just feel Premier should have enough allstar players to represent the FVSL if the division is what it is intended to be...and that's the highest calibre of mens soccer in the fraser valley?
I'm sure these other guys are good players as well and not arguing that but my opinion is premier should be every kids goal to crack their clubs lineup (if your good enough) and if you do their is a chance that you may even make the Allstar team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth,

No offense intended, but at the end of the day, your opinion doesn't matter, and you're an ugly, stupid hillbilly.

Again, no offense intended.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question...does this happen any where else where lower division teams players make the allstar teams? I just feel Premier should have enough allstar players to represent the FVSL if the division is what it is intended to be...and that's the highest calibre of mens soccer in the fraser valley?
I'm sure these other guys are good players as well and not arguing that but my opinion is premier should be every kids goal to crack their clubs lineup (if your good enough) and if you do their is a chance that you may even make the Allstar team.
clearly a windup no? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0