Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Linden- 2014/2015 changes [Off season]

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL changing core will only result in a negative way, one or two guys yes but not four five. I think if the club moves Burrows they would get young agressive wing. Same for Kesler plus a round two prospect. Twins need that tough winger with them. Kassian, BO and a good winger for line two. Line three is totaly ok. Sutter would fit well with Bo and Kassian. Higgens to be as a plug where it s needed. Fourth line is where we could do very well. Cassels, Sestito and Shinkaruk would give other clubs fits. D god man we are chicken shyt. One or two tough guys must be added.
Edler could bring one. Weber is good but not for western style of play. Pitsburg or Montreal type of a guy. Peter Anderson in the Utica Club is as good as any one of our D. Has size does not run around and takes care of loose pucks and a guy around the net. Team needs a guy like Shawn Matthias to help the twins with more of a goal tatch.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, not playing ticky tack but...

It just came out that Torts' treatment of Burrows was essentially the final nail in his coffin along with his unwillingness to speak with Travis Green (Utica's Head Coach) So why do you think the Canucks are going to trade Burrows?

Kesler will fetch a lot more than a young aggressive wing and a round two prospect (whatever the fcuk that means!?) The Pens deal fell apart when Gillis wouldn't move off of Pouliot being a must have for the deal and at the time Letang had just had a stroke. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Twins don't necessarily need a tough winger with them, they need someone who can do the functional things they were asked to do that made them irrelevant this year (Blocking shots, fiercely back-checking, eating pucks on the boards in their own zone instead of "glass and out" or actually trying to break a puck out of the zone, etc) Twins needed a new coach that would play Kassian with the Twins and give him Patience and Time.

Quick hits:
1. You're high if you think Horvat is our second line centre here next year (If he is I'm fine with it if he actually plays 2nd line C all year and has tons of ice time on PP also- just expect to be drafting a nice high lottery pick again)
2. Higgins should be competing for the final top 6 forward spot with Hansen & Jensen.
3. Shinkaruk is a waste of time in the NHL as a fourth line player and Mr. Base - no team has a 4th line that gives anyone fits, especially a line with Tostitio on it.
4. If Shawn Matthias gets ice time with Twins my eyes might bleed as bad as they do when I read your ill-informed posts.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See Johnny guys on Comercial drive know more about Canucks than the guys on Granville or Point Grey area. Papa Lui comes to Comercial drive for coffee. Gillis lost his job for two things. One was for not getting a big wing for twins. Second for letting Tort's drive the ship. As a GM your fricken job is to get the players. If you think third line player like Higgens is your top six you will not make the play off's for next three years. After that Higgins will be gone. Jensen is a kid with size but rabbit hart. Hansen is fast but for most will score ten fifteen goals a year. Club needs seven guys to score twenty five goals each to reach the playoff's. Club has seven guys thirty three years of age or older. Steady getting older. Now is the time to trade Burrows and Kesler and Edler. Guy like Sutter would fit well with Canucks. Kesler will get no more than a guy like Sutter and a second round pick. Draft is not that far away we will see what we get for him.
Shawn Matthias is allot better than you think. You will see in the fall. He is not scared to drop the gloves. A total team player. Edler will be moved in return for a stay at home big D to protect the keeper. Travis Green has to guys as good as Corrado or better in Utica. I think we will see Peter Anderson on the team in the fall. Linden will like that kid.
New GM will be in place in next three weeks or sooner. Coach is a ? Two teachers vs coach will never win the battle as long as papa Luie is around. Perlini and McInnis are absolute need in next draft. Just think Cassels Perlini, McInnis as one line. We can only get better.Again you are talking about bleeding eyes. No more soft players. Tough mean and most of a dirty. Drop a drop and and wash your eyes. Shinkaruk will be there, as a fourth line player with intention to move up if he can. Lindens mam likes Baddock he just might be given a contract.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was watching Oilkings play ,one must say there is few good guys on that team that would fit Canucks well also the other game Guelf Storm vs VDor.
Zack Mitchell is with out joking better than one or two guys we have on Canucks roster. Ashten Sautner the same. Louick Marcotte would work well with twins as a left wing, has more point this year than the twins have. He can also play on the right side. These three guys plus Brandon Boddock need not go to Utica for development, all four could easy step in and help next year.
I can't wait to see if Linden steps up and gets one of these guy as Winnipeg, Phily and Detroit is getting very close to adding those guys to their club.
More maple leaf and we will make the playoff's

