Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coach and Son on same Soccer team !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always have a laugh about the title of the thread..."Coach and Son on same Soccer team !!!!!!!"

It's like, OMG! Surely you jest? Coach and Son on same team? Bastards!

:D

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The so called big clubs like Surrey Utd don,t have a shortage of coach,s yet even they have father /son conflicts . They might not admit it but speak to the disappointed parents whose kids have not been selected for their appropriate level while bronze/silver level players are playing way above their level on Metro and Gold rosters.

Coached Surrey-Guildford United (Metro - Tier1 then) last year, my kid (final cut for BC team - for whatever it's worth) in the team, started/played a lot.

Took the year off this year = my kid "dropped" to BCSPL (Tier 1 now), has been playing 100% with new coach.

People will say stuff no matter what.

Whatever....

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol, how about daughter and coach? Honestly I think the daughter thing has a different dynamic Amazing stats for
dads coaching daughters. I was reading that girls who are coached by thier dad any any point in their lives are 60%
less likely to be raped/molested etc. Great stat no matter how you
rationalize it.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tulio - sorry, can you explain how your son "dropped" a level to BCSPL when he did NOT make the BC Team?

I hope your son enjoys the experience in BCSPL and I look forward to hearing your remarks on the league.

M

Mal

Ballbaby come to Burnaby and help out. Few teams need you cutting to make sure that kids get treated with respect. Some kids play three minutes in gold just to say with their dad at that level. In my opinion dad is distroying his own child. There is no reason for that.
Kids grow at diferant times. That is mostley the reason kids get cut. They are small to play in select or gold level. Coaches can not use them or they endup playing one man less

Spot on Mr Base -it is like playing one player less !

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tulio - sorry, can you explain how your son "dropped" a level to BCSPL when he did NOT make the BC Team?I hope your son enjoys the experience in BCSPL and I look forward to hearing your remarks on the league.
Didn't mean to imply he dropped from BC team, sorry for confusion.English not my first language you know and sarcasm doesn't translate well.Was just TTPing with the implied criticism in the post that (Surrey's) coaches keep their kids playing artificially up from the level they should play. What I meant to say is, if that was the case after I got out of the picture he should have dropped to his real level. Mention to BC team was just to point that maybe coach/dad was been somewhat objective in his roster decisions.Actually so far he's been playing MORE than I would allow him, because I'd sometimes reduce his playing time just because of the dad thing. I know many parent coaches who do the same.Of course there are some cases out there of kids getting a free ride because of the dad but generalizations are shite.BTW, I'd bet we also know cases of the DAD getting a free ride and coaching above his level because his kid is a great player. I doubt that's the norm though.

A

AMA

Spot on Mal! Some clubs get in a tough spot though as they put all their eggs on this coach taking on the Tier 1 team and then to find out that his son is a Tier 3 kid. Sure the club would be thrilled to have him coach a Tier 3 team, but then "who coaches the Tier 1 team?" and when the dad says "I am coaching where my kid is playing" the coach is likely told "just put your kid on the tier 1 team".....

It's a very unfortunate reality of pay-to-play and North American sports overall. Volunteers are needed even at the Tier 1 level.

Let me be clear - the dad volunteering to coach that happens to be good enough for tier 1 but his kid is a tier 3 player should be honest and up front and say "I am coaching where my kid is or not at all." Parent-coaches rarely a good idea - look at the resentment toward Bradley and Bradley in USA!
Theres many examples like coach Bradley and his son but many so called coach,s don,t realize this and let their kids suffer.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was reading that girls who are coached by thier dad any any point in their lives are 60%
less likely to be raped/molested etc. Great stat no matter how you
rationalize it.
Just saw this...WTF? Please explain this as I too dont get this? Is it because they keep playing soccer longer and may stay out of dangerous situations??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does somebody come up with such a stat? Think about the sample size you need just to have a reliable stat. That would be a very sad process in tabulating all the information.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the stat on grown men wasting 30 seconds of their lives reading a stat that doesn't make any sense becoming terribly convinced that Canuckboy is making sh!t up?

A

AMA

Spot on Mal! Some clubs get in a tough spot though as they put all their eggs on this coach taking on the Tier 1 team and then to find out that his son is a Tier 3 kid. Sure the club would be thrilled to have him coach a Tier 3 team, but then "who coaches the Tier 1 team?" and when the dad says "I am coaching where my kid is playing" the coach is likely told "just put your kid on the tier 1 team".....

It's a very unfortunate reality of pay-to-play and North American sports overall. Volunteers are needed even at the Tier 1 level.

Let me be clear - the dad volunteering to coach that happens to be good enough for tier 1 but his kid is a tier 3 player should be honest and up front and say "I am coaching where my kid is or not at all." Parent-coaches rarely a good idea

Where the sons a talented soccer player there,s not many problems but it becomes a major problem when the son is basically a low level player but is playing up in Gold /Silver or even Metro !!!
At Metro level no player should get a free ride into the team cus dad is coach or assistant coach etc.
There was a u13 metro game recently @ Newton Athletic Park between our own team CCB Pegasus v SU/Guildford . It was shocking to see that some of the players on the SU/Guildford team were clearly struggling at this level and the SU parents seemed to be really peed off .
It turns out that these were the" lil johhnies "[lil johhnies only on the team cus dad is coach] of the 2 coach,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0