Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada MNT: Road to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Henry was playing against Mexico and was coming off injury. Look at the level that two of them play at....Henry did have a bad game no doubt but Dixon...from Ottawa...who played with the Victoria Highlanders in 2011? A team that a Prime Regs could have started with? (Thats a compliment Regs)

Please....
I could've started for Real Madrid FFS, just ask my kids on Tuesday :)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will we be able to watch the game online tommorow?

I will PVR it but just seeing if anyone knows if TSN plays games online?

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@dezza I do agree he is much better CB...but Jamar Dixon...from the Pacific Coast Soccer League...I think Mr.Base coached against him with Khalsa!!!!! Bring on Fraser Aird if we are that hurting for a right back.

Obviously Floro saw something in Henry when he started him last time so it's not like the Henry name is being pulled out of a hat....but then again maybe Floro sees something in Dixon...or Mr.Base got a hold of Floro....

I hope things go well today in Honduras, but I think it will be tough to get something out of the game. It's a difficult place to play.
The player pool isn't big enough to field a strong team for Canada. The CSA have to address this problem, in order to give us a chance of qualifying for another World Cup.
Your thoughts?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally and going by what is on paper, I actually think Canada has a decent team. Player for Player they match up better I feel than both Honduras and El Salvador.

It is the team cohesion that seems to be the major issue...

This then trickles down to the age old argument of teaching tactics during youth.

When we were scrimmaging the other day one of my friends was watching his son's u-9 practice. I stopped and talked to him and watched a few minutes. They spent at least 20 minutes lining up and and shooting on goal....

One kid would shoot while 12 others stood and watched....

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope things go well today in Honduras, but I think it will be tough to get something out of the game. It's a difficult place to play.
The player pool isn't big enough to field a strong team for Canada. The CSA have to address this problem, in order to give us a chance of qualifying for another World Cup.
Your thoughts?

Always love your insight, need more of it here. Honestly.

Yes, absolutely. My other thought is that you need to use players that are getting good minutes at a reasonable level. Fraser Aired, though not the best RB, will go hard all day, won't be intimidated, and will not only get stuck in, but will play as a true wingback to push the pace up the right flank.

Dixon? I mean, if he was all that, wouldn't he have at least been signed by one of the three Canadian MLS squads? I hope I'm wrong.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs Looks like I need to set up Telus from home andI am already at work. No one around at home that can set it up and send me the password. I should have checked last night.

Any other options anyone know of? I did PVR it so I can watch it later may just have to do that....

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs Looks like I need to set up Telus from home andI am already at work. No one around at home that can set it up and send me the password. I should have checked last night.

Any other options anyone know of? I did PVR it so I can watch it later may just have to do that....

At kickoff go check www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams

Someone will have created a thread and people will post streams there

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[
Personally and going by what is on paper, I actually think Canada has a decent team. Player for Player they match up better I feel than both Honduras and El Salvador.

It is the team cohesion that seems to be the major issue...

This then trickles down to the age old argument of teaching tactics during youth.

When we were scrimmaging the other day one of my friends was watching his son's u-9 practice. I stopped and talked to him and watched a few minutes. They spent at least 20 minutes lining up and and shooting on goal....

One kid would shoot while 12 others stood and watched....

Yeah this is very common, I see it all the time. I coached across from a team the same age as my girls, and the coach would run a 45 minute session, at least half was exactly what you describe. One good coach here on TTP, when I first started coaching at U-6, impressed upon me the importance of ensuring all kids had a ball at all times, except in SSGs. And, fcuk me, if you have an hour, make sure you use EVERY MINUTE of it!

Mind boggling...

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always love your insight, need more of it here. Honestly.

Yes, absolutely. My other thought is that you need to use players that are getting good minutes at a reasonable level. Fraser Aired, though not the best RB, will go hard all day, won't be intimidated, and will not only get stuck in, but will play as a true wingback to push the pace up the right flank.

Dixon? I mean, if he was all that, wouldn't he have at least been signed by one of the three Canadian MLS squads? I hope I'm wrong.

If player's are going to be "intimidated" Honduras is the place it will happen.
Not only are the player's intimidated, the referee's are also under severe pressure.
I remember when we played there & tied 2-2.
Someone threw a bottle & hit the ref on the head with it, he was terrified.
The ref gave Honduras a penalty, which never was, but in hindsight, it probably saved our lives.
Not to mention the sound of gunfire in the stadium. "What goes up, must come down" was my thoughts.
If we'd won, I think the fans would have got to us.
As it was, they only threw beer bottles into our dressing room, from the street above, through the steel bars.
Then they hurled bricks at the team bus on the way out of the stadium, smashing all of the windows.
The "mind games" start as soon as you arrive.
Wanting the "FIFA match Commissioner's meeting" moved to another hotel, just to piss us off.
Elevator's are always out of service on day of game, when we are on the top floor.
Trucks outside of the Hotel from 10pm - 6am playing their National Anthem through the biggest speakers they can get their hands on at full blast.
It's really hard to sleep.
Not allowing you to train on the game field the day before the game, which is law from FIFA.
Cheerleaders behind our bench, that start screaming, every time you try to pass on any info, from the bench.
Ah, yes, they know all of the tricks & they don't have a bad team to boot.
If we can win there, the player's deserve a medal for that alone.
The only place harder to play is at Azteca v Mexico.
All of the same tricks, but with the advantage of playing at altitude. 7,000 feet above sea level makes it difficult to breathe, never mind the burning of the eyes through the pollution.
Yes, it's a glamorous game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're going to get something outta this match, I can sense it!

Go Canada Go!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else see problems with James at the back? Young kid in tough situation but at times he looks lost and slow to react

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot believe that was not called a PK (CONCACAF refs and all)... maybe the footy Gods are on our side for once?

Agreed @djones - I'm on pins and needles whenever we are defending in our final third - confidence is not high and there seems to be gaps all over the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0