Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve heard a shite ton of stories, Boeser, Horvat, Miller, Schenn, all on the move, now Pedey?

I’ll believe it when any one of them actually gets moved. It’s all just speculation.

Just like Tocchet taking over for Boudreau, in 4 weeks after he gives his 4 weeks notice at the sports station he’s working at.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
K, I just saw a headline about it... basically click-bait... author / insider projecting his opinion that Petey must want out due to the shitshow going on around him.

Homer Simpson Fox GIF by AniDom

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the writing is on the wall and Bruce has been told he has 2 games left and will be relieved of his duties Sunfay morning.

What a shite way of treating your employee.

Hope the crowd reacts accordingly tonight and tomorrow.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What an absolutely awful way to treat the guy that damn near saved their asses last year... I hope players and coaches around the league notice this and act with their feet.

I'm a little surprised none of the 13 AGM's they signed have said enough is enough and walked, but then again those press-box hotdogs are apparently to die for...

also, bag of dicks for the reporter who asked Bruce the follow-up after he was clearly breaking down... fcuk off...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s just odd. Even when he was doing great, the management refused to publicly support him. Always alluding he wasn’t the guy going forward or the style we want. Here was a man winning, having the stadium chanting and what an infectious personality.
He does the cameo stuff too. He sent a video message for my buddies kid when he was sick and in the hospital. The sort of stuff he doesn’t need to make time for.
The Canucks just handle everything so poorly. It’s a business and it’s cut throat. However do things the right way. No wait sign a bunch of plugs to long term contracts and then realize it’s a mistake after year one.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s just odd. Even when he was doing great, the management refused to publicly support him. Always alluding he wasn’t the guy going forward or the style we want. Here was a man winning, having the stadium chanting and what an infectious personality.
He does the cameo stuff too. He sent a video message for my buddies kid when he was sick and in the hospital. The sort of stuff he doesn’t need to make time for.
The Canucks just handle everything so poorly. It’s a business and it’s cut throat. However do things the right way. No wait sign a bunch of plugs to long term contracts and then realize it’s a mistake after year one.

A little off topic but Related to the Aqualini's.

Old man Luigi spends most of his time out in Pitt Meadows at his Blueberry farm next to Golden Eagle. I see him at the Golf course quite a bit. Still an intimadating figure. Anyhow, I was chatting with the fire chief in Pitt and we started talking about the Canucks. He told me a story about Luigi from last year.

People were Complaing to the city about large blasting noises up in the Pitt Valley. The fire dept and city crews went to inspect and found out it was Luigi's construction crew blasting off the side of a mountain up there to make a plateau on the Hill so Luigi could build a new house.

The chief was like wtf are you doing and Luigi replied I'm might build a house here on the side of the hill and over look my farm. Fire Chief says buts it's not your land. Luigi replies, Correct not my land yet but I'm thinking about buying it. They slapped him with a 6 figure fine and he was out doing it again a week later. :D

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently the deal is done or close to be done with Rick Tocchet. I am not convinced and never liked the style of hockey that he implements. His coaching record speaks for himself 178-200-60. Bruce is a stand up guy and his coaching record is 617-340 and well liked by everyone.

Change needs to happen from the top get rid of the management. They mismanaged everything since day 1 giving out crazy contracts.

I'm sure Bruce won't have a hard time finding another team to coach.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might be happy to get out a little even, considering what’s coming.
But haven’t we blamed GM’s for the last several years?

Benning, Gillis, Nonis, and Burke all got blamed for poor teams. Are they just shitty at picking a GM?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mistake has been the constant “retool.” Our stars are A- stars. Look at Pittsburg, capitals, Avalanche, Lightening. Guess what they have in common??? Every one of them has a first overall draft pick. They all were bad and got top tier players during the rebuild. We are building off 10th overall picks.

When is the last time we were a top top team in the NHL? Sedins.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mistake has been the constant “retool.” Our stars are A- stars. Look at Pittsburg, capitals, Avalanche, Lightening. Guess what they have in common??? Every one of them has a first overall draft pick. They all were bad and got top tier players during the rebuild. We are building off 10th overall picks.

When is the last time we were a top top team in the NHL? Sedins.
Our problem also is that we get a good goalie and trade him away in the prospect of getting good returns but they don’t pan out and we lose a good goalie.

Our Defense is shite and our current goaltending is worse.
Can’t win games giving up 5-7 goals every game.

Last quality draft we had was Luc Bourdon about 10th overall I’d guess. 15 years ago?
And we got Canucks Puck Luck with that one

Even if we tanked this year, we’d never get Bedard who will be a bonafide superstar, after that it’s still not guaranteed a franchise saver. And Bedards only come around so often.

Last edited:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our problem also is that we get a good goalie and trade him away in the prospect of getting good returns but they don’t pan out and we lose a good goalie.

Our Defense is shite and our current goaltending is worse.
Can’t win games giving up 5-7 goals every game.

Last quality draft we had was Luc Bourdon about 10th overall I’d guess. 15 years ago?
And we got Canucks Puck Luck with that one

Even if we tanked this year, we’d never get Bedard who will be a bonefishes superstar, after that it’s still not guaranteed a franchise saver. And Bedards only come around so often.
I mean Horvat at 9th overall when we traded Schneider on the draft floor...?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is bad how Boudreau is being treated by the owner and GM who has not said much good about Boudreau ever.

The rumours about trades alone with so many names involved aren't inspiring for players given a long season and many games.

If the players haven't quit on the coach, then clearly there's a huge talent issue OR there isn't any structure to how the Canucks play under Boudreau.

If Tocchet wasn't Canadian which I presume he still is I wonder if his status as a convicted felon for gambling and lying to police would hamper crossing into Canada.

He was an assistant Coyotes coach and part of running this thing!!!!

"Tocchet, 43, partnered with former New Jersey state trooper James Harney and another man, James Ulmer,in a sports betting venture they ran for five years.

Harney, who pleaded guilty on Aug. 3, 2006, was sentenced two weeks ago to five years in jail. He could be eligible for parole in about a year."

His coaching record isn't pretty and likely he'd argue that he never had the players.

But then again, look at what Boudreau has been dealt by his GM. In Vancouver, he could make that claim even more and he's a winner.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was curious about the NHL coaching market until I saw this story.

No stability in the NHL coaching ranks suggests that recycling more of the same isn't progress OR there's just not enough talent or good enough identification methods/assessing.

Mike Babcock is an intriguing recyclable and maybe his one year at Univ of Saskatchewan might have gained him some redemption. He stepped down there and said he's retired but...

Tortorella is coahing now but he's reincarnated numerous times after proving he's kind of a nut case.
673-541-37-132

Babcock until the "verbal assault" stuff blew up had a good record overall.
700-418-19-164
I read that Babcock made Marner list team mates in order of work rate, then shared the list with the guys at the bottom.

Early in my work career, I had an exec VP who got fired who at our meetings would make us rate the best and worst managers in the company at times. This was the same EVP who opened every meeting with "tell me why I shouldn't fire you?"

Apparently, Babcock was worse but why not give him a chance?

Sutter is no angel in that category and he is coaching.

Better than the gambler, losing record of Rick Tocchet:
178-200-60

How long would it take Boudreau to get a winning % to mirror Tocchets at his
617-340

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just not sure why or who decided that Rick Tocchet is going to be a good hire? Maybe it was financial factor but I am very curious about the thought process as to why he got chosen. There are so many great coaches on the market right now that they could of hired instead of Tocchet here is the list of all available coaches with proven track records.

Barry Trotz
Claude Julien
Peter DeBoer
Joel Quenneville
Paul Maurice
Bruce Cassidy
Mike Babcock
Alain Vigneault (I doubt he would take job)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just not sure why or who decided that Rick Tocchet is going to be a good hire? Maybe it was financial factor but I am very curious about the thought process as to why he got chosen. There are so many great coaches on the market right now that they could of hired instead of Tocchet here is the list of all available coaches with proven track records.

Barry Trotz
Claude Julien
Peter DeBoer
Joel Quenneville
Paul Maurice
Bruce Cassidy
Mike Babcock
Alain Vigneault (I doubt he would take job)
Here ya go

Barry Trotz didn't want the job
Claude Julien has health issues.
Peter DeBoer is coaching Dallsas
Joel Quenneville got cancelled
Paul Maurice is coaching Florida.
Bruce Cassidy is coaching Vegas.
Mike Babcock also got cancelled.
Alain Vigneault (I doubt he would take job) correct!

:wa: :wa: :wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s official.
Bruce, there it is,……… it’s a pink slip.

Well handled Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0