Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 D2 MOTW Week 9

Who is your MOTW?

• Stolo Utd. vs. LUFC Young Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Rock Utd. vs. NFS Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
House, in case you missed it:
C4L said:

We won 2 to 1. The score doesn't really reflect the game. We easily could have scored 3 more had their goalie not absolutely stoned us. Possession was probably 80 % to 20%. Flagg scored a premieresque goal from 40 yards out. You guys are good group, looking forward to our next game.

TBL Said:

We lost 2to 1. Not only was the ref shockingly brutal, we were missing at least 4 or 5 starters. Hard to play against a team that is so blatantly favoured by the ref. We had at least 3 goals called off for offsides or fouls that totally were not. Good luck the rest of the way, can't wait to play you guys again with our full line-up.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I would love to say we could have scored waayyyy more, not so true.. It was a tough game, and they were a quality side. We went up 1-0 in about the 15th minute of a nice cross from the wing, controlled in the box and a beauty strike to finish. They came firing right back off a set piece (could have been questionable off side since he was all alone)... But cant leave that stuff up to the reff, gotta play the game! We made it 2-1 in the 40th of a scramble...
From there on out it went back and forth with both teams working very hard! It was a good hard fought win, and I think we deserved it! Could have gone either way!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Jimmy seems quiet i'll post the report and he can give me his opinion afterwards. Thought the Coyotes were the better team in the first half possesion wise but just lacked getting themselves chances where as we counter attacked well creating a couple decent chances. Right before half the ref gave us a PK that i don't think anyone on our team appealed for, i put the cross in and was just on my way over to take the corner when the ref blew his whislte and pointed to the spot and said the coyotes player pushed our player in the back? Oh well, we put it away 1-0 at half. 2nd half started out back and forth then we really started to take control and i thought we were gonna put it away but just couldn't find finish thanks to there keeper on part, around the 80th they started to make the push and almost tied it up before we threw one last counter on a long punt up to me which i brought down played out wide, Sina crossed it in for Buble to head home and clinch the 3 points.
Terry's move at the end down in the corner megging our rb was so sick, he's a good player but i thought we did a good job of forcing him away from goal every time he had the ball.

jimmy? doucheface?

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fail to see the set back to a game that is on a Sunday night at 8:30 in November??? Weather was gorgeous: No excuse.. We all gotta work Monday morning: No excuse.. The game is posted months in advance by the FVSL so if you have to make arangements you have lots of time... Yah its a drive for you guys, but so is every game not in Maple Ridge...

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Jimmy seems quiet i'll post the report and he can give me his opinion afterwards. Thought the Coyotes were the better team in the first half possesion wise but just lacked getting themselves chances where as we counter attacked well creating a couple decent chances. Right before half the ref gave us a PK that i don't think anyone on our team appealed for, i put the cross in and was just on my way over to take the corner when the ref blew his whislte and pointed to the spot and said the coyotes player pushed our player in the back? Oh well, we put it away 1-0 at half. 2nd half started out back and forth then we really started to take control and i thought we were gonna put it away but just couldn't find finish thanks to there keeper on part, around the 80th they started to make the push and almost tied it up before we threw one last counter on a long punt up to me which i brought down played out wide, Sina crossed it in for Buble to head home and clinch the 3 points.
Terry's move at the end down in the corner megging our rb was so sick, he's a good player but i thought we did a good job of forcing him away from goal every time he had the ball.

jimmy? doucheface?

Pretty accurate summary by MB10. I thought we held the ball better in the first half, but lacked creativity once we got near/into the 18. Their defenders closed us down well and we were forced into trying shots from distance. Inter's attack was very direct, getting it up to the strikers ASAP. They had some quality chances to score, which were saved by our GK. Most of our team thought the PK was very questionable, especially since the ball was way over everyone's head and not at all playable. Second half our GK made some good saves to keep us in it and I thought we were unlucky not to tie it up. They scored a nice goal in the 90th minute on a counter-attack to seal the deal. I thought we deserved a better fate and I think a 0-0 scoreline would've been a fair result for both sides. It was a classy game for the most part, a couple late tackles but nothing malicious and no intent to injure. I got hurt about 35 mins in and had to watch the rest of the game from the sidelines, which f'ing sucked!
We look forward to playing Inter again and hopefully stealing some points.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Arty, I do. I played (not well mind you) around 35-40 minutes on Saturday before 'Hoff hacked me and ended my night midway through the second half.

Thanks for the concern :)

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

jimmy? doucheface?

pretty equal game. PK was a bad call; I think Inter was as surprised at the call as we were. The ref was spot-on for the remainder of the game. I think the defense lines on both teams did a really good job to shut down TO and mb10. Nice to see Mass get his ankles turned a few times in the middle of the pitch. Good game mb10.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
good game to mb10 and rest of the inter squad, the game definitely was motw. too bad had to be decided by that weak pk. if only that referee was closer to the play :rolleyes: jk.....other than that one pk the ref was amazing, we had a similar pk shout go begging as he looked at our guy telling him to get up...oh well good game and onto round 2 of league play. need to get some points back as we've dropped more than we should have already. on a side note, TBL, WTFF ? not taking anything away from wru, good hard working team, but the way the knights played vs us in week 8, i surely thought they were gonna crush wru, if the kickoff time is a problem for you guys, i cant wait for our home game vs you guys ;).

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns 2 - Stolo 1 goal and 5 red cards...
Pretty much sums up the game. Field was in great shape, and to their credit Stolo played very well. 1-1 at half, and still 11 on 11. Second half we came out stong went up 2-1 and had a couple more chances to increase the lead...thats when the wheels fell off of this game. Started to get a lil chippy, not a big deal until they verbally threatened to kill us*1 red* started a fight *2nd red* told the ref to you know what *3rd red* more verbal abuse *4th red*... I think it was at this point the ref called the game. I'm not sure how long the second half of the game really was. I think the 5th red was after the game before the handshake...more verbal sh*t. But up until that point of the game it was a very close match. They definately outworked our team for the majority of the match. On the day they were the better team, we were lucky and scored more goals. But they lacked discipline. Not sure if they will be able to dress a team next week...
Onto my old team next week! Ryan, don't move the net when i have an open net this time!!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've always had good experiences playing against Stolo... but I've seen "the wheels come off" when watching them play prior to or after our games... remember the 2 years ago brawl against the GEU Rams?

at some point the league has to take a hard look at the benefit/payoff of having Stolo in the league... I know they're technically Chilliwack, but their field is practically Agassiz not Chilliwack, it's an additional what 15-20 minutes past the real Chilliwack?

I'm pretty sure that Colombia team this summer in the FVSL was tossed for constant discipline issues... so a precedent has been set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0