Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
By popular demand….DUDE’S SOUP SHOWDOWN!
Pacific Foods Creamy Tomato Soup vs. Amy’s Split Pea Organic Soup.

Where can you find these? I mean, besides Dude’s Pandemic Pantry, where we stocked up because the sky was falling, but wasn’t, and now may be again?

The Independent should have it. Save-On-Foods. Not Dude’s Pandemic Pantry.

Preparation method: exactly 150 seconds in this BOSCH Microwave, covered. No stopping to stir halfway, be a man and do a solid full stir at the end. This isn’t knitting.

The Pacific Foods Creamy Tomato Soup was tasty, and smooth. Smooth is key right now for dental surgery recovery. Still some stiches hanging on in there, kinda gross.

The Tomato Soup needed no added ingredients. “But Dude!” (you say), “What about the crackers?”

Well reader, crackers are out. These front teeth ae purely cosmetic. The only way to eat crackers are Stoned Wheat Thins, 2, buttered, dipped. Not crushed up to only sit in the soup to get mushy. Crushing is for pussies, anyways. It’s all soup all the time.

After a satisfying dip down Tomato lane, I moved onto the Spit Pea. Same bowl.
Very disappointing.

From the beginning, not enough salt, or pepper. Bullshit, the fcuking soup is in a can, stuff it full of sodium and other delicious ingredients. Salt and pepper added (sea salt, peppercorns, ground. Dude likes grinding).

Pacific Foods Creamy Tomato Soup

3/5, based on taste, but it’s still from my Pandemic Pantry.

Amy’s Split Pea Organic Soup

2/5. Very disappointed, I haven’t scored anything this low since Subway tried to make a Montreal Smoked meat.

BTW, I’d give my right arm for a smoked meat.

The clear winner of this sad showdown is….. PACIFIC FOODS CREAMY TOMATO SOUP!

Sigh.

At least the view was nice.

I’m not sure what’s more pathetic you writing this or me reading it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I drive by seems he’s closed a lot....

Unwell? Just old and done, ready to retire?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a time of germaphobia and a pandemic, I can only imagine a lot of that guy's DNA will be making it's rounds around the sandis. How many times does he whip it out for the helicopter?

God bless you Salam, you perverted bastard, and I sincerely hope his health isn't a determent to his enjoyment of life going forward. He's a beauty.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a time of germaphobia and a pandemic, I can only imagine a lot of that guy's DNA will be making it's rounds around the sandis. How many times does he whip it out for the helicopter?

God bless you Salam, you perverted bastard, and I sincerely hope his health isn't a determent to his enjoyment of life going forward. He's a beauty.

I will definitely miss wrapping my mouth around Salams meat. God damn that’s a girthy bastard, it almost requires coming up with a game plan as to how you are going to attack the monstrosity of protein and sodium wedged between a thick diverse layer of various cheeses between a glorious loaf of gluten filled bread.

on my last visit I peered through the locked glass door and saw him peer back, I assumed he was closed and I turned to walk away until I saw this sasquatch-esque silhouette uplift its shirt and proceed to rub its nipples on the glass door before opening it and saying “come inside my friend”

now at this point I probably should have kept walking away, but I didn’t, I walked in the door locked behind me, and again at this point I probably should have walked out, but I didn’t, and low n behold after about 15 minutes of banter, crude humour, and more nipple, I walked out with the equivalent of a new born baby. Salam is an absolute beauty and his salami was even better.

cheers to a legend

8CA6DC86-BBCD-4937-AC41-2671D8ADC0A8.jpeg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will definitely miss wrapping my mouth around Salams meat. God damn that’s a girthy bastard, it almost requires coming up with a game plan as to how you are going to attack the monstrosity of protein and sodium wedged between a thick diverse layer of various cheeses between a glorious loaf of gluten filled bread.

on my last visit I peered through the locked glass door and saw him peer back, I assumed he was closed and I turned to walk away until I saw this sasquatch-esque silhouette uplift its shirt and proceed to rub its nipples on the glass door before opening it and saying “come inside my friend”

now at this point I probably should have kept walking away, but I didn’t, I walked in the door locked behind me, and again at this point I probably should have walked out, but I didn’t, and low n behold after about 15 minutes of banter, crude humour, and more nipple, I walked out with the equivalent of a new born baby. Salam is an absolute beauty and his salami was even better.

cheers to a legend

View attachment 29067

Kid, you have a future in sandwich reviews.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not, indeed!

The father of two has three rules that every customer must follow: No ketchup, no sauerkraut and no Manchester United. He proudly flies a Liverpool FC flag above his stand and has been known to turn away patrons wearing a rival Man United jersey.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all my years as a top amateur sandwich reviewer, I have never experienced the taste explosion I did this morning.

Had a hankering for some French Toast this morning, so headed over to my favorite bakery after my workout. Idea was to grab a nice loaf of fresh sourdough.

The Bunker is located in Nesters Market in Whistler, lower level next to the barber.

I don’t know if they have a website, but here’ the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/thebunkerwhistler/

Normally you need to get there before 10 for fresh bread. Walk in to learn they are no longer doing fresh bread. COVID-19 business pivot. Sticking to the coffee, baked good, and SANDWICHES!!!

Mini Dude had the bacon turkey the other day and said it was the best sandwich he’s ever had. Although he fancies himself a connoisseur of the finer things, he lacks true real world experience.

Since the Bunker was no longer doing bread loaves, grabbed a coffee and the Bacon Turkey to go.

Oh. My. God (Not the Langley United God, but the one who created football and small blonds with big boobs).

The description:
Introducing our turkey sandwich: Camembert, turkey, arugula, tomato, homemade pesto aioli and bacon basted with maple syrup and fennel
#coffeeshopsofinstagram #bakery #coffeevibes#sandwichesofinstagram #whistler #homemade #

I don’t think I’ve ever awarded a 5/5, but today I’m close.

Fresh multigrain. Real turkey breast. Affordable at $5.95. Taste unreal.

This gets a 4.98/5 Toothpicks. Only reason being that there may be two other sandwiches on this planet that are better.

I will find those sandwiches. In the meantime, if you are up here, get yourself to Nester Market and The Bunker. Besides the sandwiches a fantastic array of fat-kid-special baked goods and great coffee await you.

Attachments

• 63DB4E1C-A1C2-4F63-9702-37F3C239E5EC.jpeg
    63DB4E1C-A1C2-4F63-9702-37F3C239E5EC.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 9
  • E49F92CA-797E-4B99-AA63-AC9C354E629E.jpeg
    E49F92CA-797E-4B99-AA63-AC9C354E629E.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 4CAADB83-1A3E-4ED4-AFCA-24FCF42D288C.jpeg
    4CAADB83-1A3E-4ED4-AFCA-24FCF42D288C.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 10

Members online

No members online now.