Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CBC announces FIFA U21 World Cup broadcast schedule

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CBC unveiled its broadcast schedule for the 2007 FIFA Under-20 World Cup on Thursday, with all of the tournament's 52 games being televised on the main network and CBC Country Canada.

In addition, all 52 games will be available online live and on-demand on CBC.ca.

Read the full article here

Good stuff, very interested to see what the coverage is like.

The other nugget to come out of it though is National Soccer Day in Canada on July 8th. Anyone ever hear anything about this?

Also, this Saturday's Scotland vs Canada game at Swangard is to be televised starting at 1PM - is anyone here going to the game?

Please discuss these topics here with Zaurrini :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going on Saturday, should be an entertaining game. Don't know much about either team, but have heard that the Scotland team is one of the top Under-20 teams out out of Europe.

Not sure how many tickets have been sold.

What time are the European qualifing games on Saturday morning, would be nice to see one of those before the 1 pm kick-off.

hos

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was going to go with Killer on Saturday but bailed due to work.

Should be a good game and yes, biased mind you, the Scotland side is actually a good team.
They should be.
The Lion's share of them are in the Rangers youth sytem.

:knvb:

Great news about the TV coverage.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canadian Lads were training at our pitch here at EA yesturday.

They trained for about 45 min here.

Edgar is a monster.

Good to see the local boys in the team too.

Four former Columbus players Alex Elliot, Mike D'Agostino, Masumi Turnball and Keegan Ayre are all with the squad.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Going on Saturday, should be an entertaining game. Don't know much about either team, but have heard that the Scotland team is one of the top Under-20 teams out out of Europe.

Not sure how many tickets have been sold.

What time are the European qualifing games on Saturday morning, would be nice to see one of those before the 1 pm kick-off.

hos

HOS, watch McGlinchey........great striker......and a full-back with a hyphonated name.....can't think of it of the top of my head but he's on Norwich's books.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Was going to go with Killer on Saturday but bailed due to work.

Should be a good game and yes, biased mind you, the Scotland side is actually a good team.
They should be.
The Lion's share of them are in the Rangers youth sytem.

:knvb:

Great news about the TV coverage.

RF,

Only 4 are.......but don't let facts get in the way. :D

If it is Saturday, I might just go too........What time again? RF, would you like a partner to go with, albeit a Tim? :)

bdogg

Feb 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
RF,

Only 4 are.......but don't let facts get in the way. :D

If it is Saturday, I might just go too........What time again? RF, would you like a partner to go with, albeit a Tim? :)

1:00 PM kick-off. should be a good one

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bought 6 tickets through the VMSL promotion. I found it weird that the Burnaby 'package' through Ticketmaster for Silver level is $99.50 and the Victoria Silver package is $162 or there abouts. That's a huge difference % wise...and more expensive in the smaller market? Their package is identical as well (6 Group games and 1 Quarter Final game).

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
nyone here going to the game?

Please discuss these topics here with Zaurrini :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

I dont get it....

Is Walks reffing? I'll geegers at him from the stands.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The CSA announced that they have new sponsors (Hyundai, Yahoo Canada), a new coach (not yet announced), new unis and a new CSA logo.

Has anyone seen the new logo? I went to the CSA site but nothing. Hopefully, its an improvement on the last one...

sponsorCanadasoccer.jpg

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this will be sad for all that have tickets and want to go and watch a good game on Saturday. Swangard is not draining very well with all this rain this week and over the last 24 hours. The refs are flying in from T.O. today, they will be inspecting the field later today and making a call on weather the game will go or not. From the foercast that has been given over the next 24 hours I don't think it will be played.

hos sad

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look at that, just got the phone call, from my City of Burnaby conection, it is a no go, the game has been cancelled.

Well, anyone know where a guy can go and watch the Scotland European qualifier game in the morning or any game.

hos

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
that is where we are sending our TV crew -- for you Westside and Fireman lurkers, apparently there is a new turf surface

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How are they going to fit 5000 fans into Town Centre??? Last I heard, there were only 900 tickets left. Any update for ticketholders on their options??? colemanj, do you need me to be the 'key grip' for the shoot?

JAGS

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just confirmed, our exhibition game (Coq. Ajax) against U-21 Coq. Titans got cancelled because of the Scotland-Canada game moving to Town Centre. If it keeps raining I'm not sure that even this game will go on as the turf does not drain well, there was a game cancelled last week because of standing water

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0