Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champion's League Final

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's Champion's League Final is a perfect example of why Italian teams should be banned from playing soccer on TV. Other than a few moments in the first half, the rest of the game was crap!

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't agrree more. Too bad really as there was a lot of good talent on the field. Hopefully one day we will get to see it on display.

Parkhead

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I really care, but . . .

Dida's a fcuking cheat. Just like that American female keeper in '01, every save he made was when he was 3 yards off his line before the ball was ever kicked.

shite like that pisses me off. Refs need some balls to finally call back those pk's. :mad:

See for yourself.

And pink-shirted keepers don't deserve to win anyways.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's Champion's League Final is a perfect example of why Italian teams should be banned from playing soccer on TV.

I take issue with this comment. I agree the game was not a good specticle of offensive soccer. But, the previous games between Juvea and Real were. I found those game much more intertaining.

there was a lot of good talent on the field.

And off the field as well....rivaldo.

Dida's a fcuking cheat

He is a cheat.
Captain, are your saying Dida is a cheat and he is German?
I thought he was Bazilian.

I have to say even the PK were poor in this day.
I could have saved some of those.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie, I would suggest the only reason the Real-Juve matchups were at all entertaining is because of the attacking style Real Madrid employ. If anyone thought that Italian football was becoming more attractive their theory now has a hole in it. Actually two. As in zero-zero.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys dont be jealous that an Italian team is the Champions of Europe as we all know championships are won with defence.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't hate boys.

This was a one time final game. Everybody knows the Italians like to play defensive. But I think it's obvious that these teams weren't playing to win, they were playing "not to lose."

I didn't see much space for players with the ball once they were in the attacking 3rd. Know one wanted to commit the extra player forward on a rush, just incase they would lose it and get screwed on the transition.

I call it smart and tactical soccer. Be patient and wait for the other team to make a mistake. And as you can all see, it won A.C. Milan the Championship.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, LION, it was fcuking boring. It is not the way to try and sell the game to North America. Sometimes I think I understand where Jim Rome is coming from. At least when Italian teams are playing.....:)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree in the sence of selling the game and watching an exciting game. It was not very exciting at all. VERY TIGHT!
But you have to agree in a soccer sence and strategic game that it works and it wins them games.
Hate on them for taking the excitement out. But you can't hate for the effectiveness of it.

AGREE?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I call it pure luck that two I-tie teams ended up in the final. Italian soccer had been nowhere near the final in the past 4 years. "Strategy"? Please...

Argue with me, Go ahead, I dare you.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your head otta your ass CDK

Luck CDK???? Were Juve lucky to beat both Barca and Real???

Milan was the best team in the whole tournament, in no way am I saying that I support those teams but buddy its time to face the facts Italian football is once again the best.

I think Tudor broke his finger nail and thats why he came out, Simic was shinning Maldinis boots all season.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Get your head otta your ass CDK

Originally posted by zenga
Simic was shinning Maldinis boots all season.

Ouch that must have hurt. Maybe not, I heard he was wearing shin guards that Maldini was busy shining !!:rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Get your head otta your ass CDK

Originally posted by zenga
Milan was the best team in the whole tournament, in no way am I saying that I support those teams but buddy its time to face the facts Italian football is once again the best.

Thirteen different nationalities represented between Juve and Milan in the CL final....what's so decidely Italian about that brand of football? It's fine if you're an Juve or Milan supporter...the CL final was a defining moment that your club is the best is Europe. But don't define it as a champion moment for Italian football.

That's the exact reason why the sorry excuse for an Italian National program has been sent home early in the last two World Cups, my friend. The same old rehashed internationals (Del Piero, Inzaghi, Maldini, Tacchinardi, Costacurta and Nesta to name a few) stick around, but all the surrounding spots are filled with high-priced foreigners which keeps any of the young, potential Azzuri Internationals from earning regular spots on the supposed top flight "Italian" teams.

Thus, the young Italian players are forced to go to god-awful places like Middlesbrough to get any permanent first-team action.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0