Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crazy stuff.

If I was reefing a Holland game, I wouldn't give a call to Robben even if he was gang raped by a bunch of Greeks. How many times can he go to the well with his foot-dragged flying launch of axe-murdering pain look on his face, while waving his arms?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best World Cup ever.

What a rocket by Wesley.

The PK couldn't have happened to a better Mexican... Marquez is in the same orbit as Kesler.

What a transformation by RVP... from superman to invisible woman... the lad has talents, eh?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best World Cup ever.

What a rocket by Wesley.

The PK couldn't have happened to a better Mexican... Marquez is in the same orbit as Kesler.

What a transformation by RVP... from superman to invisible woman... the lad has talents, eh?

He has been hurt all year and cant be at top fitness. On top of that he plays in Manchester and 40 degrees is something they read about in books over there. Was struggling from the 30 minute mark on, hands on his knees at every opportunity.
In Robbens' defense he should have had a PK in the first half and sure he is a blatent diver but that's why guys flail at the hint of contact just ask Lion. #winning.
Dutch are in real trouble for me, Strootman obviously out and Dejong looked to pull a muscle. Daley Blind looked lost in there, mexicans were finding gapes between the lines and he doesn't know he has a right foot. Not good enough if we get to the big boys in the semis. with Strootman I actually would see us winning this thing.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This game has been the funniest one I've watched in a long time... I'm laughing out loud every time there is a greek foul and the ensuing protestations - ballbaby to a tee :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just meant it was an exciting late tying goal BB. I was asking what you thought of it as it was another exciting late one in this tournament, this one for Greece. The late goals are happening pretty frequently which is quite exciting.

Last edited:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just meant it was an exciting late tying goal BB. I was asking what you thought of it as it was another exciting late one in this tournament, this one for Greece. The late goals are happening pretty frequently which is quite exciting.

I think the anti-Greece footy sentiments has gotten to the point where some are criticizing because it's almost hip to do so. The Euro 2004 has taken a life on to it's own and is getting old for everyone. In the meantime, that small country continues to produce competitive teams that can play whether people like it or not. They deserved to win that game against Costa Rica yesterday and they deserved to beat Ivory Coast. They played well against a superior Columbia team.I couldn't stand their play against South Korea.I think the pompous British media have allowed their angst to European economic woes and Greece's role in that to contaminate their views when commenting on football.

Let's take it further now with the emergence of CONCACAF success. I can't stand the condescending attitude towards the the likes of the USA by some soccer giants like England who just can't accept that their country is losing ground to the barbarians of North America and Central America. The landscape has changed. Why a country like Greece has sustained the ability to qualify consistently for major tourneys is something to be studied and understood. The internal demographics of that country, including much adversity, has shaped their approach to sport and we as Canadians with our leisures have to figure this out IF we want to succeed. Countries like England better analyze why they continually under perform. Or do they? Maybe they are meeting and/or surpassing expectations?

I think some use the "anti-football" Greece perceivably play as an excuse to deter from their own under performances.

My rant. But understand this. I want Canada to do something 1000 times more than Greece.

Go USA!!!

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with a lot of what you have to say BB, BUT, disagree that Greece "deserved" to win yesterday. Based on what? They only started to dominate when Costa Rica went down to 10 men, and showed an unbelievable lack of finish on several occasions. Greece are not the Sapperton Rovers they were in 2004, that is for sure, but from an objective point of view, and with someone with no skin in the game, I find their brand of football to be VERY conservative and, well, unattractive for the most part. Just my .02

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game stats:

Shots 24-6
On target 13-2
Possession 57% - 43%
Corners 11-3
Saves 0-7
Offsides 10-0

Looking at those without knowing the result and I would have said Greece should have won...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with a lot of what you have to say BB, BUT, disagree that Greece "deserved" to win yesterday. Based on what? They only started to dominate when Costa Rica went down to 10 men, and showed an unbelievable lack of finish on several occasions. Greece are not the Sapperton Rovers they were in 2004, that is for sure, but from an objective point of view, and with someone with no skin in the game, I find their brand of football to be VERY conservative and, well, unattractive for the most part. Just my .02

I think very few teams have ever taken decent advantage of playing a man up. In fact, I would say it cements and forges the tactics for man-down team, ESPECIALLY if they are up a goal. Even at the highest level. I think Greece did a good job of flaunting the man up, and the Costa Rican goalie made a couple of outstanding saves.

As to the brand, I could go for some more attacking flare but this is where their population base might be hurting them a bit. Greece has yet to produce that one special player that can single handedly change a game. Like a Robben or a Messi, or a Rodriguez. Ultimately, that is the difference in many games we have seen. Example being Robben yesterday.

Now let's talk about our Canadian superstar, the linesman Fletcher from Ontario. They are just doing that on CBC.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0