Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canuck Trades - Sedins for !?!

What Do Ya Think

• Total voters

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just listening to the radio today; enjoying all the fellow Sedin bashers, and i was trying to think who the canucks could trade the sisters for that it would be worth in a 2 for 1 swap (and could be available)
Knowing the Wild won't be trading Gaborik in there own division, who might fit?
I'm going Ilya Kovalchuk (Da-da-da-DAA)!
He's unrestricted in a year and a half and there's no way he wants to stay past that.
If the Sedins will sign an extension to stay together, it's not bad for Atlanta instead of losing Kovalchuk for nothing, and he won't get the 150 points the sisters do put up (not in the big games, but they get there points).
Vancouver gets the best scorer they've had since Bure, and i bet Sundin wouldn't mind Ilya for a linemate. (I know, i'm sick of his name too, but Tony Gallagher on 1040 this week said he heard that Sundin wanted 2 years, and Vancouver is the only one to offer that)

Bonus trade!:wa:

I'd like to see Schnieder, 1st rounder and Pyatt for Spezza.
Ottawa's goalies suck (Auld, Gerber) and Schnieder is ripping up the AHL right now. his stock is heading up!

How bout it

Kovalchuk - Sundin - Demitra
Raymond - Spezza - Bernier

Hodgson in for Sundin in 2 years........
Grabner for Demitra in the same
How bout it ? ?? ??? ????
Plan the Parade!!!

Attachments

5.7 KB · Views: 325
    19.4 KB · Views: 325

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm, maybe, but no.

I am one that thinks Gillis will trade the twins...If you look at his track record he gets guys with intangibles, and the twins don't have any.

I would love to see a deal with them going out and Heatley/Vermette/or something coming back.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There going no where they are both rated in the top 20 in the league.

they lose a few games and everyone thinks trades are coming:rolleyes:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lose a few games? they are looking a 4 and 8 record right in the face......

I wonder who would give up something decent for 2 decent players who historically disappear in the playoffs? They are both UFA's at the end of this year, so whoever gets them will want to sign them and they will want a big raise next year... Im guessing that together,they will be a 10 or 11 million cap hit. I think that limits the buyers significantly as most are near the cap as is. Maybe with the exception of LA
( Also, with an 0.8 Cdn dollar, Im wondering if the cap will keep going up....)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lose a few games? they are looking a 4 and 8 record right in the face......

I wonder who would give up something decent for 2 decent players who historically disappear in the playoffs? They are both UFA's at the end of this year, so whoever gets them will want to sign them and they will want a big raise next year... Im guessing that together,they will be a 10 or 11 million cap hit. I think that limits the buyers significantly as most are near the cap as is. Maybe with the exception of LA
( Also, with an 0.8 Cdn dollar, Im wondering if the cap will keep going up....)

Or they could be 10-4?

No way they trade the Sedins...no chance.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you guys kidding me.

The Sedins are NOT first liners. They would/could be the best second line in the league.
The Sedins will NOT carry the team to the cup. When you are a one line team, its simple to stop that line and then who comes out to take over?

If. and Only if, we got the Sundin. Then we can have Sundin, Demitra and whomever on the top line. With the Sedins the following act.

Now teams have to choose who to play there top shutdown defensive line against.
And the Sedins would most likely come out and play against the second defensive line or a tired first line from battling our top line.

I would not trade them. Just build another line that balances our offence. We saw this last year when we were a one line team. If other teams stop our twins, who is stepping up to win games. Burrows and kesler can only do so much. (third liners)

You see,,. we get a top line with a top line centre with Demitra, the Twins will have much more space to do there thing.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other top teams don't just have one scoring line.
Detroit, New York, Montreal, etc...
Its balanced. And both the top 2-3 lines score.

Its been a few games. Demitra is injured.
Our Second line right now is the Manitoba Moose. Hansen, Raymond, Pyatt. Come on now. But we are blaming the Sedins?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lines for tonight are supposedly:

Sedin-Sedin-Raymond
Bernier-Wellwood-Pyatt
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Hordichuk-Johnson-Krog

in other words, not good enough.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting Don taylor was saying yesterday that Anson Carter has been the only one that has proven to score with the Sedins. And with no contract currently, why wouldn't the Canucks give him a 10 day trial? Nothing to lose. Carter I think is 35 years old but he can still probably park his ass in front of the net and keep his stick on the ice.

Nonis could have brought him back last year from the Swiss league on a prorated contract (maybe Carter was a fat slob over in Europe, who knows). The Canucks missed the playoffs by only 3 points last year. You would guess he could have bagged a few goals in 15-20 games. Instead Nonis used his Brian Burke learned business acumen and refused to entertain the thought of bringing him back.

Sounds like Bernier already is off the line with the Sedins and it's Raymonds turn.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sedins....they are terriable 4 points tonight between them and the game isn't over yet.....set them free

Bring back Jim "the house" sandlack

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
let's see what they do against anaheim and detroit this weekend. Robert Kron and Shawn Antoski coulda combined for 4 points against these LA Kings.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sedins are valuable. I don't think anyone has ever claimed otherwise...

I just don't see the Nucks winning a Cup with them on the team. And don't bring the whole "They won Gold at The Olympics" argument because they were not the stars of that show, and were auxiliary to Alfreddson, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, and Sundin to name just a few.

I would love to see them shipped off, if some three way trade could be made between Chicago (Who is cap crunched but needs to offload Khabibulin and Cam Barker) and Ottawa (Who desperately need a D Man and a Goalie) and somehow the Canucks were to end up with Vermette and Heatley...that would be awesome.

Imagine...

Raymond-Sundin-Heatley
Bernier-Vermette-Demitra
Burrows-Kesler-Wellwood
Hansen-Johnson-Hordichuk
extra: Rypien, Krog
Bieksa-Ohlund
Mitchell-Salo
Edler-O'Brien
extra: Davison

Luongo & Sanford

Nice.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i just thought I'd throw it out there. My boss is a former coach of Jason Krog and was actually talking to him on the phone last night after the game. Apparently the Canucks, according to Krog, have put an offer on the table for Brendan Shanahan. What do you guys think?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be great! Yes he's old but a star in this league and one helluva shot!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0