Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

contraversy

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rules state in a shoot out that the shooters have to be on the
field at the final whistle one of the penalty takers for germany against india wasnt on the field ,he was on the sidelines at the final whistle?.
:confused: did anyone else catch this!
Conner Macleod from the clan Macleod.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
highlander

what player?

Name,Number, do you have any other info on that?

Even if that was true are they going to go and replay all the matches, I highly doubt it.

Cheers
JB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh???

Highlander,

What the hell are you talking about? The 4 Germans who took the PKs were playing at the end of OT. Besides, everybody at the park was on the field after that game.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daft Polacks!!!

Thank god for the Americans!!! Going over (when they did) and saving us all from the evolution of Krautism!!! :rolleyes:

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares who was on the field

I have played in many games that have gone into PK's .
You know as well as me weave's that only the players on the field at the end of the game can take a pk.
Does it really matter no all pk's were clinacal but that is FIFA rules.
I think you have been riding those horses to much.
J_B It was the Zoo Man .He was subbed after Marcus got his Red

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know as well as me weave's that only the players on the field at the end of the game can take a pk

A player can take a penalty if he/she is on the park during the extra-time. They don't have to be on the park at the end of regulation. I think that is what my Guatemalan certificate says anyway.....

As for zeeGermans and WWII, Neville's appeasement policy had nothing to do with the developments.....:rolleyes: I guess Daladier had some input too....Damn French...

CaptainwhoisjumpingbacktoHistory12whichhappenedtobeoneofthefewcoursesIlistenedinperiodically

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chamberlain should never have let Hitler take a penalty in the 1939 final.

Wooss.

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
end of regulation/end of o.t.

The player in question was not on the park at the end of the o.t.
It was my observation that is why I asked if anybody else caught
it.
:confused: :D :cool:
Highlanderneverwantstobearef

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The player in question was not on the park at the end of the o.t.

If that is the case, the fcuking Germans cheated and should have the trophy taken away. They cheated the Polish, the Czechs, Brits(not that that is a bad thing), and the French and now they have scammed the best local amateur tournament in the province. I guess they will give the trophy back and hang their heads in shame. I know if Ireland 'cheated' like that and didn't realise it until it was brought to our attention after the fact, we would give it back.........

:eek:

Just raising a valid point

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hightimes

Hightimes,

All shooters, even the ones you had at the game, were on the field at the end of O.T. I know TTP has been slow but I think in your state you could have come up with something better then this. File this one in the fiction category down at the library.

If you want to start a controversy try something you might be familiar with. For example, does Darkside of the Moon really go with the Wizard of OZ. To me your opinion on a subject like this would really mean something.

End of Controversy,

Smiles

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smiles,

Your last post was moot because you have no proof that your players were on the field legitimately. Therefore, I believe Germany should give the trophy back.....:eek:

A Curious Captain

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moot Nations Cup

Cap,

According to your logic the whole tournament is moot because no one can prove anybody was there. I don’t remember sign in sheets, player cards, boot check. I do remember seeing our four shooters on the field at the end of O.T. Apparently not good enough though. Here's a new one maybe are fifth shooter was going to be Nuke, you know the one who got the red. That’s some real controversy. Good thing we only went four. Cap, I do agree I think everyone who has won a Nations cup should return it unless they can prove they were there. I will put things in motion. You round up Irelands cups, should not be that hard only a couple floating around. I will get a panel together to judge material that past winners submit to try and reclaim their cup. Should the proof have to be post marked. Let me know what you think.

On the case,

Smiles

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smiles,

My toungue was firmly planted in my cheek when I made my last few posts. Congratulations on the win. I didn't see the final because the beer garden was in the way, so I can't say anything about the final. Except, Germany cheated in the game. :p

Captain

I will put things in motion. You round up Irelands cups, should not be that hard only a couple floating around

I could be wrong here but Germany has 2 cups which happens to be the same as Ireland's total. On top of that, the 1999 champions, Ireland, WAS the best team EVER assembled at the Nations Cup. Take that to the bank.

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 times, 2 in a row

Cap,

Germany has won the tournament 4 times. I understand how this can be confusing. I see how the number 2 keeps coming up. We have won it 2 years in a row. Also we have won it twice as many times as Ireland. I will start to research the 1999 Ireland team for you though. Right now things are not looking good, the panel and I are having problems finding any information if anybody from Ireland was even on the field in 1999. Therefore your last post would be moot because you have no proof that your players were on the field legitimately in 1999.

Roundandroundwego,

Smiles

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany has won the tournament 4 times. I understand how this can be confusing. I see how the number 2 keeps coming up. We have won it 2 years in a row. Also we have won it twice as many times as Ireland

Bastard. I have no response. :p

BTW, how German are you, Smiles? I'm guessing about as German as I am? When did Germany win it back to back before the last two years? It must have been quite some time ago....

CaptainwhocoachedthebestNationsCupteameverin1999

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Facts

Cap,

1.Ireland was solid in 1999. I should know, you beat us on your way to the title. No dispute.

2. All shooters in all on our shootouts were on the field in O.T. along with the GK ; if that becomes an issue later I thought I should deal with it now.

3. Smiles German Status. Mom born in Germany then moved to the U.S. when she was in her thirties. My mom’s side of my family all still live over there. I have been their 5 times played over there a little; nothing to note. I speak a little as well. My dad is Croatian. I am 50/50. I think I qualify for the cup. I would say over 80% of the German team is totally legit as well.

Cheers,

Smiles

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say over 80% of the German team is totally legit as well.

Is your nose growing as you type? :confused:

As for your other points, thanks for the family background. I certainly feel better about everything now. ;)

Putting this to rest, congratulations to Germany for repeating.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0