Canucks 2017/18

Discussion in 'Go Canucks Go' started by Regs, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard

Est:
    Jul 23, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Never heard that one, but I don't think I want to.

I had stopped in at a Brown's for a beer and some dinner to watch the game, and when Vegas made it 4-1 after the 'Nucks bumbled yet another defensive zone possession (this time puck into the stands while killing a PP), I went to pay for my meal, and all of a sudden the comeback was on. In the time it took to pay my bill they scored two goals, and then I was vested. The twins had a few nostalgic shifts, but they were missing the team around them that could properly support the movement. Puck would go back to the point, and Del Zotto or Poulliat or some plug defensemen would bumble it, and kill the attack. It was frustrating, because they had an excellent 3rd. And Gallat can suck a bag of dicks for challenging that goal. Sure it was a cnut hair offside, but they were up 4-1 at that point and the twins had just recorded 1st and second assists on a rookie's 1st goal.

Glad I stuck around to see the end, though.

2. cascadesoccer

Staff Member Better Bastard

Est:
    Oct 7, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $281.55
    Storybook last home game ending. Awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Regs

Staff Member Total Bastard

Est:
    Jun 28, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $8,077.95
    Another awesome 3rd period onwards.

JV18 is going to be a rockstar here in Vancouver as long as he curbs living like one :)

4. Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard

Est:
    Jul 23, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    The wife and I made a date out of it, went to the GLC and had to convince them to take ski videos off the big screen and put some hockey on. By the end, everyone in the place was engaged in the game. What an ending. Literally could not have written it better, and the stats showed if Danny was anything, he was a killer in OT. Who gives a shite about shootouts, this guy has been shoving the dagger into the opposition his whole career.

Yeah Regs, JV was something else in the 3rd- again. And you know, I haven't been watching all year, he looks way trimmer in his face, Green says he's been working hard and earning his minutes.

The night was perfect, fcuk me I'm going to miss these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Regs

Est:
    Jun 28, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $8,077.95
    Remember when?

:)

6. Regs

Est:
    Jun 28, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $8,077.95
    Best goal ever?

legs.gif

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rangerforever

Better Bastard

Est:
    Sep 5, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $60.00
    Got my money's worth last night.
    Glad I didn't sell out.

Class. Acts.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Canucks4Ever

Canucks4Ever Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jan 9, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $120.00
    Agreed, Tuesday was well worth attending as well. Lost my mind on the Vegas challenge. Kid's 1st NHL goal assisted by both Sedins in one of their final games with Vegas up comfortably and having already clinched their division and no chance to catch Nashville for the conference top spot. I get that you play to win every night, but my fcuk how do you take that irreplaceable memory away? Terrible sportsmanship IMO. I compared it to Zlatan's winner the other day. Not going to get into whether Ibra's was or was not offside, we are all sure about our own interpretations, but the point is you WANT those goals to count, same with this one. It is what makes sports so fantastic.

Fair play in the shootout as well. They are garbage at that skills contest but it was what the people wanted to see and was a nice moment. Last night was great and to get that storybook ending was beyond perfect...though I could do without all the numerology BS about the timing of the goals etc., but that's just me, to each their own I guess.

I too noticed Virtanen in these last few games and, suddenly, he looks like a kid who could be a devastating power forward in this league. It is his speed that has impressed me most, he's just accelerating past defenders seemingly effortlessly. Hopefully that continues into next season and beyond, because not having the Sedin's will be a massive hole to fill. The one thing that I hope the kids all took away from these couple games is how engaged the crowd can be here, but you have got to earn it. Say what you want about the Vancouver market, but we don't just blindly follow our sports teams. Maybe we should, but we don't, you have to make it worth our while. However, if you can flip that switch, the energy is palpable and there is no question that the building spurred those third period comebacks with all the guys on the bench feeding off the crowd. It was great being in the building on Tuesday and watching last night, it felt like the old days. I hope that's what Danny and Hank said in the room to the kids afterwards, remember this crowd and what it has the potential to be, it's on you guys to get back to this level.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rangerforever

Better Bastard

Est:
    Sep 5, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $60.00
    The Usher said to me he hasn't heard the crowd like that in a long time and I thought to myself how right he was.

Agreed - God I miss those consecutive sold out nights where the rink was just buzzin like that.

We're a fickle fan base but man we can light it up when we want to when the product is superior.

10. Rangerforever

Better Bastard

Est:
    Sep 5, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $60.00
    And agreed, Virtanen is looking like a force on how he's easily going around guys these days.

11. Regs

Est:
    Jun 28, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $8,077.95
    @hockey_gaud with the Hobey Baker... nice!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Regs

Est:
    Jun 28, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $8,077.95
    JV18 > McJesus

If you watched last night, you know what I'm talking about... speed kills :eek:

13. 4STGMP

4STGMP Active Member

Est:
    Feb 10, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $5.00
    Hey Feanchise How bout them leafs!

• Like Like x 2
  14. STD

STD Well-Known Member

Est:
    May 23, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    I think it may be time for the Leafs to finally commit to a rebuild. One and done :foib:

• Like Like x 2
    • You Bastard! You Bastard! x 1
  15. akslop

Better Bastard

Est:
    Jun 28, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $235.15
  16. STD

STD Well-Known Member

Est:
    May 23, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Like I said :foib:

• You Bastard! You Bastard! x 1
  17. 4STGMP

4STGMP Active Member

Est:
    Feb 10, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $5.00
    I am on cloud 9....leafs suck. Andersen is junk, Matthews a no show in the entire series and Gardiner....well thank you! Let’s go Jets!