Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CMNT: Canada vs Ecuador - Friendly 20110601

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally, the big game day is here :)

KO @ 4PM Pacific on Sportsnet apparently.

Prediction: 1-1

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hilarious. Dunfield with a cracker to open the scoring. That guy plays on the Caps?

I actually thought outside of the goal he played very well in the middle. He looked good playing the small ball in there with DeRO and Atiba. Maybe the Caps lack of overall talent doesn't suit his game as he has looked terrible with the Caps.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about "lack of talent" so much as "misused talent."

Dunfield looked pretty average on a side that otherwise couldn't finish it's breakfast. Coach Hart will have been tearing out what was left of his hair after that "performance" by a clueless bunch of defenders. How do these guys make it to this level by marking like that? At least we appear to have a decent young keeper.

Craig Forrest needs to get out of Toronto more often. His bitterness about the team having to play "away games in their own country" was very misdirected at the fans instead of at the CSA, who are STILL bending over backwards to ensure that fans of visiting teams are plentiful so that the games have "colour" instead of making it difficult to come here and have to struggle against a tough 12th man the way it's done in other parts of the world. Make 'em play in St. John's or Edmonton in November, and hide all the visiting team's poncy gloves! The fans (or lack thereof) who don't show up in Toronto are not to blame...

Must admit, I did enjoy the way the tying goal was scored off the hurry-up free kick right at the end. Just a little bit of poetic justice for a change.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
How did Will Johnson miss the net THAT badly in the first half?

Jackson and Simpson looked great from what I saw in the first half.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ironic that all the time wasting by Ecauador in the last ten minutes due to "injuries" actually ended up giving Canada more time to even the score!!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps: not sure if you remember our token Ecuadorean Pablo who moved to TO after the first summer you played with us...:D

Regs: agreed re Simpson - Canada's most effective player in the first half.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps: not sure if you remember our token Ecuadorean Pablo who moved to TO after the first summer you played with us...:D Regs: agreed re Simpson - Canada's most effective player in the first half.

I wonder if him moving had anything to do with me!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happens in a team dynamic when you have one token Ecuadorean, then add a token Brown Guy? I know with the Lords it would just mean butter chicken and guacamole get added to the menue, but not sure how other teams handle these types of situations.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other teams handle it by getting rid of one of the token guys. Us token guys go play with these teams so we can have special attention. Two token guys takes away from that attention, and thus, we feel less special. There is usally tension between the two token guys as well. A very complex situation indeed. Keep in mind, adding food into the mix complicates things even further.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps: you're still special. Your mom said so.

Dude: no guacamole in Ecuador, just lots and lots of potatoes. Actually works very well with the samosas.

No, the only reason that it didn't work was that Gurps is one of those oddballs who doesn't drink beer, and we couldn't afford his hard liquor tastes. Right now, I'm the token (old guy, that is). Although, with WestCoast in Kamloops, the whole team would be tokin'... But I digress.

More food and more beverages, please!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the word on the line-up for today's match? Does Dunfield get in to work alongside De Guzman? If he does, will he be the token WK (White Kid) in the line-up?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New thread coming up for the Gold Cup, hang tight.

Note to self: find a way to allow other TTPers to start new threads.

:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0