Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2023 / 2024

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
its not a steal by any stretch, but it could have been a little worse... Nylander I'd be nervous about only because his dad had a well earned rep as a merc who was focusses primarily on money, and once he got his bag... maybe the kid is different but his numbers sure did take off just in time to get paid...

bigger issue with the Nylander deal is that the salary cap construction absolutely precludes them from any playoff success, full stop... but, that's not his fault...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I think the difference is the mentality.

All of the Leafs core guys took as much as they could get. Which is totally fair play to them - they earned it.

Petersson followed Hughes and took less than he could have demanded if he really wanted. The idea being that hopefully there is money left over to get the guy or guys they need to win a cup.

With Nylander and Matthews, etc. they squeezed the Leafs for every penny. Obviously they want to win a cup too, but you get the sense that Matthews would also be fine winning the Rocket Richard trophy and maybe the Hart 3 or 4 times and then calling it a career.

Like their whole vibe seems to be the type of guys who are not bothered too much if the team loses because they still scored a hat trick.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, although I think both Petey and Hughes took very, very slight discounts... Miller didn't , and apparently Hronek is gonna get 8+... the main difference is that the Canucks have an above average goalie on 5 per, and some of their big money is on the blueline...

still say teams like the Leafs, Penguins, and to some extent Oilers think they're playing NHL 94 with line changes set to "off"...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
11 million plus for a 170lb soaking wet center man who can't even crack PP1 doesn't sound like a discount to me.

to add when you're not even a top three player on that team for talent....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bruins have precious little to cough up and would only do that if they could extend him... and they've got 48 hours to do so at best...

as for Petey, his talent is definitely top 3 on the team, but the 170 pound thing is a problem for him (and Hughes) when the going gets tougher and tighter checking in the playoffs... I'd rather one of the Tkachuk's, to be honest...

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes are going to be dangerous as is Colorado. Their trade deadline moves are very shrewd.

I think the nucks will get muscled. Adding a Lawson Crouse or Zucker would help offset that.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hertl to Vegas... and Hanifin... and Mantha... NHL has to change their LTIR rules; Vegas is going to be up around 115 million in total salary and the cap is 83.5...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Breaking News GIF by stealth_tahoe

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0