Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2011/12

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
luongo...still in top form :rolleyes:
a goal from behind the goal line
2 goals from MATT COOKE????? and the 3rd one...COME ON!!!!!!

the shootout was a joke
how does he expect to make a save from his stomach?
the moment we went into shootouts...i knew we lost

other than that...Sedins were on FIRE as usual
magic to watch

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
luongo...still in top form :rolleyes:
a goal from behind the goal line
2 goals from MATT COOKE????? and the 3rd one...COME ON!!!!!!

the shootout was a joke
how does he expect to make a save from his stomach?
the moment we went into shootouts...i knew we lost

other than that...Sedins were on FIRE as usual
magic to watch

Typical Canuck Fan..

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is is we have the most expensive player in the league, " one of the best goalies in the world", but he always gets outplayed by the guy at the other end.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say we put Schneider in next game, he is a great goalie. I don't care if Lou is the most expensive player we have to deal with that for how many more years? put the guy in the gets results whether he makes 500k or 5 million. RESULTS AV RESULTS!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
how fast we forget.

How dare him give up two pp goals and a shorty....

Yeah get rid of lou he has done nothing here

Jimothy

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's say the Canucks got rid of Luongo and handed the job to Schneider. How long do you think it would take before we started calling for Eddie Lack to be the guy?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone remember Schneider did during his playoff game?

Thank god Lou stood on his head and got us into the second then the third and then the fourth.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
how fast we forget.

How dare him give up two pp goals and a shorty....

Yeah get rid of lou he has done nothing here

Not get rid of him, pull him for shoot outs as its not his thing. Use Schneider more. the thing with Lous is that he is a great goalie who makes great saves then lets in squeekers. If you make that much money greatness is expected, and he's not playing at the level he should with that kind of coin.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not get rid of him, pull him for shoot outs as its not his thing. Use Schneider more. the thing with Lous is that he is a good goalie who makes great saves then lets in squeekers. If you make that much money greatness is expected, and he's not playing at the level he should with that kind of coin.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me I just find Luongo very predictable. And I feel so does the opposition that shoot on him. I love the idea of having an agreement of putting schneider in net for the shootouts.

Can anyone find a stat on Luongo's wins vs losses in the shootout for his career? This wll be an interesting stat!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brodeur, Martin NJD 54 35 19 0.648 5 3 54 191 0.717 9 4

The great goalies should be in this category you would think. 35 wins...19 losses.

Cool stats!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No goalie in the NHL has more wins than Luongo over the last 5 years. And for those above talking about how Fleury outplayed him etc, you do realize he let in a pretty shitty goal too, and makes a whopping $333K less a year (cap hit). shite happens, we need to relax, it was the first game of the season.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No goalie in the NHL has more wins than Luongo over the last 5 years. And for those above talking about how Fleury outplayed him etc, you do realize he let in a pretty shitty goal too, and makes a whopping $333K less a year (cap hit). shite happens, we need to relax, it was the first game of the season.

true that.

I think the one of the many downfalls of losing the stanley cup finals in game 7 is that it feels like it was yesterday.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, it sucks we still have 81 more games till the playoffs again. Regular season just doesn't matter to me for this version of the Canucks.

On another note, Sturm and Samuelson better pick it up. When you make Hodgson look like a speed demon you are skating slow. Granted it was only one game, but continued play like that would see both of them off the 2nd line.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is just frustrating that the Canucks can score 3, 4, 5 goals in a game...and still lose
it's not that i forget what he has done, but it is sooooooooo hard to like this guy
as mentioned, he makes way too much money to be letting in the sh*t he is letting in
sure, he stands on his head once in a while, but isn't that his job?
isn't that what he is paid that much money to do?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The goaltending position is a difficult one to look at. Everyone always points to a salary and goes, well we can just go get a guy like (insert goalie here) and only have to pay him $2M per season and he has a Cup. Problem with that theory is, they will get their money. Look at Niemi, wins a cup, Chicago balks at arbitration, San Jose gives him what, $4M, $4.5? Then he shits the bed. Any goalie worth his salt that plays well for cheap, doesn't do it for very long. If you want a good, always consistent goalie it is going to cost you large dollars. How many are there in the NHL right now? Hell, the only ones I can think of are Brodeur and Roy (obviously I know he's no playing), and both commanded massive salaries. Nabokov was consistent regular season but shite all playoffs, and he was a $5M goalie.

Vancouver has had one of the top 3 goalies in the NHL for the past 5 years, for a salary that every elite goalie seems to be around. We need to quit complaining and be thankful we have one. Philly did what it appears every fan wants us to do in oust a franchise goalie, and they went 30 years before finding another one. That's IF Bryzgalov is that one, and based on last seasons playoffs who knows.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0