Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 D2 MOTW Week 14

Who is your MOTW?

• BC Utd. vs White Rock Utd.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Stolo Utd. vs. Surrey Coyotes FC

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • LUFC Young Guns vs. LUFC Dynamo

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Guildford FC Marga vs. NFS Inter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFS Knights vs. PAU Nomads

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what was the score in the Langley derby?

Young Guns 3- Dynamo 2

Dynamo came out strong, took an early lead....we battled back to tie it up off a set piece....Dynamo again took the lead, and once again we tied it up off a set piece... pretty good first half.. Second half we played a lot better. Dynamo came out of the break very flat.. maybe because of the freezing temp. not sure. We capitalized off a short rebound and took a 3-2 lead. Dynamo possessed for the rest of the match without really creating a quality chance. Ref wasn't the greatest, but at least he was terrible for both sides. Good derby, and a good fair result for us.

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
fair description of the langley derby. GWG was offside on the cross in the box however ref was terrible all over so cant expect much. Dynamo had a couple grade AAA chances to make it 3-1 in the first half but failed to convert. Close match should have been at least a tie.

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
GWG was offside on the cross in the box however ref was terrible all over so cant expect much.
I'm sorry... but it wasn't offside... For one, it was a rebound off a shot that your keeper bobbled. Two, he was the only player to run in and challenge after the shot. And finally not one player on your team argued or appealed for an offside call until you lost the match. and then started whinning...I guess we all have excuses when we lose. But don't blame a ref that was equally terrible for both sides.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry... but it wasn't offside... .

It only appeared offside because he was moving and we were all standing still watching. IMO it was not offside, but I had a bad angle same as the ref.

Good game, enjoyed watching / coaching it. Ref was a poor, shoul have handed out a couple of yellows in the 1st half to us, but more annoyingly wasted everybodies time on every whistle. Every whistle / throwin / free-kick seemed to require him slowing the play down... frustrating that neither team could rush a single play (even goal kicks lol...) oh well. It didn't really effect the outcome.

Anyhow good match, and we will certainly do our best to remain in the hunt for a top 4 spot, and hopefully we can nick points from a few teams to help get a LUFC team into the top 2.

Other than the cold, kind of liked the Friday night game, off to the rest of my weekend now for a change!

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
8-0 knights over nomads.

Injury woes continue. Whole team back after xmas break. One more week. It can't come fast enough

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk

i think its safe to say, this scoreline, officially puts an end to the "Hype" . feel bad for the keeper last night. hopefully they can turn it around and get a W next weekend.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we never called ourselves the hype. after a late night drunk rant by two of our guys franny labled us the hype we just fcuked around with the label afterwards...
aside from inter, id take my best lineup when healthy over every other team in this division, but we dont play games on paper. such as life.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well having played with JBN, Stallion, HA and others, the Nomads will be fine, these guys are as dedicated as anyone....

Now on to the real game....I thought that Dynamo really came out so strong and played a great first half, to be tied 2-2 was tough considering they generated no real great chances but killed us with two corner goals. A total defensive screw-up on goal #2 as we all anticipated a short ball and they played a long looper that Chuck scored on with a real nice header..nice that we had our shortest guy marking him. Funny, playing with Sir Charles, I've never seen such a clinical finish...ever. We had two AAAAAA chances that we deftly shot wide of the net, which would of been a big momentum switch but the old coulda, woulda, shoulda can be applied here.

Tough 3rd goal that our keeper would like back but credit to the striker for running in so hard on such an innocuous shot.

Ref was tragic, called everything from slew-footing to nose picking with no expression and in a state of dumbfoundment. I could see speech bubbles over his head saying ' I really don't know what is going on' .

Tough game to lose because we did play very well but kudos to the YG's for finishing their chances.

