Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada MNT: Road to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said Base. It was a great atmosphere tonight, great win for us and the moment of silence at the start was very classy indeed.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see all you pisstanks there. Fcuk terrorism!

Atiba - best player on the field. Thanks to Regs for putting that together, especially far enough from the faux-Ingerlish accents.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You missed a good one. First time I have watched our guys attacking like men. Solid game always brings results. Next one is going to tougher in Salvador. Heat and elevation is not an easy place to play in. Now if our country could learn from it an install a Canadian Pro League our kids would do way better.
To all those people in France that have lost their lives due to racist bandits,may god bring peace to each and every one. Sad day for France and rest of the World.
I don't think elevation is a problem in San Salvador, That will happen at Azteca in Mexico.
It is very intimidating, playing in El Salvador, though. Not an easy place to play in.
Honduras is another venue that has it's challenges.
The boys need to be focused & ready for these games, they won't be easy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very good result last night, awesome to finally see Canada play in person.

Full marks to the Voyagers at the opposite end and thanks for the laughs in our end to @utah & @Dude :)

@Gurps - has Ricketts cracked a smile yet do you think? :)

Let's do it again if we get the Mexico game in March!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had to play last night and wouldn't leave my teammates high and dry to go watch like some other people.

:D

How was the attendance?

I heard Hutchinson was looking good.
Any others?
Rangers man in me also wants to know if Aird got in and how he did.

Cheers,
RF

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Attendance was 20,108 - very good and involved crowd... didn't look very good a couple of minutes before KO but big sections filled in quick.

Hutch was MOTM, so smooth and played a pretty deep role, collecting from the keeper and centerbacks constantly. Also though JDG's workrate and heart was inspiring throughout.

Aird didn't see the pitch. Neither did I but that had more to do with @TheRob standing in his seat whenever the ball was in our end of the pitch :)

They had the Honduran supporters sectioned off in the corner beside us... made for a great atmosphere.

We have to get the Mexico game in March, even Floro wants to have it happen!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fack, Regs, I didn't realize that ThRob & Utah were there as well. Goes to show how many people on this site you'd walk by without realizing it. ;)

Gurps I was seeing frequently because we had offices in the same building, but no longer. Ballbaby I hadn't seen for a VERY long time, and that was the first time I'd met Dude and his hair in person. PV I only see at international games; Lion I recognized, but the rest of the group I wouldn't be able to identify in a police lineup. Catorce Verde and Trece Junior had a great time, and even La Señora enjoyed herself enough to post positive things on Crackbook about the game.:wa:

Enjoyed the chance to give Spanish lessons:D and would definitely do this again!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had to play last night and wouldn't leave my teammates high and dry to go watch like some other people.

How was the attendance?

I heard Hutchinson was looking good.
Any others?
Rangers man in me also wants to know if Aird got in and how he did.

Cheers,
RF

Busted.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great time at the game Friday night. Thanks Regs for setting it up and our section was a blast.

Was nice meeting some new TTP'ers and hanging out with "old ones" like Trece.

As Trece said, I did not realize a few TTP'ers were there such as TheRob and Lion.

Lots of laughs courtesy of Dude and Utah. Was nice to meet Ballaby and hang out with Regs. Great guys to watch the game with.

As for Rickets Regs, I don't think he ever smiles!!!!! Touch brutal as usual but he does work very hard.

As everyone stated, Atiba man of the match. Just on a another level skill wise.

Hoilett finally providing Canada with some power and pace down the wings.

Big win for Canada and next up El Salvador Tuesday. Look for Floro to make a few changes and play even more defensive. A tie would be great on the road. May see Aird in lineup I am betting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ballbaby wasn't playing along for my singing section. He's too cool for school.

Oh yes, Hutchinson...you just don't see on TV and Youtube highlights how good he is till you see him in person. I don't think he lost possession once, and his skill was on another level. Easily the best player on the pitch. This wasn't even close.

I have to say, I didn't like the way they used Larin. I'd rather see a 4-4-2 and pair him w/ someone to take some attention off, and also allow Larin to be less central. His movement was poor, and for such a big guy with obvious skill and speed, you just...want...more...

