Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead

Aug 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've done very little riding in the kamloops area, just a few wide open fire roads here and there, fun and fast mind you, Whistler was aaaaabsolutely stellar very little lines, really enjoyed thrashing on a rental for the rest of the day, had a "hayes" problem...(my wheels need a little tlc right now, eeeck ) either way had a great day.......i like chairlifts.... wtf is this guy????:knvb:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rental??? WTF

Where the hell are you from that you'd need to get a rental? What about your Bullit?

Well...did you get to ride "Dragon Shlayer"? Apparently this was designed by Ritchie Schley. I'm heading up on Labor Day. I LOVE upper and lower Joyride, and apparently they've cleaned it up a little.

You like lifts? Get to Sun Peaks. High speed chair lift, and looooooooooooooooooooong runs!

jughead

Aug 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm from the Valley, i just ran into a sheared brake line part way through the day....ecccck.....it somewhat decreased my stoppin power= no front brakes, rest of her is fine just no brakes...then again i coulda got real ballsie and run "sans" hayes the rest of the day.....that could hurt..... never hit the shlayer although there was lots of talk about it all day....i agree joy ride rips, I may be up there again on fri, hopefully no more mishaps.....meh:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check it out!

Jughead, you'll be interested in this...

Whister is hosting a "Freeride" competition, similar to the Red Bull formats. Final scores based on a combo of speed and judged style on the stunts.

From the website:

The Race Course
The race course is an amazing top to bottom (in the park) Freeride course. We will be using new trail in the park - Schleyer - that some of you may have ridden but I am sure that many have not. And are you ever in for a treat! We tried to find a course that utilized the awesome terrain park to the best advantage and have a course that tested all of the skill sets that are necessary to freeride with the elite.

Here is a rundown on the trails that we THINK that may use. Check back in often or register for the email mailing list to be kept up to date on the exact course as we finalize it.

Tentative BC Freeride Course
· Upper Joyride to
· Schleyer to
· Good Call to
· Clown Shoes (he he he) to
· Crack Addict to Hornet to
· The GLC Drop

A little bit of everything! I wonder how many guys and gals will bite it on the "Teeter Slaughter" in Joyride?:D I'm strongly considering just one more riding weekend for the year. I wonder how coach will feel about that?:rolleyes:

jughead

Aug 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would definately be in for that besides the fact that I KNOW somehow I'll injure myself and not be able to play this year.....what the hell....may aswell....you gonna go dude?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm tossing it around. I was up today- one of about 10 riders on the hill due to rain. Only A-Line & Rutebegga were going. "What do you want to do now?" "Uhhh.....A-line????"

I was hoping to get a few in on Joyride and Schleyer. I'm out of town for work too much the next bit, so I may not get a chance to ride them until the Friday before, which I may not be able to make because of work. I know...excuses, excuses. Ironic- my favorite runs, and a format I think I'd love! I'll be up on Saturday for sure, but racing will all depend on if I can get some practice time in between now and then.

We'll see. Should be a great weekend up there though!

jughead

Aug 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm due to my recent shuffling of teams I'm not going to be albe to now, I'll have games both days.....meh what can ya do.....have a blast if you go.......biff one for me....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty, how was Whistler? Any good trails open?

Notty, Jughead, and anyone else- I have two free lift passes for the Whistler bike park, and I won't be able to use them before they expire Sept 23rd. If you want them, let me know. It'd be a shame to have them go to waste...

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CRACKER CRACKER CRACKER!!!

Whistler rocks.... finally got it together yesterday and had an amazing time! Finally huken some bigger stuff...perhaps less intimidating than the Shore...but still pushen the envelope!

Thanks again for the passes...and if no one else wants them...I most certainly could make use of them!

~Nottystillsoarfromyesterday...butwhatarush!

PS: "A" line and Hornet ROCK!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm jealous...especially since I'd love to get up there just one more time!

They're yours, but only if you promise me you hit the WC Downhill, Joyride, and Schleyer.:D

Send me a PM, and we'll arrange getting them to you.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never met!

As far as I know we have never met...but always looking for new ride parners! How does wednesday sound Jughead?

~Notty

jughead

Aug 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No can do....

Unfourtanately can't I've got freakin school on wed, I wanna get up there before they're done for the year though.....oh well....:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as how I've hung up the beast for the 2002/2003 soccer season, this will probably be my last post on this thread until spring.

Jughead- take a look at the results section of the Whistler Freeride event. The Pro times look...mortal. I recognize a few names in there, and no outstanding pro downhillers- but some pretty good "local" freeriders. Dominated by shore riders, not Whistler riders as I had expected. Looking at the pro woman, and they were very slow...and they normally hold their own pretty well on a DH course. It seems like adding in the difficulty and big ball factor of freeriding is the great equalizer in a race like this.

Some pretty decent times, but nothing that blows me away. I could see myself finishing in the mid 7 minute range with a clean effort.

Notty- did you ever use that second set of passes? Can't wait, already, to ride again. It's great to be back at playing soccer in fall again, but I am going to miss the trails...:( Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a few runs this winter, once we start playing on Friday evenings.

Till spring!

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Got the passes and used-um...cheers! I had a huge crash on A-line at the rock drop! It's all on film so when I get a copy; I'll forward the clip! Nasty nasty nasty!

Cheers

~Notty

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Concrete

No way. I'd never be caught wearing tight spandex w/ knee high socks.:D

Seriously, that's fcuking stupid. Not stupid as in "cool", but stupid as in "stupid". I'm not much for Urban stuff. Only dirt. That's not really Downhill or Freeride, so really, you're off topic- but the photo is cool, so we'll let you stick!

Even the notorious Josh Bender (he of the 60,70, and 80 drops) made sure he used the best equipment, protection, and had a smooth transition for his landings. That guy looks like he is using his K-Mart bike and some soccer pads!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trails in great shape!

Jughead, Notty, any Freeride Lurkers who actually care:

I decided to take a break from my break from riding this winter on Saturday. With the weather being so superb, I couldn't resist meeting the crew @ 8:00 at Cypress for three shuttles.

We did 5th Horseman, Sexboy, and Sexgirl. I must say, with the lack of rain recently, I haven't EVER seen these trails in such great shape. In fact, I don't know if I've ever ridden some of the steep sections in 5th Horseman so clean before. Usually, you have to deal with some muck, some moss, and slippery conditions. Not Saturday- like riding in the interior in the middle of summer.

Pretty cool to get on some "old school" trails, too. All natural, gnarly, and steep as hell. It's almost like I've gotten too used to the ladders, bridges, man-made hucks, and other non-natural obsticals at Seymour, Sun Peaks, & Whistler. Very nice.

Get out there soon, before the snow covers it all up!

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thinken about it?!?!?!?

I drove past CBC on my way up to the top with my nephew for a little hike...and the trailhead was packed. Cars lined the road and the upper parking lot was packed with the weekend warriors. Word on the street is that the shore has never seen better days. Almost makes me wanna get out there as well.

~Notty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0