Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Nationals 2008 NFLD

stoonsoccer

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good physical game between Gorge and Nl tonight with Gorge earning a well deserved victory. Game was a little closer than the score indicates but we only count goals. It was a pleasure to watch 2 teams battle unlike the BS the Quebec Reps have shown. The loss to NL2 is going to haunt Gorge. Also looks like they are without a tender as a player replaced injured goalie in first half.

I have watched various St. Lawrence Vs BC battles over the years and this one was no different. Both teams gave and took as the fans enjoyed every minute.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final is tomorrow at 1:00.
Oct 13, 2008
Schedule Details
Teams: AB-Calgary Callies 1st Place Group A vs. QC-Corfinium de St-Leonard 1st Place Group B
Type: Championship Round
Date: Oct 13, 2008
Time: 1:00 pm

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final is tomorrow at 1:00.

Heres hoping the cowboys can come thru again!! I expect a tough game, but crowd will be on our side due to the fact that Quebec are a bunch of tossers!! But they do have some talent, so we'll have to be careful.

Pity Gorge messed up against Newfie 2. Would have been nice to have a repeat final.

We're in our 3rd final in a row - not too shabby for a bunch of cowboys!!:wa:

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just viewed the visl web, and apparently gorge lost 3-2 in bronze medal game, unsure as to whom....as we're in victoria today i'll post the masters final later and try to find the womens final

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A decent draw goes a long ways....no offense to the callies but they didn't have ont/que along with 2 hosts in their pool, but nevertheless you still have to win or at least beat those teams deemed weaker [ie newfies]; that said i have no idea how they decide the pools [prev years results i guess]

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from the medal ceremonies. Callies repeat as Champs with a very deserving 3-1 victory over Quebec. Quebec have no class, every time the whistle went against them they were whining. Gorge lost to PEI 3-2, heard from the BC rep that Gorge dominated possession, but couldn't score on there many chances. Suppossedly PEI came down the field all of 5 times but scored on three of their chances. As for the women, Nova Scotia took the gold 3-2 over Ontario. I heard NS was up 3-0 at one point. SU won the bronze against NFLD. NFLD had 5000 supporters minus 4750 supporters watching the game and scored first to go up 1-0. After SU settled down they came back with 6 goals to win it 6-1. Big controversy over here though, as we were expecting to play Quebec. Yesterday though Ontario already knew they were playing for gold, so they started 11 players against NFLD, at halftime they(Ont) were down 2-0, so the Ont coach made 2 subs and didn't replace the pulled players. Ontario's coach tell's his sub's to all go and stay in the changing room and keep warm. They then play the rest of the game with 9 players and concede 3 more goals. NFLD leap frogs Quebec and Manitoba for the bronze medal game. Not only did Quebec go crazy, but it messes up the ranking's for next year. St. John's did very well in organizing the tournament and there was lot's of support out here.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I have been given approval to voice my celebratory comments. Well deserved victory today as we repeat as NATIONAL CHAMPS first time since Norvan (which i played for Fireman against Norvan in the Provincial cup the year they repeated) I must congratulate the Newfies on putting on a great tournament, the fans were magic today. Now on to next year to 3 peat.
I am sober and plan to stay that way!!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson, congrats on the win, your bunch was all class. I was in the stands and the Newfies loved you guy's, but even more so they couldn't stand the French and would have cheered for whoever played against them! Quebec knobs even took their own women's particapation pins thinking it was theirs! I honestly can see the Callies 3 peating it, if they keep the same team together!

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A decent draw goes a long ways....no offense to the callies but they didn't have ont/que along with 2 hosts in their pool, but nevertheless you still have to win or at least beat those teams deemed weaker [ie newfies]; that said i have no idea how they decide the pools [prev years results i guess]

prev years for sure - + don't tell us we had an easy draw!! ALL teams are tough - PEI beat BC today - and in 2003 when we won we actually had to play 6 games for some stupid CSA decision. So we have earned our right to the draw!!

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
just got back from both masters gold medal games and cal beat surrey ? 2-1 in the womens, the mens was callies 2 - 1 over uvic, with fumes left in the game and down to 10 it appeared headed to ot when one of the cal players outjumped 2 uvic players to nod it back for an easy header into the net. nobby....judging by the scores you are prob correct in that no easy games left in the draw [well at least the mens]

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to both Callie teams for winning their respective championships. BAck-to-back is VERY impressive. Well done, lads.

Back to the drawing board for B.C. :(

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I have been given approval to voice my celebratory comments. Well deserved victory today as we repeat as NATIONAL CHAMPS first time since Norvan (which i played for Fireman against Norvan in the Provincial cup the year they repeated) I must congratulate the Newfies on putting on a great tournament, the fans were magic today. Now on to next year to 3 peat.
I am sober and plan to stay that way!!

Congrats, Sneds. Bar your support for Celtic, I never doubted you.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0