Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Football Pool - Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks are in for week 1. Anyone else find it difficult to do the first couple of weeks picks? Brutal. I'll still lump Dap though.

As a point of interest. The Miami vs Tenn. game may be moved to Saturday to avoid the Hurricane.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week is tough, like every other opening weekend cuz anything could happen... As for myself pick are in. I'm in 3 pools and i think i got 3 different combos... I dont' know who to cheer for... :confused:

Let the season begin, good luck to all who are participating in our Poools of all Poools!!!

Bronco did u get ur stuff in or what?? Still haven't heard your name at all lately. Other than KNOB and Regs knocking you about some red card u got over the weekend.... :rolleyes:

It's all good, If i dont win i hope u do... *Knock on wood* :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco seems to be playing possuum (sp?)... we should set up a pool for that :rolleyes:

Come on you Croat Cnut!

:D

~Regs.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco's still debating on wheter to pick his beloved broncos' or pick the chiefs from kansas.... tough call bronco. i can't remember who i went with. I'm sure he will come through. One of us has to beat the crap out of knvb this year. Fckuer aint' winning it this year.... :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game is officially moved from Sunday to Saturday. Does that mean it'll be on TV?. Anyone got NFL sunday ticket?????? The first couple of weeks are almost stupid blind luck as who knows how some of the teams will play or the moves will pan out in a "real" game. Come on Vikings.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whirlwind said he was ordering it today actually.

Come on Bronco, just put down KC and hit enter. Get it done with.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just can't leave it alone...

ah, fcuk it, I just had to put this somewhere. From espn Page 2 columnist Bill "The Sports Guy" Simmons:

According to my man Michael Smith of ESPN.com, who just joined the worldwide leader and remains the only person from New Orleans who has ever liked me, Vanderjagt looked towards the Pats sideline and rubbed his fingers together before missing the climactic kick. Apparently he was trying to tell them that he was a money kicker and wouldn't miss.

Well, he missed. Now THAT is comedy. Nothing like a trash-talking field goal kicker not being able to back it up. And then he gave us this beauty: "It sucks. I wanted to make it to help Edge out, I wanted to make it to help Peyton out, I wanted to make it so we could win this game. They're clearly not a better team than us. We needed a three-pointer to win the game, but 48 [yards is] no gimmie."

(Note to Mike: Umm, until you beat the Patriots, and until your QB stops choking in big spots, they're "clearly" a better team than you. This is how sports works. If somebody keeps beating you, that makes them better. This is why we keep score. But please, keep saying stuff like this, because these are the things that make it impossible for the Patriots to lose any semblance of motivation during a 16-game winning streak that stretches over two years.)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horrible opener for me this weekend.... only get better i hope!!! *knock on wood* :confused:

Looks like this week it's between 4. Lippy/Doody and Hos are hoping for a Carolina victory while Potatoe and bronco are hoping for a Green Bay victory.

Only time will tell. Good Luckto the Final 4 pricks!~!!! :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woulda, coulda, shoulda... that's sums up my picks this opening weekend :mad:

In good shape for the overall championship though, hopefully only 1 off the pace with a Panthers victory tonight!

Standings are all up-to-date...

Cheers,

~Regs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roll on Carolina for tonight.
What an excellent Sunday of opening games.
Chiefs-Broncos last night was a beaut, from Quentin Griffin making everybody forget about Portis (for a week, anyways) to Lynch's KO on Dante Hall (which shouldn't have been a penalty).
Too many games to really discuss at length, although the Pitt-Oakland (Jerome Bettis - 5 carries, 1 rushing yard, three TDs), Bills-Jags and Niners-Falcons were all great finishes.
...and it was good to see Jeff Garcia get a big win in his Cleveland debut.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle looked good as well. I spent the morning flipping back and forth from them and Pitt-Oak. Surprised to see the Garcia highlights man did he look good. As did Minny more specifically Culpepper laying a whoop'n on the Boys.

Speaking of the Boys... Regs, I noticed you didn't switch my pick.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
O Testaverde
All covered with cheese
He's fcuking forty
Get rid of him please

How can you Cowboy fans even have the courage to publicly support that team? The mind boggles.

Let's go the Pack! And keep the score under 43 as that bastard bronco has pulled a Price Is Right on me and bid one point more on the tiebreaker.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This coming from a bag wearing Steelers fan? Please, do us a favour and put your head back in the sand. Pitt was lucky the were only playing the Radiers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of the Boys... Regs, I noticed you didn't switch my pick.
Whoops, sorry about that... UPDATED NOW.

Then again, you were supposed to remind me I think :D

And before anyone starts, KNVB PMed before the game for the switch :D

Really, he did.

~Regs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this change anything in the breakdown for tonight? I'm too lazy to look. No, really, I am.

Beaker, I would dignify your post with a response if I felt it was worthy. Put my head back in the sand? Kids stuff. Time to get out of the sandbox and play with the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0