Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RTP pushed back.

I think they will give the team another 10-12 days to get fit... Season will still end same date as before, so it'll just be 19 games in 19 days :)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks have lost me. I was a fan since being a 10 year old kid. And through covid and not having cable, I have lost interest completely. I used to be in keeper leagues and listen to team 1040 on the daily. But it’s gone.

the game overall has lost my interest. I don’t know if I just noticed these things, or the game has changed that much over the years that it’s more apparent.

i find it to be brainless. The players are so fast now a days. It’s a game of chance. Teams are set up so well positionally that most lines now just dump the puck in the offensive zone and go work the boards to gain possession. Dump, grind in the corners. Half the shots are efforts towards net that hopefully nic a players skate or stick on net.
40 seconds shift and dump and grind and flick and bump.
Yes there are some top players that are fun to watch with amazing talent at top speeds. But for the most part it’s a game of chance.

you wouldn’t just cross the half way line in soccer and boot it deep and chase. You wouldn’t just shoot in soccer.
Perhaps my pallet has matured. But I like the brain game of soccer much much more. It’s smarter and takes more “skill” to gain entry to the final third let alone to create a chance.
It’s just ugly stuff.
perhaps with players being that much faster, a larger arena would fix this and we can see top players have some time and truly make some amazing plays and build ups through the neutral zones. Or maybe I was spoiled with the Seden’s and their wizardry. The give and goes and their movements were very soccer like at times.
But when I try to tune in lately it’s all junky and ugly hockey.

anyone else lost the Canucks love or overall love for nhl hockey?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the same for me anymore, either, but it's hard being a fan when they struggle. Same w/Caps. These days w/ all the negativity and despair on the daily, I seek out things that makes me happy.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Be Happy GIF by memecandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money