Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2004: Post match analysis

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conspiracy nothing. They didn't beat Sweden or Denmark. End of story. As mentioned on another thread.......what goes around comes around.

Italy 1 Mexico 1 is all I have to say about the conspiracy theory. That was probably the worst thing that has ever happened to the beautiful game. BTW, the diving on both sides was fcuking diabolical. How about number 11 on Bulgaria when the **** was holding his knee like it had been run over by a TTP golf cart. The cnut got up and played. The only way to deter this shite is make a team play short for 10 minutes if a player stays down longer than 10 seconds. If he was really hurt, then sub him. If he's not sure if he's hurt :rolleyes: , move the fcuker on to the side and see if the magic sponge will do the job.....in 10 seconds. Cheating cnuts.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Italian chums have nothing to be ashamed of. They scored two goals against a very strong and favoured Bulgarian side tonight and for that they should be very proud.

Scandanavians are simply better catholics than Italians.

I could not have asked for a nicer send-off as I slowly amble into retirement. Fastshow is moving to Italy to begin a lucrative career in teaching Christian Vieri how to head a ball. While I never make predictions, Fastshow has now left the building.

Grazie Italia e ciao..........

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im gutted, as Skippy said. I dont believe there was a set up by Sweden or Denmark, but how funny was it from uefa.com match centre, that the Dane keeper 'Dropped' the ball oh well.

Buffon was the only player that played well and is hands down the best GK in the world (with me a close second ;) ). There should have been a peno on Cassano but hey football is like this. The Italians are not as good as they think, this is a first for me to admit but its the truth. Trap is done.

Czechs are my tip to take it now!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 2-2 draw seemed a bit inconceivable but after watching a short hilight package, the scandis seemed to do a fine job in the performance. Throw in a Russian ref, PK, dropped ball and anything can happen ;). Of course Trap is gone... 2 years too late.

On to follow England now. Love 'em. Can't get enough of 'em. Go on England!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, after reviewing Sweden's "tying" goal in slow mo, I call conspiracy. Sorensen clearly palmed the ball down, in lieu of catching it, giving up a golden chance. Fix. Fcuking thieving Scandi bastads! And the Russian ref was in on it too.

Bitteragain!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mmmmmmmhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm Sure.....

Forza Sweden/Denmark

I was Sad yesterday but today i am Happy!!!!

Way to go Italy, always know how to cheer me up!!!

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its very easy for a gk, in this case Sorenson to drop a ball when not wearing Aqua grip gloves in slippery conditions. ;) Just Ask HOS and Zenga.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a neutral (ie not italian or scandi) I have to say that Italy shat the bed.... which is brutal cause I'm a fan of their league and players. Like the spanish, the players are top notch, loads of skill, play in the toughest leagues. But over the past few years, the italians don't play at all in big matches... they play scared, or tentative, or conservative.... I don't know why, cause if they went all out there are not many teams that can play with them skill-wise. The whole time I watched them in these Euro's, I'm shaking my head as to why they're not flying out there... fcuk the bulgarians looked like Brasil out there at times, when Sweden put 5 past them!!

Enough ranting now, I'm disappointed they're out (same goes to spain). Czechs look great, but Portugal's going all the way!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Italy 1 Mexico 1 is all I have to say about the conspiracy theory.

Fcuking Bingo Captain.

Frank McCann and I were saying the same thing last night.

I love the I-Ties and truely believe they are not deserving of going home, but put down those big stones in the big glass house you're in.

Are the Clogs or the Gerry's going home?

Can't believe some of the teams not carrying on,

RF

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany vs. Czech

FCUKEN GERMANS...hittin' posts!! Too bad...was rootin' for them :wa:

Gunther has to take off his liederhosen (sp?) now :p

ENGLAND...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

Can you hurry up and put the 500 tokens into my account so I can be on the plus side to bet against England tomorrow. Cheers. Fcuking EEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. :)

Good to see the Dutch go through instead of the plumber German squad. Fancy losing to a 'B' team today? Sure, why not.........

Captain'sDutchandFrenchbetarestillalive........:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I'll get right on it. I just need to post a few more times to get up to that total.

What did they have to do to score? My God! How many chances do they need, then they get burned on a counter. Unreal. The Dutch and the Czecks conspired to defeat the Germans. That's it. Maybe the wops were in on it to. And the refs. And the shitty BBC commentators. And Holger.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointing to see Deutschland out, but not their style of play. Fcuk me, they deserve to be sent home with the way they played throughout the tournament (except the first half of the Holland game).

Rudi should be fired for instructing them to play like they've got all day. They fart around and pass backwards for the first 75 minutes, and then realize they've only got 15 minutes left to get their sh!t in gear. That's how they "lost" to Latvia and how they lost today. No fcuking urgency.

That said, it's unfortunate for Ballack. Arguably the best player in the group (cases can be made for Nedved and van Nistelrooij) but we don't get to see him anymore. Great goal today.

Go Sverige.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swiss 'nice guy' Spits

Wednesday, June 23, 2004 (soccernet.com)

Swiss admit Frei had confessed he spat

LISBON, June 23 (Reuters) - Embarrassed Swiss officials admitted on Wednesday that striker Alexander Frei had told the squad's press spokesman he spat at an England player, two days before they defended Frei at a UEFA disciplinary hearing.

In a statement the federation said it had now been told by Pierre Benoit that Frei had confessed on Friday afternoon and had sworn Benoit to secrecy.

Benoit had kept Frei's confession to himself and the federation learned of it only on Tuesday night.

UEFA launched an investigation into the spitting incident on Saturday, two days after the game. When asked by Reuters on Saturday whether Frei had spat, Benoit said: 'No, absolutely not.'

Frei also strongly denied the incident in public and was cleared by UEFA on Sunday for lack of evidence after being defended by federation officials including general secretary Peter Gillieron.

New television footage released on Sunday proved the player had spat at England's Steven Gerrard and he was provisionally suspended by UEFA until the end of the tournament.

The Swiss were knocked out on Monday and UEFA, who want Frei to be banned for five matches, will deal with the player in July. The federation said its board would address the Frei debacle at its next meeting but gave no date.

(soccernet.com)

This may not belong in this thread, for that I appologize. It may also seem as though my bringing it up is somewhat sourgrapes (being an Italian supporter). Let me say once again, Totti is a fukcing idiot. Brilliant player......loser human being as far as I'm concerned, and this post is in no way defending him or his actions. However, I have been struck by the lack of attention the "Swiss incident" has been given around here, especially with the strong English support.

I wonder: why is this the case? Answer(IMO): It's much easier to crucify a greasy WOP than it is a 'nice guy' Swiss.

Comments?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know Keeper.

It's so unusual for the Germans to knock it about the back all day long trying to lull their opposition to sleep and wait for a chance.
It's just not their style of play - Period.
If we could only go back to the days of Toby Charles on KCTS 9 when they played real attacking football.

;)

I agree, unlucky for Ballack, great player.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Rudi should be fired for instructing them to play like they've got all day. They fart around and pass backwards for the first 75 minutes, and then realize they've only got 15 minutes left to get their sh!t in gear. That's how they "lost" to Latvia and how they lost today. No fcuking urgency.
Guess I got my wish . . . sorta.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0