Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Daniel Fernandes - Portugal Goalie

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gatti still had a little maple leaf beside his name on the TV bug thing when they did the cut shots...Lewis always had a Union Jack...

And this business of Lewis Fighting out of the UK is better than Canada is Non Sense.

Toronto (Where he was raised) is a lot closer to the two hot spots for Pro Boxing (Vegas and Atlantic City) than London.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that, but afterwards he declared himself as English for commercial reasons. He even adopted a ****ing brit accent!

And, you know that's fully bullshit about his pro opportunities. He would have had the same promoter and same opportunities, so far as actual fights and purses are concerned. Nationality made no difference there, save the outside commercial opportunities.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gatti still had a little maple leaf beside his name on the TV bug thing when they did the cut shots...Lewis always had a Union Jack...

And this business of Lewis Fighting out of the UK is better than Canada is Non Sense.

Toronto (Where he was raised) is a lot closer to the two hot spots for Pro Boxing (Vegas and Atlantic City) than London.

I'm not talking about once he was a marquee fighter, getting multi-million dollar contracts. I'm talking about the first dozen fights as an up-and-comer... the 6 and 8 rounders. Go ask Shane Andreesen how hard it is for him to find a competitive fight without travelling a ridiculous distance. A lot of boxing has to do with matchmaking, exposure, and getting opportunities. He would not have had those if he stayed in Canada.

Why do you think so many Russian and Ukrainian fighters now fight out of Germany?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't get it. He was already travelling and based in Vegas. He had the promoter, and he was the next big thing before declaring himself British.

Anyhow, whatever.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He won an Olympic Gold, in an olympiad chocka block full of real world class fighters...

He went straight to Prize Fighting post Olympics.

Neither here nor there.

It is irrelevant to this conversation however, since Lewis was Born in London England.

Now don't come screaming "there you go" He moved to Ontario at age 12...I'm not sure he was boxing at 12 years old...I thought after watching his documentary biography that he was playing Football, and Soccer, and Basketball, and then around 14 or so decided to focus on Boxing.

He learned his craft in Canada, and was a citizen of Canada, not a Landed immigrant.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only boxing I enjoy is "so you think your tough contest" Regular people swinging for the fences...Love it!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The writers and reporters obviously don't have the passion for the game and don't believe it is taken very seriously throughout the country. .

You think? I had to frikken read deep into the province sports section to find any mention and didn't see anything as far as highlights on the local news regarding our 2-2 Draw Wednesday in an international friendly match.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0