Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2011/'12 Promotion & Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got an email from the league.
Please see attached CHART that shows the Promotion/Relegation for this season. Please pass this on to your managers, coaches and players to avoid the numerous calls and e-mails the league receives at random from the membership.

Attachments

• FVSL 201112 Promotion guide.jpg
    FVSL 201112 Promotion guide.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 626

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
More then the top 4 teams in div.4 needs to go up. There are 3-4 teams in our division alone that should be playing in div.3.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being a bettting man i would say the two best div 4 teams Coast are in 4a

seen the delta 91's and I am assuming white rock is the same team from last year? Chel4life?

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being a bettting man i would say the two best div 4 teams Coast are in 4a

seen the delta 91's and I am assuming white rock is the same team from last year? Chel4life?

Even more reason the top two from each div 4 go up and the bottom 3 from each div.3 go down.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We talked with the league last year about staying up, but because of our 1 loss and 3 ties we were denied... Now we get to play teams and beat them 10-0 and 8-0... Not fun... Whalley, Sparta, and Us could all quite easily play Div.3/ Div.2 and thats just div.4b..... Its not fun to go out and play teams who do get a full 18 guys out, and then go up 5-0 at half... What do you even do with the ball after 8-0, it just becomes awkward. The other team doesnt wanna play in the FVSL now, and we dont even get challenged.. I hope they take that into consideration next year...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a humble opinion, and not that I'd advocate for it at the Prem, D1 or even D2 level... but they should do what they do in rec hockey in some of the local leagues, if a team is being smashed every week and a team in the lower division is doing the smashing every week they promote/relegate mid year... Why not look at this?

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fully agree with you JBN!!! Thats a great idea, playing in the league is about challenging yourself and playing teams that are just as good or better so you can improve, its not a game when teams are winning 8/9 -0 ... I will look into it!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, that is hockey's tradition (at least in the mens beer league world) and that is certainly not a tradition we have seen in Soccer...but look at Marga, we in D2 would much rather play another team that would give us a test than play Marga to some of the massive scorelines they've felt up the bum this year....

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
C4L,

This is the year for Vault to promote! Just think you get to play CFC in D3 next year if you do. Your team has come within a game of promoting 2 years in a row.
Did WRU sign anybody down to your team?

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Elbowroom, im so excited to play CFC in the same division as last year hahaha, and you guys too! We havent signed anyone down, but we did pick up a few awesome mid's over the summer!Maybe we will see you boys in cup run!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A mid-season shuffling of teams/divisions would be a nightmare due to field allocations and scheduling, no?

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be tough. Best thing is to move up and down more teams in the lower levels. If you are bottom 3 in Div.3 you should go down and top 2-3 in div.4 go up. Pretty simple. Higher divs need to make less movement. The way it is now is fine.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be tough. Best thing is to move up and down more teams in the lower levels. If you are bottom 3 in Div.3 you should go down and top 2-3 in div.4 go up. Pretty simple. Higher divs need to make less movement. The way it is now is fine.

I think this is a great idea Westcoast. Since Div 4 is the entrance for new teams coming into the league they should be able to come in 2nd and move up cause they don't need to walk all over bottom teams. Not fun for everyone. Not sure about the idea of having a 5th division, you could make div3 just 10 teams and then div 4a and b and div5 a and b each having 10 teams. Thats how it was a long time ago and I know it sucks to play in div 5 and that its a long way for a new team to make it to the division they belong to but for guys like me who love to play soccer and just want to do that at a rec level its a good place to not get spanked cause we dont get 18 guys out. Then again maybe its just our problem we dont get enough guys out, its sad that theres lots of talented players out there that have no heart, no commitment. I remember the glory days of the clones we use to get 20 guys out to a practice in the snow and wind on gravel. Now were lucky to get 5 out on a clear night. Over 40's can't come fast enough.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a new team comes into div 4 and starts crushing teams, I think it would only be fair to have them play against a div 3 and 2 team and fit them in where they belong, its only fair to start that the bottom of the totem pole but its also only fair to have teams playing teams that are of their calibre, unless cup play of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0