Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Equipment/Kits/Etc not available in North America

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was surfing around looking at what is new (was actually looking for a new bag) out there, and man do we get ripped off not having access to some awesome stuff.

I found the bag- a nice weatherproof Nike Park Holdall with the hardcase under the main compartment that unzips and you can stowe your stinky wet boots, socks, shirt, etc in there so the rest of your clean stuff in the main comp doesn't get ruined/stinky/wet.

me and kjohnsob scored big.

I do my best to spend cash at local soccer shops (especially for boots as I would hate to order $200 boots and have them not fit)

But some stuff you just can't get here anymore, or never have been able to get it.

Now I found a site that had what I wanted in Fife Scotland, having to incure the freight cost...but meh, willing to pay it as I can't get what I was lookign for here.

Anyone else ever run into this?

Is this a case of "Canada being a third world nation" as far as soccer is concerned?(A wise man told me that once;) )

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not ask your local soccer shop if they can help you get what you want? If more people did this in some manner, it would allow the shops to order more of the 'specialty' stuff in larger quantities.

Or somethin' like that. :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
tried. had to resort to looking to the web.
Soccercity, Soccerplus, Soccerwest, Pro-Am Sports,

basically ever store in the Valley.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
this year i got our kit (38 shirts 19 shorts 19 socks) printed with number, sponsor and team logo then delivered in two weeks from the u.s. @ $1,017 us $ from GreggSoccer.com - Quality Soccer Gear for Less its not a high name brand but it fits , its comfy and looks good
we're a new team and had no gear so i had to go as cheap as i could on everything up to now im glad i did:)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, kjohnsob and I had our first order cancelled a day after it was placed, apparently they are unwilling to ship, even though we were willing to pay.

It looks like we found a vendor with balls now,
will update ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite hard to find an Udinese jersey too, can't find one on Ebay and apparently Soccercity and Soccerwest can't order them either. Weird.
It's also like pulling teeth to get help ordering tracksuits for the team too. What's up with that?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before you paint all the local soccer shops with 1 brush you need to remember what you see on line from the USA or the UK isn't always available in Canada. Adidas, Umbro, Puma, Nike have their own off-shoots that deal with the CDN market. We're also about 6 month to a year behind them when we do recive the product. Look at that yellow Laser... it was already being worn in the Copa America and the U20 World Cup and we got our stock about a month after it was over if memory serves.

Adidas has a new Premium Tunit package available now in the USA that Canada won’t see until the spring of 08’

As for for track suits... give me a call ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before you paint all the local soccer shops with 1 brush you need to remember what you see on line from the USA or the UK isn't always available in Canada. Adidas, Umbro, Puma, Nike have their own off-shoots that deal with the CDN market. We're also about 6 month to a year behind them when we do recive the product. Look at that yellow Laser... it was already being worn in the Copa America and the U20 World Cup and we got our stock about a month after it was over if memory serves.

Adidas has a new Premium Tunit package available now in the USA that Canada won’t see until the spring of 08’

As for for track suits... give me a call ;)

I don't (paint with one brush), and I always buy local so I'll be in touch :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts