Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada MNT: Road to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then the roster should be revealed soon hopefully.

As for the March Mexico game, play it in Toronto...should still be nice and cold then....give us a small advantage.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then the roster should be revealed soon hopefully.

As for the March Mexico game, play it in Toronto...should still be nice and cold then....give us a small advantage.

Forget Toronto, go more east, the yanks played and won in a blizzard just recently why couldn't we do that, I'm sure the csa hasn't played a game in Montreal for a while ? Maybe even further east?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forget Toronto, go more east, the yanks played and won in a blizzard just recently why couldn't we do that, I'm sure the csa hasn't played a game in Montreal for a while ? Maybe even further east?

I do believe the last time we qualified for a WC the game was played in St Johns. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Team announced today.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree.

For this match against Honduras, looking like 6-7 deg C, and rain is in the forecast. PERFECT! If they close the roof, then they have completely lost the plot! Turf is one home field advantage, wet, miserable, cold weather is another.

If they close the roof, it will be because they are more concerned about "Fan Experience", and if that is the case, they are failing to see the forest through the trees! The best fan experience will be 20,000 rowdy fans, all cursing the Hondurans, as they freeze in their under-armour and mittens, and get hung up on the turf. Make it as miserable for them here as they do for us going there.

That all said, I think the CSA will again fall into the trap of being more concerned about ticket sales than best strategic location. Yes, I think Montreal for the next match, even something like St. John's should be considered, if strategically it makes the most sense.

King George V Stadium has a capacity of 10,000...and they FILL that place. Why not? http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_america/countries/canada/newfoundland.shtml

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CTJd0ahWEAAehwO.png

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lineup looks good with some depth...

Simeone Jackson left out I have always felt he was never given a fair chance...no Bekker...Osorio....Haber...

Lots of good options in the midfield with Atiba H and Will Johnson back from injuries....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 2 strikers on the list :eek:

I have no issue with Bekker & Haber being left out but the whole Osorio situation I find perplexing :(

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sure Osorio is still being punished for his reaction after Floro sub'd him off in the Gold Cup match vs Jamaica. We were tied 0-0, needed a win, and he took out Osorio to bring on Hainault. I would probably have reacted the same way. In fact I think I did in my living room.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was by far one of the most exciting and best Canadian men's games I have ever seen. Wish I could have made it to the stadium for this one.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You missed a good one. First time I have watched our guys attacking like men. Solid game always brings results. Next one is going to tougher in Salvador. Heat and elevation is not an easy place to play in. Now if our country could learn from it an install a Canadian Pro League our kids would do way better.
To all those people in France that have lost their lives due to racist bandits,may god bring peace to each and every one. Sad day for France and rest of the World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0