Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
all these teams loading up... no respect for my Bruins... seriously, the Leafs are trading away picks left right and center (that first for Sandin is headed right back out the door for veteran help), and do they really think their blueline and goaltending is championship calibre? comical...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to admit I was nodding my head at the rink last Saturday watching the Bruins.
Very well balanced team and they just simply go about their business over the three periods.
I see they beat the Coilers last night too - Very good road trip thus far.

I'm there again this Saturday and it'll be interesting to see these vamped up Leafs and how they compare.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to admit I was nodding my head at the rink last Saturday watching the Bruins.
Very well balanced team and they just simply go about their business over the three periods.
I see they beat the Coilers last night too - Very good road trip thus far.

I'm there again this Saturday and it'll be interesting to see these vamped up Leafs and how they compare.
interesting; they played a solid first period but two and three were not great from my perspective... sloppy, sleepy performance that needed a goalie goal of all things to lock it down...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I mean the Canucks did well against them and made it a decent game to watch, and perhaps the Bruins weren't up to your standard on the day, and that is a fair enough comment, but they just didn't seem to be too worried (sloppy in your eyes then?) and got the job done regardless and that is what good teams do.
It just seemed easy for them.

I pointed out to my wife the many top players they have when they were out there and thought they have three strong lines, good D-Men, and a very good goalie.

The boos at Rat Face every time he touched the puck didn't even phase him or work him up in the least either.

They have a confident air about them is probably more my point I guess, and I rate them as a result.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you say this with a straight face ? Ullmark ?? Really

Reg season means nothing.
Ullmark>>>>>>>>> either of Toronto's goaltenders - and that's during those rare times that they're healthy... Dude just made 54 saves last night - seems an odd time to chirp him.

enjoy the first round boot - again...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wtf are they doing. Why the hell did we just trade a 1st and 2nd rd pick this year for a dean who is injured that I never heard of. Fml

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ullmark>>>>>>>>> either of Toronto's goaltenders - and that's during those rare times that they're healthy... Dude just made 54 saves last night - seems an odd time to chirp him.

enjoy the first round boot - again...
campbell had 9 losses last year in reg season.

playoffs are different.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wtf are they doing. Why the hell did we just trade a 1st and 2nd rd pick this year for a dean who is injured that I never heard of. Fml
After reading a bit into this, I don't really mind it... the 1st was the TOP 12 protected pick from the Islanders. We're getting a RHD who is 25 which fits the age group of Petey & Hughes.

Still some time until Friday to get draft picks back maybe?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings fans are doing victory laps over this over on twitter... Hronek is having an outlier season and even at that he's good not great... they give up a pick in the 15-20 range and another in the 35-40 range in a stacked draft year for this? 11 years on and Aquilini is still thinks he's close... insane.

At least he'll fit right in:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading a bit into this, I don't really mind it... the 1st was the TOP 12 protected pick from the Islanders. We're getting a RHD who is 25 which fits the age group of Petey & Hughes.

Still some time until Friday to get draft picks back maybe?
I guess. Just seems like a steep price for a guy I haven't heard much about. Our current cap situation doesn't agree either right now.

Ottawa just picked up Chuchyn for almost the same price.

The message from management is just confusing as it was when Benning was steering the boat.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Management said Retool, not Rebuild though... The Horvat return so far looks OK to me now that it includes a top 4 RHD.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like they obviously think this is going to be THE guy with Hughes on the top pairing for the next several years. He's also under team control as an RFA when his contract expires next season.

Don't know where the shouts about this year's draft being deep are coming from. Pretty sure it falls off real quick after Bedard. Next year is the deep draft.

With the Isles looking like they will go right to the wire at the playoff bubble, odds of them picking in the top 12 and the Canucks getting an unprotected pick from them next season look low. I guess they like this kid more than what they project as being available to draft.

It probably won't pan out because nothing they do does. But I don't see this as going against the "rebuild" idea.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
“Canucks went from 3 picks in the top 40 to 1 pick in the first 70. For Hronek. Who again, is good. But likely never going to be great” Blake Price

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Management said Retool, not Rebuild though... The Horvat return so far looks OK to me now that it includes a top 4 RHD.
For one more year... at which point you either have to pay him a ton or you don't because he's reverted to his mean...

Hronek was taken 52nd overall... granted the Wings (and most other teams) do a way better job of amateur scouting than the Canucks do. But at 35-40 in a strong draft, you should be able to get a comparable prospect - most of the D in this draft are down around that range, as it happens.

So, if you're prepared to be patient and trust your scouts, you could have picked up a younger version of Hronek and kept the 15-20 pick to add a potentially impact prospect to boot.

But of course, that would require patience, and a realization that you're nowhere near competing right now... 13 AGM's and not one of them, apparently, has figured that out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0