Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"A disciplinary case has been opened against Real Madrid CF for the improper conduct of coach Jose Mourinho and players Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas and Jerzy Dudek during the UEFA Champions League Group G match against AFC Ajax in Amsterdam on Tuesday," confirmed a UEFA statement.
Keeper and captain Casillas was involved as he allowed Ramos to take a goalkick, which the Spain international delayed doing so until he was booked -- and then he shook the hand of the referee.
Substitute keeper Dudek had earlier appeared to relay a message from Mourinho on the bench to Casillas, then Alonso was booked for delaying a free-kick.

How can Casillas be disciplined for letting Ramos take the goal kick? Or the back up keeper; this is getting ridiculous.

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now they punish strategy becuz it is unpopular, were are the fines for not leaving your half defensively when playing these teams. If anything brings the games into disrepute it is to play negatively out of fear.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree with geezer, I don't see why anyone cares?

Seriously, I know this TTP but come on ......... do most of you not see that this is a problem at the highest level of the game ?? Are you okay with coaches / players circumventing the laws of the game for their own benefit ?? The credibility of football goes out the window by these actions .......

I'm a massive Mourinho fan and I understand why he did what he did but it doesn't make it right to do so.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, I know this TTP but come on ......... do most of you not see that this is a problem at the highest level of the game ?? Are you okay with coaches / players circumventing the laws of the game for their own benefit?? The credibility of football goes out the window by these actions .......

I'm a massive Mourinho fan and I understand why he did what he did but it doesn't make it right to do so.

I know this is TTP but do you seriously believe professional sport, with all the many billions of dollars involved, still has any credibility? Crooked FIFA officials, match-fixing, goal-line polemics, and debt collapsing under the burden of debt...shall I go on?

The state of the professional game is that it is rife with corruption, dominated in each country by an oligopoly of clubs flush with "cash", and full of toddler-like whiners like Cristiano Ronaldo. Despite his skill he comes off as a diving crybaby who simulates more than a 1-900 line employee.

Don't confuse the sate of the game at the amateur level with the state of the game at the professional level Walks.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't confuse the sate of the game at the amateur level with the state of the game at the professional level Walks.

Oh believe me Berg, I have no problems differentiating between amateur and professional levels. Maybe match-fixing & corruption is rife in Italy and Spain but I have a hard time believing that type of behaviour would be tolerated in countries like England, Germany, Holland, etc., etc.

In fact, we're not talking about any of that, we're talking about a single incident that has nothing to do with "Crooked FIFA officials, match-fixing, goal-line polemics, and debt collapsing under the burden of debt". That mate is another topic for another day ...

I just have a problem with what transpired and apparently, UEFA does as well. I honestly can't believe that you can sit back and just shrug your shoulders at what went on. Seriously, does this seem cool to you ??

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is like a tax loophole... is it wrong for people to avoid paying taxes when they have figured out a legal way around paying them?

i think it is brilliant work by a brilliant manager... playing within the rules he is governed by.

for the first time ever, i think i disagree with walks.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for the first time ever, i think i disagree with walks.

Well it was bound to happen one of these days ;)

I don't know ........ It's fair enough Mourinho playing within the rules that he's governed by but something just sits badly with me about it. It's probably Alonso ...... being ex-Liverpool and all ;)

I think at the end of the day, all it does is tarnish the game a bit more. With play acting & simulation such a big part of the game nowadays, the game is criticized enough ....... add this incident, white boots and gloves to the mix and it's all starting to bore the piss out of me.

~Old School forever

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a little like the Avery standing infront of Brodeur, it wasn't illegal at the time so you can't punish him for it but you can change the rules. Problem is if you change the rule it will be up to interpetation if you got a deliberat yellow or if it's accidental.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh believe me Berg, I have no problems differentiating between amateur and professional levels. Maybe match-fixing & corruption is rife in Italy and Spain but I have a hard time believing that type of behaviour would be tolerated in countries like England, Germany, Holland, etc., etc.

In fact, we're not talking about any of that, we're talking about a single incident that has nothing to do with "Crooked FIFA officials, match-fixing, goal-line polemics, and debt collapsing under the burden of debt". That mate is another topic for another day ...

I just have a problem with what transpired and apparently, UEFA does as well. I honestly can't believe that you can sit back and just shrug your shoulders at what went on. Seriously, does this seem cool to you ??

FYI Germany had a match fixing scandal exposed as recently as 2005...But like sixfyv said it's not against the rules anymore than simulation is and we all know how often that goes unpunished. If you want to polish the tarnish out then crack down on simulation...:rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccernet.com said:
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has been banned for one European match by UEFA after he conspired to get two of his own players sent off in their recent Champions League clash against Ajax.

Mourinho had an additional one-match ban suspended for three years - effectively imposing a probation period on the Portuguese - and was also fined €40,000 after being found guilty of improper conduct.

Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos, who purposefully picked up a second yellow card for time wasting in order to go into the knockout phase of the Champions League with a clean disciplinary slate, have both been fined €20,000.

Mourinho will consequently only miss Real's dead rubber against Group G rivals Auxerre, providing he does not breach UEFA rules within "a probationary period of three years''.

Goalkeeper Iker Casillas, who allowed Alonso and Ramos to take the delayed goalkicks for which they picked up a second booking, was fined €10,000 and back-up 'keeper Jerzy Dudek, who relayed Mourinho's instructions to the players, was fined €5,000.

The one-match bans automatically handed to Alonso and Ramos for their dismissals will stand. The duo will also miss the final Champions League group game against Auxerre and will go into the next stage of the competition caution free, as Mourinho intended.

UEFA also fined Real Madrid €120,000. The club, players and coach have three days to appeal the decision.

Personally, I would've fined the cnuts €1,000,000 and sent back Ronaldo to United but that's just me ;)

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mourinho should 'conspire' to take the second match of the suspension to keep it from hanging over his head ;)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I mean ever, ever. Like a howler so bad that everyone present can remember it easily. Like this poor fellow @ Twente...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0