Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Vs Panama Friday Sept 7 and Tuesday Sept 11

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS: Officials tonight are from El Salvador... Don't particularly like this, would've preferred yanks Jamaicans or even mexicans... The Central American refs always seem to be easily sucked into awarding dodgy peno's and fk's and get card happy following dives.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
riot police is "guarding" CMNT and their hotel...

this is going on right now and I'd have to assume carrying on all night...

Last edited by a moderator:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
riot police is "guarding" CMNT and their hotel...

this is going on right now and I'd have to assume carrying on all night...

A little different then Panama coming to Canada where the CSA gives each player individual gift baskets and bottle of local maple Syrup, while fans try to make their stay in Canada as "Lovely" as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukkit; just play the qualifiers at Commonwealth in Edmonton in November...

This.

It is such a no-brainer, it is laughable.

How can they argue that there is more commercial opportunity to benefit than by going to Edmonton? Edmonton will sell the place out, and with CANADIAN fans. Can't tell me that there are huge corporate sponsor dollars on the line here...but there would be if Canada could actually QUALIFY for a World Cup.

Anyhow, Go Canada Go.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What exactly is Edmonton's history of supporting the MEN's team on such a scale as to fill commonwealth? What...once in 1994 v. Brazil???

BERDDUUUUUUSSSSCOOOOOOO!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, it wouldn't sell out and be full of Canadian Fans... they get nothing for fans there and never have...

That all being said actually qualifying for a world cup is more important than playing in front of fans...qualify and then fans wil start showing up outside of TO, MTL and Here.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What exactly is Edmonton's history of supporting the MEN's team on such a scale as to fill commonwealth? What...once in 1994 v. Brazil???

BERDDUUUUUUSSSSCOOOOOOO!

Let me put it to you another way...even if they get one (1) caucasian fan out and nobody else, it is still a better venue than TO. Play the game in the most hostile conditions Canada can provide, which includes COLD, and give yourself a chance to win.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the women team out draws the men's team in Deadmonton. Last time the men played a game in Deadmonton they drew 9000... not very intimate

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to credit where it's due. If you watched the last game in TO they actually had the sea of red going. The Red Patch Boys area was slammed full of full time and temporary Voyageurs and there was a lack of Panamanian presence you could feel from watching at home...

I think the days are gone that we roll the red carpet out for the away side and make them feel nice and cozy. The TO based V's have taken it very seriously that they need to be hardcore and do what they can through the TFC Supporters groups to minimize the away support there.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't exactly know what game you watched, but there were entire sections that were empty. The camera didn't pick them up because the cameras were on the same side. Devos via twitter took a picture 15 mins into game with literally entire sections below him empty.....whilst arguing that Toronto was still the best place in the universe to hold a CMNT qualifier. :rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to credit where it's due. If you watched the last game in TO they actually had the sea of red going. The Red Patch Boys area was slammed full of full time and temporary Voyageurs and there was a lack of Panamanian presence you could feel from watching at home...

I think the days are gone that we roll the red carpet out for the away side and make them feel nice and cozy. The TO based V's have taken it very seriously that they need to be hardcore and do what they can through the TFC Supporters groups to minimize the away support there.

Keep in mind the opposition was Panama. How many Panamaniacs do you know that have immigrated to Canada?

What do you think would happen if we host Jamaica in T.O.?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for Panama for having the street party outside the hotel I Personally thought that was awesome, if the Canucks tried this in the SCF, maybe we would have done better in game 7, but thats for another thread. Bring the WCQ to Vancouver, have them stay at the Astoria and there is home field advantage. Maybe let Mr.Base act as their tour guide.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
. Maybe let Mr.Base act as their tour guide.

That would be just mean. Imagine how many PCL games and indoor games at Burnaby 8 rinks he would take them to? And the amount of suggestions he would give on players and formations?

Canada would probably beat Spain if we could have Mr.base as tour guide.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess what I'm saying is that the "Rowdy Home Support" these days is achievable, likely better in TO right now than MTL or Van or anywhere else in this country, and to me- since it IS achievable that's better than playing in Edmonton or somewhere else.

That being said Jamaica vs CMNT would be best played in Vancouver or Montreal away from the hordes of Jamaican descent folks in Ontario... That's a prime candidate for a game to played in yellowknife if I've ever seen one.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be just mean. Imagine how many PCL games and indoor games at Burnaby 8 rinks he would take them to? And the amount of suggestions he would give on players and formations?

Canada would probably beat Spain if we could have Mr.base as tour guide.

You forgot U-16 silver games

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0