And, I'll say it: Will Johnson looked fantastic. He was his typical dink-self all night, a nasty little fcuker, but more than that, he played a true box-to-box role. His corners early weren't the best, but later in the match he pinged one off the cross bar (or post? Beers were flowing then), at some point after his goal, anyhow. Glad they gave him the goal instead of awarding it to Larin's back.

Friday-to-Tuesday, with a long travel day in between, is a tough turn-around. Can't see JDG playing again, just given his age and recovery needed.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently the match is on TV tomorrow... BeIn Sports :rolleyes:

The CSA seems to be doing their best to make it hard to fall in love with this team. WTF?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we didn’t get a chance to talk a lot about this, but WTF indeed? Not just the TV situation, but the overall promotion situation...

Any way you can get a candid interview with VM? There has to be some questions answered...

The crowd proved it…there is an appetite for this! It’s not just a small diehard gathering, and I’m glad I was proven wrong. They filled the lower bowl (essentially) with ZERO marketing effort. Nothing! Unless you were a die-hard footy fan or involved in an intimate level in the game around here, you would not have heard about this match.

So, tell me…is the CSA honestly that broke that they can’t promote this? And by promote, forget about the typical main stream stuff, do it at a grass roots level! Open the top. Sell the tickets to clubs at a cheap, cheap rate through the clubs (like, $5.00 per ticket). This way the clubs have a vested interest in making sure the coaches whom buy them do so w/ the intention of making sure every ticket is used. So there is a cost now associated w/ opening the top…so what? Incure that cost! The idea is to create an awesome atmosphere, a full stadium, and create fans for life.

I’m sure the CSA are all busy patting themselves on the back for a job well done, marketing wise, but I’ll take a completely different stance…they were damn lucky they held this game here, a week after the Caps were eliminated, and they were able to piggyback on a wave of goodwill from that, and also some from the WWC held here in the summer.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ballbaby wasn't playing along for my singing section. He's too cool for school.

Oh yes, Hutchinson...you just don't see on TV and Youtube highlights how good he is till you see him in person. I don't think he lost possession once, and his skill was on another level. Easily the best player on the pitch. This wasn't even close.

I have to say, I didn't like the way they used Larin. I'd rather see a 4-4-2 and pair him w/ someone to take some attention off, and also allow Larin to be less central. His movement was poor, and for such a big guy with obvious skill and speed, you just...want...more...

And, I'll say it: Will Johnson looked fantastic. He was his typical dink-self all night, a nasty little fcuker, but more than that, he played a true box-to-box role. His corners early weren't the best, but later in the match he pinged one off the cross bar (or post? Beers were flowing then), at some point after his goal, anyhow. Glad they gave him the goal instead of awarding it to Larin's back.

Friday-to-Tuesday, with a long travel day in between, is a tough turn-around. Can't see JDG playing again, just given his age and recovery needed.

With your "singing" and @TheRob standing up every five seconds, I had a tough time deciphering what was going on in the game. I am shocked you could up with your analysis as it is very accurate, especially regarding Larin. I recall us talking about it but was distracted when I saw a blob of mustard dripping from Reg's foot-long hot dog onto his lap. The only other tactical comments from you I remember were on how to get the attention of Gurp's wife.

Nice to see you all after such a long hiatus, on the field and off the field. Passionate soccer people who want to see our country succeed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That tactic will need to be enacted once Mexico comes to Vancouver. Gurps accepted my FB Friend request today, so it's only a matter of time...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard RT didn't make the trip to El Salvador as he is injured. When's the last time he's played?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude: you weren't listening again. It's "puto," not "punta." Don't worry, Mrs. Gurps will take care of you. Probably with the same cricket bat she uses on Gurps when he gets out of line...

:gurps::gurps:

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on, man?

Why would you want any hint of biased officiating?

Seriously, Man?
Musta missed that, givin I'm half cut and scrolling. My point still stands thought, are you telling me we can't find an unbiased official in the americas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0