Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div. 1 2011/12 - Predictions, Results and Banter

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new season nearly set to kickoff, and perennial questions are being asked: Who should be the strong sides this season? Who made the most changes, and what do they mean for that side? Rumours? Thoughts on this year's grouping alignment? Will Striker14 fill the net this season? ;) So many questions...

Groups:

[SUP]Division 1 East[/SUP]
Magnuson Ford Mariners FC
Trinity Western Titans
CCB Ajax
Clearbrook FC
Surrey United Selects Div 1
Poco FC Gunners
Semiahmoo Spirit
Golden Ears Lightning

Division 1 North
Bgsccfc Rush
NSGSC Red Socks
Wickham FC
Vwsc Sabres
Van City FC A
Meraloma Warriors
NSGSC Knockouts
West Coast FC Impact

Division 1 South
Delta United
West Coast FC Strikers
Richmond FC Stingrays
White Rock United B
Vancouver Mavericks
Vancouver Jaguars
Westside FC Shamrock Rovers
SFC Piranhas

~ shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars are pretty excited about this upcoming season. We have lost about 5 girls, but have gained 5 great girls. We have picked up a goalie which is a BONUS. She hasn't played in a while, but anyone who is willing to stand between the sticks and be comfy in doing so, bring it on!!
We are hoping to put the past couple of seasons behind us and pop some goals in. I think our biggest issue was that we just didn't score enough. It's just not acceptable the amount of chances we have and we don't capitalize.
We have a few teams in our pool that we haven't played before, but it's good to have Delta United and the Mavericks in there as they are always good teams to battle.

Good Luck to everyone!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock Rovers 0-1 White Rock United B

Week One in the books. Good match out at SSA Sunday night, could have ended in a draw easily however with all the corners we generated (I counted at least 10) we could not get the touch or bounce needed to find the back of the net. Full credit to WRU, they had us on the back foot much of the first half; in the second, we were at least their equal and walked off the pitch at the end with our heads up.

Striker, what can you pass along about the Mavericks? I see you managed to put two by them...

~Shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 2 Vancouver Mavericks 3

what a game
it started with some good back and forth action, and then the dreaded hand ball in the box by one of our defenders...PK
i am in net...gulp!
Yuki sets up and buries it to my bottom left...i went right
about 15 minutes later, and after a few chances by both teams, a ball is put through our defenders and Yuki is onto it...breakaway
i come out hard, and rather than blast it and risk the chance of it rebounding off of her and in my net, i try to put it past her. she blocks it, and open net...my bad
half time
we come out with some new fire under our butts
we get a goal about 10 minutes in from a short corner kick...a cross into the 6 yard box and our girl running in and slamming it
the game is 2-1 for a while when with about 15 minutes left, we get a cross in from one of our defenders, a couple of bounces later, onto the foot of our centre mid and she buries it. TIE GAME!!
at this point there is pressure from the Jaguars as we are stoked to be back in it
of course...it takes 1 punt up the pitch by their defender....onto their forward, who is being held up by our sweeper, and she decides to take a boot at it...top corner...DAMN!! it was a fantastic goal. it couldn't have been placed any better.

we have a few quality chances with extra time being tacked on from a couple injuries, but we just can't put it in

great first game
always a good battle vs. the Mavericks

next game is against a team we have never played...Piranhas?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker14, glad to see that your in the pipes this year. With some technical work I feel you will do well in the pipes!

We have picked up a goalie which is a BONUS. She hasn't played in a while, but anyone who is willing to stand between the sticks and be comfy in doing so, bring it on!!

As for not stopping the PK we all know that the shooter has a greater advantage in soccer on PK's.

i am in net...gulp!
As for being nervous in the pipes once you get comfortable there, your anxiety levels will soon go away!;)

Good luck this weekend against those nasty fish!

Shaveen, if you guys generated 10 corners did WRU generate 20 corners? Sounds like in your report that they carried the play over you girls!
with all the corners we generated (I counted at least 10) we could not get the touch or bounce needed to find the back of the net. Full credit to WRU, they had us on the back foot much of the first half; in the second, we were at least their equal and walked off the pitch at the end with our heads up.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaveen, if you guys generated 10 corners did WRU generate 20 corners? Sounds like in your report that they carried the play over you girls!

Ah, Conductor, alas you interpret incorrectly! While the first half was unarguably in their favour, we pushed back and were arguably the better side in the second. We had better opportunities at their end overall than they did in the first, and had them on the back foot for essentially the last 15 min. My estimate of our corner total is likely low, in fact!

I'll say this, WRU is a good side that I know feels they got themselves a solid match from us and could have easily opened their season with a draw rather than the win. They carried the play early, and we came into the match after the half and carried our fair share until time.

~ Shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 SFC Piranhas 3

oh man
we shouldn't have lost this one
i know you have heard this before, but this one...shameful
we were CLEARLY the better team and we just didn't make it happen

they went up 1 nil when our sweeper gave a pass back to our goalie who didn't read it and stayed on her goal line
their forward had a free shot on goal and didn't miss
on the piranhas 2nd goal, it was a corner kick, and they have a girl who is probably 6' 2 who just jumped an inch and headed it in over about 3 of our defenders
about a minute from half time, our forward is taken down in the box...PK...i step up and bury it :D
their 3rd goal was a mistake by our keeper who misjudged the free kick and it pretty much bounced right by her

last weeks loss was tough but this one hurt because we just should not be losing the way we are

next game
Delta United
friday night
7pm @ John Oliver

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancover Jaguars 3 Delta United 2

This was a very exciting and fast paced game! Delta United have been together for years, as have the Jaguars, and they are always a good team to play.
About 10 minutes in, a short cross comes in from a DU player and Senna, standing in front, and me knowing she can bury it, i get ready for a shot, and instead, the ball rebounds in off of her knees. DAMN!
Shortly after that, one of our players gets subbed in, and her first touch is a beauty pass up to our forward who buries it. :D
Our next goal was a cross into the box and our girl just swung at it and it went up about 25 feet in the air and came down in behind the goalie.
Delta's next goal was a miscommunication between me, the goalie, and my defender (who is actually our forward coming back) and the Delta player just snuck a shot around her low and far and i couldn't get my hands on it.
Half time 2-2
2nd half was fun to watch...quick...lots of chances both ways...but Jaguars were the team to finish...for once
There was a scramble in the box about 20 minutes in and our centre mid got her head on it and in it went :wa:
with about 5 minutes to go, a free kick is awarded to DU and the girl takes a good low hard shot and it skips off the pitch, hits my hands, bounces behind me and i literally grabbed it on the line. PHEW!!

Jaguars first win of the season felt GREAT and well deserved

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to hear of the Jaguars big victory. Sounds to me if your keeper can get fine tuned as you have mentioned on your first two losses and even in lasts nights game, quite a few of the goals allowed have come from mistakes from your keeper. Once this happens I believe your team will fight for a top 3-4 finish! BTW who were your goal scorers!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to hear of the Jaguars big victory. Sounds to me if your keeper can get fine tuned as you have mentioned on your first two losses and even in lasts nights game, quite a few of the goals allowed have come from mistakes from your keeper. Once this happens I believe your team will fight for a top 3-4 finish! BTW who were your goal scorers!

i am the goalie conductor and YES, i need some "fine tuning"
going from striker to goalie is quite the jump but i enjoy being between the sticks...just need help with angles, etc...

goal scorers were Nadia D, Kim and Christina

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 West Coast FC Strikers 0

this was a real test as they were 1st place coming into this game, with zero goals against
we knew it was going to be a challenge
Jaguars with 1 sub

first half ended in a nil nil draw
a few chances in both ends
Jaguars with the best chance...our girl on a break away...tried low short side and the keeper got down fast and made a great save
she showed why they had no goals against with that save

in the 2nd half, our girl got a nice pass from our defender, ran onto it and popped it in

they were an angry bunch and it showed with their frustration and lashing out, which created a lot of free kicks for us
we got under their skin and kept our cool and the game ended 1 nil

i made a few nice saves and i am feeling more and more confident between the sticks

next game is not until October 16th because GOD FORBID we get to play on the Thanksgiving Weekend
*insert sexist joke here*

striker14

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Shamrock Rovers 3 - 0 Delta United

Good match for us today at Andy Livingstone, the dominant side over a game Delta side that to their credit demonstrated how they have been able to maintain their Div. 1 status for so long.

We didn't find the back of the net until 'round the 25th minute, however once we did another followed within 10 minutes. Delta was clearly frustrated by the two quick markers, however re-grouped at halftime and got on the front foot for the first 10 minutes due to us being a bit flat coming out of the break. We settled down after this spell, however, and popped a third 'round the 70th minute. After that, Delta looked to be a tired group that resorted to playing the ball long for their striker(s), a tactic which we mostly snuffed out and counter-attacked. In truth, we should have managed to pop a couple more with the clean-in chances we had. That said, it is clear to me that this may finally be the year Delta drops out of Div. 1; their core is simply not up to the pace any longer most matches, and their veteran "tactics" don't yield like they have done. Still a skilled group with the ball at feet, and one-touch better than most sides but simply need to refresh their core... likely a couple of seasons past due now.

Good win for us, another clean sheet and a home win. Nice to take that into the break, though the break really isn't necessary (I'm with you, Striker).

~ Shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we play your team next Shaven
right now our teams sit 3rd and 5th

Lookin' forward to it
Take it easy on me

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the Jaguars big victory as I believe this win will add to the confidence your team is slowly starting to get. too bad you ladies don't get to play this weekend, but Striker14 I was wondering if you will have room for me to come over for Thankgiving dinner?;) I don't Shaven is the type to prep turkey dinner but who knows maybe desserts are her specialty!:bronco: Like maybe pumpkin pie, LOL

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the Jaguars big victory as I believe this win will add to the confidence your team is slowly starting to get. too bad you ladies don't get to play this weekend, but Striker14 I was wondering if you will have room for me to come over for Thankgiving dinner?;) I don't Shaven is the type to prep turkey dinner but who knows maybe desserts are her specialty!:bronco: Like maybe pumpkin pie, LOL

no more team dinner conductor...sorry

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't Shaven is the type to prep turkey dinner but who knows maybe desserts are her specialty!:bronco: Like maybe pumpkin pie, LOL

Ah Conductor, very funny! It is even funnier when you realise that I'm... male. :eek: I do like pumpkin pie, though...

~ Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we play your team next Shaven
right now our teams sit 3rd and 5th

Lookin' forward to it
Take it easy on me

Already looking ahead to it, striker... and no, we won't take it easy if we can help it, where's the fun in that? ;)

Should be a good match, looking forward to it.

~ Shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet Shaven is waiting for this, so here it is...

Vancouver Jaguars 2 West side Shamrock Rovers 2

The Jaguars open the scoring about 5-10 minutes in. It was a cheeser of a goal that their goalie should have had...and I am sure she knows it because we knew it, but we'll take it!
Maybe 25 or so minutes in, our defenders get a bit mixed up, and give up the ball to the Rovers. Their girl makes a heads up play and feeds the top of the 18 where her team mate is waiting, and BAM, crossbar and in. I had no chance. Great shot!
It was 1-1 going into the half
I would say maybe the 60th minute or so, a ball gets crossed into the box where our right back and their player are...the only 2 people there. Our defender got beat, the girl took a nice low hard shot and buries it. Another nice goal.
85th minute, there is a wrestling match between our player and one of theirs. This particular girl on the Rovers was beating the sh*t out of that side of the pitch all day...arms up, elbows up, getting away with it all game...fine! Our player in this situation came up standing while she was laying flat on her back. Referee makes the right call and awards our player a free kick. Their girl remains on the pitch and the Referee allows play to continue. We make quick work of it down the park and a couple of swings later, our girl scores. Their team is in an uproar, claiming their player involved in the earlier altercation was injured and the Referee should not have allowed the play to continue. I saw the entire thing and I didn't see where the girl was injured. I was watching the ball after our free kick and I wasn't paying attention to the girl on the pitch and to be honest, I am unsure on what injury she would have sustained in the foul. From what I saw she was clutching and grabbing onto our player...our player basically shook her off and she fell to the ground. Referee didn't see any injury, or any reason for injury, so I guess that is why he allowed play to continue.
With about 2 minutes to go, our forward gets a great pass and has their defender beat...TWEET!!!! The Referee calls her offside. SHE WASN'T EVEN ACROSS CENTRE LINE!!!!!!!!!!! He immediately comes over to our Coach who is fuming and says "sorry...I got the lines on the turf mixed up." WHAT?!!! it was a game breaker. That could have been the game. The forward that had the ball is easily our fastest girl on our team. KILLER!!! And to top it off...after admitting his error, he awards the Rovers with a free kick. Shocking! should that not be a free kick to us? or at least a drop ball?

Game ended 2-2

Should be an interesting one next time now that we have a feel for each other...what do you think Shaven?

striker14

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14,

What I am most interested in is your team appears to be having much stronger success since the shuffling of the pods. In your opinion, is the pod weaker, or is your team stronger, or both? I know you have only played a few games, but would be interesting to hear your opinion.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14,

What I am most interested in is your team appears to be having much stronger success since the shuffling of the pods. In your opinion, is the pod weaker, or is your team stronger, or both? I know you have only played a few games, but would be interesting to hear your opinion.

our team is stronger this season
and, i have committed to keeper which helps because we were switching keepers all the time...playing half and half...and it messed with the chemistry a lot
we have new players that can fill the net which is nice
our players are able to play their preferred positions most of the time, rather than filling in missing pieces here and there

we will see how the season unfolds but to answer your question...yes, we are a stronger team
we still have the Mavericks that are always a test
it seems Delta United are slipping down the ranks when they are normally middle or close to the top
the White Rock team was new to us last season and it seems that they are still holding at the bottom where they ended 2010
i am surprised by the Richmond Stingrays start as they are usually a decent team
the Piranhas are new to our "pod" this season and we had a good game against them, and i still feel we should have won it
the Rovers are a good team as well, and it shows in their positioning right now
the Strikers are the team to beat...yes, we beat them, but not easily

it's a tight race right now

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts