Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Coach V get Fired this week?

Does Coach V get the ax this week?

• Total voters

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Dude I was thinking about the Sedins if he can't resign them. O'Brien because he isn't playing well and maybe moving Schnieder or Sanford. who knows.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sedins would indeed be balsy and of the blockbuster variety. Can't see it.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would trade that whole line. Pyatt and the Sedins. but that's why I bought a PS3;) being a GM can't be easy. has to one of the tougher jobs around.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cause it's easy to replace 160 points for $7.1M a year? Even with a raise to say, $4.5M each, you still can't get anyone for $9M that wil be putting up 160 points a year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, the numbers being supposedly asked for are $6-7M each.

Gillis has some hard thinking to do over the next couple of weeks because letting them walk this summer with nothing in return can't be an option.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What sucks is they're a package deal? I said trade one of them and watch the other one cry. Maybe KNVB can go to all the home games to make the lonely one feel complete.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm on the wagon for moving them now if you can get good assets in return. That would certainly have to include an impact player now, and a meaningfull prospect.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gillis has some hard thinking to do over the next couple of weeks because letting them walk this summer with nothing in return can't be an option.

I totally Agree. I was choked when Jovo left for nothing. and the same thing happened last season when Brendan Morrison and Naslund just walked. we could have at least moved them for picks.not that I wanted to trade them. but something for nothing.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the deal.

If JP Barry is dead serious, and he well might be...that he wants 6-7 mill each for the twins here is what I say if I am Mike Gillis for the day.
1. The Twins are only worth that amount if they weren't twins, or even brothers and did not depend on playing together or as a package deal. Instantly I would say they need to be capped at 10 mill each, just because they are a package.
2. If JP Still doesn't come down, and is determined to get 12-14 million for the two of them I say look at the pool of guys that are UFA's or will be made available in the off season and why, and could get any two of them in that range.
1. Marian Gaborik (29 career playoff games, 22 points, +2) (Career 491 games played 419 points, +51)
2. Marian Hossa (75 Playoff games, 61 points, -1, which was only due to two dreadful playoff spells with Sens.) (Career 752 Games, 700 points, +97) (A cup finals appearance)
3. Johan Franzen (Cup ring and numbers in 4 NHL seasons speak for themselves)
4. Mike Cammalleri (On Point per game pace this season, just reaching prime, sniper, never seen playoffs in LA)
5. Tim Connoly (Injury plagued with Concussions, great points per game ratio though in playoffs though at 20 in 24)
6. Martin Havlat
7. Alexi Kovalev
8. Brian Gionta
9. Andy MacDonald
10. Nik antropov
11. Viktor Kozlov

Some in there are on the up, some on the down, but you could easily pair a few of those guys to get to the range the sedins are scoring in.

Franzen + Antropov + Havlat = more points than the sedins at less than 14 million total
Kovalev + Connolly + Kozlov = more points than the sedins at less than 14 million
Gaborik + Hossa = more points, if healthy, than the sedins at the less than 14 million as these two would be over the moon to play on the same team.

I could go on.

I know the sedins have been both in the top 25 in NHL scoring for a long time, but so have some of the above guys.

I am not knocking them at all, I like having them a part of the Canucks, but they are not going to get that money, and if they do...god bless them and they can be replaced.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

And that has to mean they've priced themselves out of every market if they want to continue to play together. I'd move them if that's what they're asking for and won't budge as well.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Twins will be resigned inbetween the 5.5-6 million range. They will both take paycuts to stay in Vancouver together.....

Twins traded:rolleyes:

PS Gaborik is shite

I also look pretty sharp in my new Sundin jersey;)

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should see the size difference in Jerseys Mat's is wearinf a XXXL and Franshie is wearing a Youth Medium. how mush do you safe buying Kids clothing Chise????

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just glad the Nucks won again. Coach V will be spared, hopefully he sees what keeping lines together actually does for players.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding me?

And create more drama for the local media?

Let him play through it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0