Hurricane09

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
we never called ourselves the hype. after a late night drunk rant by two of our guys franny labled us the hype we just fcuked around with the label afterwards...aside from inter, id take my best lineup when healthy over every other team in this division, but we dont play games on paper. such as life.
I'm confused by your logic... Assuming you had 11 players for your last 2 games, how do you lose 6 and 8 nothing then still think on paper your team is one of the best in div 2? Did you call up all your players from div 5 for the last two or what?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimmy_jones;347533[B said:
][/B]
Guildford FC Marga vs. NFS Inter- how many does mb10 get?
Marga 1-6 Inter
It's borderline embarrasing we conceded to these guys. The game was only 2-0 at half, 3-1 at one point. We played down to there level and was poor tonight but luckily for us i kept getting bounces my way, missed a pk for it only to fall right back to my feet for the rebound. The ref was awful tonight, i've never had this guy before but he told us we can't ask for a foul throw (they need to learn how to throw a ball in) yet they were asking for red cards and diving every chance they had and he said nothing to them? Also he shoulda called a pk right after we made it 3-0 then they go down the field and score. The worst part was that we only played a 37 min half, and a 38 min half...

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC United 0 - WRU 1

Icy pitch to start off with,strangely enough the pitch itself was soft but there was thin layer of ice right on top, controlling the ball was like being on an ice rink at times. Anyways, White Rock score a real fluky/lucky goal within 5 or 10 minutes, their winger crosses it and their forward does some sort of karate kick meant to bring down and control the ball, but ends up toe poking it and deflecting over our rushing out goalie(1st timer in net). :doubt:

After that it was all-she-wrote 7 behind the ball defense at all times for White Rock. They literally had 6-7 in front of our midfielders practically all game, and they didn't budge from their spots. Hats off to White Rock for just sticking with that strategy. They were totally content with just sitting back. We had the majority of the possession as well. And a couple really good chances, but just couldn't put one in.

Their goalie also had good game as well, just an amazing save from one of my shots. I shoot outside 18 it's going top right corner and I'm already celebrating, and then their keeper flies in like Lev Yashin or some sort of jungle cat and grabs it. :eek: Top notch save.

Anyways, unfortunately we were still missing some players, some still injured adding another one to list from this game. (Thanks C4L for helping out with Georgee) But still a good game.
4 games remaining, need 2-3 wins to avoid relegation. Still think Stolo and Marga will be the one's relegated. As both don't play each other anymore in the season.
And winner of Coyotes v. Young Guns next week, will determine who promotes with Inter.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm confused by your logic... Assuming you had 11 players for your last 2 games, how do you lose 6 and 8 nothing then still think on paper your team is one of the best in div 2? Did you call up all your players from div 5 for the last two or what?

No goalie, no centre mids, no strikers. 6 key guys injured. All starters, all very important parts of our team that make our team run. Don't worry about our logic, just worry about the results you will see from the Nomads when everyone returns after xmas.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah that pitch was Icey tonight n10!! You guys definitely controlled the game, I swear that rocket of yours had toP cOrner allOver it!! I hope George is okay, his ankle was like a baseball!! I have to admit I was hoping no one had to watch me carry him across the back field like Ryan gossling and the girl in notebook hhahah,

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not going to tar the guys that have showed up the last two weeks as poor players, but they are our subs/depth for the most part. only one or two would be normal starting XI guys... and they're both banged up.

excuses suck, so I'm going to leave it at that.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait a second, I was playing in the center mid...... We didn't play well enough to win with the 11 available. Easy as that. Will be nice to play on 2 legs eventually.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I came to watch the first half of the nomands/knights game, your masters goalie, played quite well too, made some nice breakaway saves. having no players sucks and we've all been on both ends of the wins and ass kickings. thats why you can't judge a team by standings or previous results, cause you never know who will show up come game day, you just hope your team does.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I came to watch the first half of the nomands/knights game, your masters goalie, played quite well too, made some nice breakaway saves. having no players sucks and we've all been on both ends of the wins and ass kickings. thats why you can't judge a team by standings or previous results, cause you never know who will show up come game day, you just hope your team does.

Good call, he made a ton of saves on breakaways, could have been even uglier if it wasn't for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0