Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Countdown on Excellent Site update

What time frame are we looking at?

• Sept 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • this week

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • next week

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • this month

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • next month

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • what's the excellent site?

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The countdown is on... will it be a matter of days or weeks before the Excellent Site is properly updated? By Updated, I am speaking of the simple task of following the previous years' structure with divisional standings and results, not just a huge page with the weekend scores from all divisions.

My money is on 3 weeks :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You Web Site Geeks are so HARD on other Sites

Give them a break Regs, it is not like we pay huge dollars in registration every year, and that we could us some of that money to have the site done properly.
We need all the money to go toward the great refing we get every weekend.

HOS

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What doesn't make sense to me is why the VMSL can't strike a deal with the company that designed the MWSL site and use it as a template. It sure looks a lot better than the crap that's up right now.

On a positive note, I must applaud last years effort to have all the results posted by Monday mornings. Excellent job.

:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
3 weeks = 21 days.

Today is the 9th.

21 + 9 = 30.

There are

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

in September.

Thus, 3 weeks = This Month :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL Website

Willi Azzi's emailed results indicate today that there is a "glitch" causing the delay in results on the website. Whatever that means. It is not the most exciting site for sure, but last year they did a good job updating the scores for each day's games. It was pretty timely.

What I found more of a piss off this year was trying to sign a player for the weekend on Friday after getting ALL of the rest my signings in on time as did the Premier team. This was for a guy out of town who has been with the team a long time and didn't need a card made up or anything complicated. They simply needed to punch his card and check to see if he was suspended. Pretty simple process, takes a second. Meanwhile they were signing whole teams on Friday before Saturday games. Shouldn't there be some consideration for teams that do it right? The amount of time they spent telling us why they couldn't do it this year exceeded the time it would have taken to do it by a very wide margin. By the way, as this was a long time player with the team, I could have solved the problem earlier if I simply signed the form for him as he fully intended to return. Not that that has ever been done before by others.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give them a break Regs, it is not like we pay huge dollars in registration every year, and that we could us some of that money to have the site done properly.
HOS,

With all due respect, your argument doesn't wash. And here's why: as a self confessed web geek for a certain well known Vancouver club, I am paid nothing to maintain their site, yet it looks -- and I don't think I'm tooting my own horn too much -- half decent. Likewise, I imagine the Croatia SC site is also handled by a volunteer and amazingly (!) looks simple and tasteful. There are many other examples.

I offered Azzi my (free) services to put together a new simple, but better looking site for the VMSL. My offer was flatly refused and told that it's fine the way it is. Face the facts: the Excellent Site will never change so long as Azzi is president and "grass.jpg" continues to exist.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzi as Wanker of the Month

Originally posted by Keeper
HOS,

I offered Azzi my (free) services to put together a new simple, but better looking site for the VMSL. My offer was flatly refused and told that it's fine the way it is. Face the facts: the Excellent Site will never change so long as Azzi is president and "grass.jpg" continues to exist.

Why is the exelllent site not updated? " Well we will not take any help from outside parties, especialy if it is that A-hole Regs, that thinks his threads are better than the VMSL Page, or that Jack-ass Keeper, that thinks he could do a better job on the site than I do."

How else can we be better than the VIMSL and that Damn Gorge team.

HOS:wa:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deutschland uber alles......

Christ, and there was me thinking HOS was taking the piss in his original post about the excellent site..... I must learn to take things more literally, it's clearly the way forward. :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to the VMSL Webteam for getting the site updated.

It appears that they are also doing some "forward" thinking finally by putting the web address on the standings pages for when people print them out...

A little bit at a time...

~Regs.

L

Lax13

Defending the site.. well sort of...

Just thought id give my 2 cents on the VMSL website being it that I was the one who created the site in the first place. I would first like to say that yes it WAS me who created the VMSL website, however, over time i slowly lost control of it and i am not only really doin administraitive things involving the site. There are two other people with less experience updating it now. I also manage the metro-ford soccer club website http://www.metrofordsoccer.com (which i have almost total control over, with a few exceptions). I think i do a fairly good job on that site considering I go to school at UBC, work full time, and play Div 2 soccer. :D

I do agree that the VMSL site is looking a little old, and a tad un-organized... maybe a little "incentive" could get me to revamp the website... although its very hard when multiple people are responsible for updating... or am i all sixes and sevens??

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could it be worth Two ?

Gibby's free kick was one of the best I have every seen;but was it so good that the excellent site has awarded him two goals against Surrey?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smiles

It is the best you have ever seen because it was moving so fcuking slow you could read the umbro patches on it!!!:eek:

You must still be bitter about the mess up on our G.A.

For the record, Surrey United has 8 goals for and 1 against... (there you go settled);)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more week

Just wondering if/when the Weekly Reports section will get updated....

I figured they were just waiting for Ford to win a game...I took them against ACM, but I guess we will have to wait until next week.

besides, I scored on the weekend

SuperPippo

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts