Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fcuk the NDP

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard a report cited on news1130 this morning that on average in this country, a public sector worker makes $8000 more than their comparably employed private sector worker, costing the taxpayer 20 billion dollars for the excess...

Given that the disparity is supposed to be reversed, and to the tune of about 250%, this is costing the taxpayer about 50 billion dollars...

Nevermind the teachers... a day of reckoning is coming... where art thou, Maggy Thatcher...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would guess that that has a lot to do with government jobs and salaries being relatively stable, while in the meantime a ton of the well paying oil sector and IT sector jobs evaporating over the last few years,ie:

Question: What is Windows 2010?

Answer: That is what you jump out of if you bought Nortel at $24O a share.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would guess that that has a lot to do with government jobs and salaries being relatively stable, while in the meantime a ton of the well paying oil sector and IT sector jobs evaporating over the last few years,ie:

Question: What is Windows 2010?

Answer: That is what you jump out of if you bought Nortel at $24O a share.
Not bad and truer than you know.

I have a good mate who was all in with Nortel, including career. That collapse ruined his life.

You make a great point about the public sector, and it is far reaching, including military I would assume. Not sure if it is a fair comparison right now, but I see an end to some of the big bonuses in several crown corps an public utilities. The way I see it, you can have the big pension, or big bonus, but not both. IMHO.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few investment tips to simplify things if one is investing in the public sector:

Don't fight the Fed

Never sell when there is blood on the streets

Stocks are up, pants are down

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The absolute waste of money in the public sector is just mind-boggling.

For instance, the province is spending 24 million dollars to add three brand new courtrooms to the Surrey courthouse, where my most of my practice is based. Cool. Except that the existing courtrooms are NEVER operating at 100% capacity, because the donkies in Victoria won't spend the money required to do so. So they're spending 24 million to have more empty courtrooms. Meanwhile, legal aid is funded at reprehensibly low levels, and they do nothing about it.

Both re-direction and reduction are necessary when it comes to how the public purse is spent...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonderful to live in a country that is tolerant of people with different views, religions, sexual orientations and race. The recent Al Shabaab Islamist terrorist group slaughter of Christians in Kenya has us rethinking our vacation plans. Tunisia, Nigeria, Yemen etc., are off the list.
The newly elected President of Nigeria, a moderate Muslim, has promised to be tough on Boko Haram.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bctf-president-jim-iker-announced-strike-vote-results.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...l-court-ruling-on-bargaining-rights-1.3055769

:wa:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0