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benning as a new GM. Positive move for Linden. It remains to bee seen if Doug Houda comes this way. Kids from Utica will get a chance with Benning. Guy like Gernier should be with the big club. I am not sure if Benning will take Tratz as a new coach. Houda might be the guy. In my opinion Tratz is a proven coach, should be here.
Watch Benning add big kids come draft day. We might see Perlini as number one pick by Benning. Fight will be part of next season. No more pushing around and cheep shots. Benning will address that problem soon.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
New coach will be added with in next ten days. GM we have but I truly hope no old Thorts from Boston. God we will get even older. I do think Benning will add Nick Ritchie to the big club if he does not get picked before.
I hear Regs will get a job from Linden. As our club is getting old players need a guy upbeat just to show them how to play soccer to stay fit.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs hasn't played soccer in almost 3 years, his wife has "Trev" on her bucket list, and being upbeat is not one of his fcuking finer traits... no fcuking chance!

:)

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
it would appear all the vanpooper has to do is hire base and JBN. Why do i even bother to listen to tsn or team radio, these guys have all the answers and insight i need.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Water all I can tell you Bo will be third line centre. Twins on line number one. I hope they give Santorelli two more years to play with Bo. I hope Benning adds Sutter from Pitsburg and they get line one LW. Young Sweed Anderson on the farm will get a chance on D. He and Edler would make a good combo. They must add a guy with mad hart to play D. Goal area must be cleared.
And most of all I hope they don't bring Thorts from Boston. Kesler deal could spring the club in to play-offs. Big mistake if they send him to Ducks. With Booth gone and Raymond gone we are getting slower by the minute. Booth could chip in ten fifteen goals a year. Where will they get a guy that scores twenty goals as Raymond did in Toronto.
You might think Linden and Benning are hockey goods I thing they are in shyt dodo up to their eye brows. It will take four years before kids from farm are ready to do the men's job.
Number one we need older keeper for Lack to develop with out huge presure. Kid like Markstrom needs to play forty games a year to develop. It's not going to happen here.
If Canucks add Moulson and Kulemin and one more guy like Grabowski we could spring back. By adding slow old thugs it might work for half a season but no more. Only youth can turn this around. Young Gance or Cassels should be here. Just look at LA how they stay younger each year by adding kids from farm program.
I heard that Benning will use Surrey girls for fitness inprovment in the fall. As they are more fit then our Canucks.
Doug Lidster might be here as an assistant coach well that alone would make me buy season tickets. I think Desards will be our new coach.
One has to think positive but Booth should have been here guys like Dalpe and Sestito should be moving on. They have 8 goals beteen two of them. Matthias can fight as good as Sestito. Bo can take care of him self.
We all know that managment talks BS to hold a job. By this time owners are getting enough of BS. Linden better make some deals. Benning I do like.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Water I see you do lots of walking. Stress must be building up. New coach is coming next few days. He will swing few guys from AHL this way. What the hell beer is cheep, hockey is fun.
We need a Rusian or Fin to score few goals. Rest we have.
I still like Perlinni as our first pick he's smart hockey player with tons of speed at 6'3" 206 LBS , we could see Florida make a deal with Nucks. Big Bjug would fit well here.
Dale wants Ritchi as he knows he will be sixth or seventh pick. Both clubs would improve.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
A rookie President, a rookie GM, and a rookie Coach. Is that going to work? Add a group of aging veterans to that mix and I am not sure if we can expect anything good out of the next season (and probably 2-3 more).

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good with the existing lot (contracts, NTC's and all) would be to stay entertaining and miss the playoffs for the next few years. The opportunity to reload vs rebuild was lost by not moving Kesler, Edler, Luongo and/or Schneider prior to this season or prior to last draft. Now we've flipped Luongo for spare parts which is a decent thing I guess, except we swallowed some contract, and we got a decent prospect in Horvat for Schneider...all in all not great returns.

