Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Federal Election 2015

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the interview of JT yesterday and he refused to say when marijuana legalization will take place, perhaps it will happen 10 years from now. He will say anything to get elected.
JT's position on global warming is crap - he states that infrastructure spending will take care of global warming. How will spending money on sewer and water projects cut greenhouse gas emissions?. Funding public transit will help. JT has no plan to control or cut emissions. JT has no plan to stop coal burning electricity plants. JT has no plan to deal with greenhouse gas emissions from tar sands.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree fundamentally with all the reasons, and then some, for legalization. What pisses me off still is the cowardly approach, siting the criminal element as his priority towards legalization, not the potential tax revenue streams. Fcuking politicians. Why hide the other benefits? Say, "Hey, use of marijuana is not much different than use of alcohol or tobacco for consumption. It can be abused. It already is being abused on a massive scale, and we do not have a handle on it, not to mention the criminal side of it's distribution. We are going to enact a tax structure to no only fund programs needed for the abuse of cannabis, but to fund many, many more badly needed Medicare and education initiatives. We are going to treat this just like we do cigarettes: tax the heck out of it, enforce and regulate distribution, and educate children about the health hazards of using it. We can't control what people will do, but we can attempt to regulate the production, distribution, and taxation of it."

Seriously, WTF? Why is it so hard?

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude - most of the abuse is the distribution system.

I don't know if its in the distribution but I would say ( I believe ) that the government maybe sees about 10% of the " legal Marijuana the other 90 is where the Money is.

This is only my opinion, don't shite all over me if you don't agree!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude - most of the abuse is the distribution system.

Are you ready for my argument? Here it is...

SO WHAT.

Honestly, how can there not be? It's loaded with potential spots for distribution abuse. But I'd also imagine that over time, distribution will become a lot more sophisticated and controlled, as facilities will also invest more in internal securities and systems to limit the amount of abuse. Remember, as the industry matures, so to will the commercialization, internal controls, internal efficiency measures, etc.. Think pharma and vitamin manufacturing. I don't know if you've spent a lot of time in those facilities, but I have. I see the legal marijuana industry going very quickly in that direction (likely owned by the same companies). It will become a profit driven industry like any other.

And yes, I'm aware that abuse will occur on all ends.

Point being, it's time to get a piece of the pie ON THE RECORD. I'm sure there is a number out there for estimated usage and black market industry. What if you are to get 25% of that? It is still worth it, isn't it? Not to mention the full decriminalisation of the use of Cannabis. The criminal element in Canada will always be here. Take away a chunk of Marijuana, and they'll find something else, and dirty money will still get washed through our system. I don't think it will have a net negative result on the economy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And, just as an aside, the closer we get to V Day, the more unsure I am. Every time JT steps to a podium, the shite coming out of his mouth scares the crap outta me. I wish we knew what kind of cabinet he'd have in place; who'd be in charge of what. If I knew who would be the new minister of finance, and I could get behind him, then it would make it a lot easier to make a bolt decision and vote for change. God knows I want it- can't stand what Harper is doing to Canada- but Trudeau and his long list of promises just screams problems.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The trick to pot is just the same a booze. You need to tax it to the point where it is inconvenient to grow it yourself, but not so much that it makes sense for a black market to make it. There is an equilibrium point. It is not easy to grow good pot. If you are willing to drink home-brew or smoke your own schit, then all the power to you, but if not, then buy it from the reef store (probably should be L&rCB). Be too greedy and the black market lives on.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do people on here think about the news reporting the election as it happens this year?

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My opinion is....election coverage should not start until the last ballot is cast. The way it is being done this year gives people who may not have been voting the opportunity to possibly change the election if they don't like how its going.

My opinion is if you don't vote because your too lazy or not interested then you have no reason to bitch about what government does.

People who had no intention to vote may change the outcome and they ( the lazy ones ) shouldn't get that opportunity!

Just my Opinion " GO JAYS "

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0