This team needs to identify through organic and inorganic growth a top 6 forward set as the Twins descend down the back half of their contract and turn the NOW pieces into pieces for the future.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny I do agree with you but I think Horvat is a good player. The way I see it he will end-up on a second line if not next year year after. I see him as a third line centre this coming year. Cassels and Gaunce will also be here for a long while. Second line is where we need the most help. Matthias and Higgens are or should fight for spots on line two Kassian the same. We might see one of them guys switch clubs. Jennsen will fight for line one spot. Henson I am not sure where will he fit. Same for Burrows. One of them might be traded.
Kesler will be moved in three four days. Ducks are all out on him. We will get a line one wing back plus a pick and a prospect. Ducks have lots of LW in the System.
Willie is one hell of a coach. Guys will play for him. He also knows few good players in American League one or two might come this way.
We might see Dog Lidster here as an assistant coach.
Four guys will be moved this summer. Benning wants more grit on third and fourth line.
If Kesler has change of hart god knows what will go one in next three months. Virtenan or Perlini as a first pick.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Define good?

Good = play-off (to believe Canucks are capable of anything more, with the current roster, is a dream)

Anyway, those 3 rookie guys really look like 3 hardworking guys so, who knows, it may help. I could not stand Burke and Gillis and their arrogance. Unfortunately, the core is now too old and passed their prime. The team would need probably at least 2-3 extraordinary players in order to compete (and those are hard to find).

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's two trade rumors swirling around the Canucks.

1. Kesler to Pens for James Neal, a Prospect not named Pouliot and the Pens 1st Rounder (22nd overall)
2. Shinkaruk and our 6th overall pick for the 1st overall pick to the Panthers.

Base:
1. Nobody said Horvat wasn't a good player - But he's 1 year out from being drafted... Kesler was taken mid round in what is considered the strongest draft of all time in NHL history and he didn't play a full NHL Season till his third year pro playing only 28 NHL games his rookie and sophomore seasons... On not very good Canucks teams - Artem Chubarov was the third line C's behind Brendan Morrison and Henrik Sedin.

If you think Gaunce Horvat or Cassels are playing a significant role this year you are high. Gaunce has the best shot to be a 4th line C but could probably use a season or two in Utica.

2. I agree the Ducks might be the team that he ultimately ends up with simply because they have an abundance of young prospects that could be packed up with draft picks... think Emerson Etem, Jakob Silfverberg + +

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny giving Shinkaruk and our sixth pick would be a mistake. Giving our sixth pick and Hensen would be more of a deal for Florida. They need proven NHL players not kids. We need future D. But again Canucks would take Sam. Big D is most needed here. To find a guy like Aki is not easy. Boby Orr of future. I do agree with Emerson and Silferburg. I am not sure Ducks would do that. Canucks are asking for their tenth pick as part of it.Ducks are not moving on that. We will see. I would make a deal with Pens due to better NHL proven players in return. 22 second pick could also work out. We could select good player from Finland or Swiss league.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is Hensen? You Muppet...or is that Henson? ;)

Shinkaruk and our 6th pick for Reinhart (Essentially) is a no brainer.

Aki? (I'm assuming you're saying Ekblad) is a future Bobby Orr? Orly?

ffs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Giving tow first round picks for one unproven centre would be dumb move. This is why Canucks are spinning wheels now. They got rid of Hodgson yet he has more points than most of Canucks guys. They gave Raymond up for nothing yet he has more goals than most of Canucks guys. There is no way Benning would give up two first round picks,he might be more of muppet then me. Giving up Perlini is not like Benning. Keslerès trade will bring that line two centre till Bo steps in to that spot.
Linden might be a wimp in hart but I am sure he will think before he makes a dumb move.
Benning will add sandpaper guys to this club, Not some mama boys. He will add Ritchie in a sec if he has a chance. You guys are dreaming if you think Dale and Florida are that dumb. No chance with out NHL guys going the other way. Burrows, Henson or Higgens. One of them would have to move. As you should know Luie was here last few days. Florida wants Kesler not some bush players. Benning would add Aki fefore Sam.
Big Bjug from Florida would be coming this way.
As early as Thursday knight you will see Kesler going to Worm winds. Could be south could be south east.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0