Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bundesliga 07-08

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we lost the first one of the year! Dissapointing yes but not surprised as I said before. The schedule just didn't work well for us. I just can't believe the league wouldn't re-schedule this one for Sunday to give Bayern a fighting chance.

A disallowed goal that should have counted and a sending off for Lucio. Wouldn't have made the difference though! Congrats Stutty! You won a match based on circumstances!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two shocking decisions by match officials gifted this game to Stuttgart.
1. Kroos was never offside, and subsequently blasted the ball after the whitsle wide.
2. Luca Toni never fouled the center back and DID head the ball over the line.

That would have been 3-2 Stuttgart just before the half...
FC Bayern 1- VfB Referees 3 ;)

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the lighter side: Speak the bottom part out loud!

The European Commission has just announced that English will be the
official language of the European Union. German, which was the other
possibility, narrowly missed out.

During negotiations, the British Government conceded that English
spelling had some room for improvement and accepted a 5- year phase-in
plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly this will
make sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in
favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have
one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond
year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make
words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted
to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have
always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag
is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer pepl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with
"z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining
"ou" and after zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und after zis fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German; lik zey vunted in
ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.

Hav a nis da

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, This is the guy we've been looking for.

Pirlo Linked With Juve And Bayern - Report

AC Milan may face a struggle to hold on to their midfield maestro next summer, as both Juventus and Bayern Munich are reportedly preparing to launch an Andrea Pirlo offensive.

zoom - galleria The European champions have been increasingly linked with Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago, which has prompted many to speculate that they are already thinking of successors for Pirlo, even though the 28-year-old Italian international has been oft declared as ‘untouchable’ by the Milan brass.

Juventus have never been shy to admit their admiration in Pirlo and are thought to be readying a concrete offer, to be submitted as soon as the final ball is kicked this season.

There are also rumours emanating from Turin, that Bayern Munich are planning to budge in line, however, should a window of opportunity creak open even just a sliver.

Pirlo is a close personal friend of Bayern goal-machine Luca Toni and the powers that be at the Allianz Arena will be hoping that this factor, plus the growing discontent amongst Serie A players as a result of the violence epidemic in Calcio will convince another Azzurri gem to opt for a German adventure.

Should any team be successful in prising Pirlo away from Milan, it will almost certainly take an amount in excess of 25m Euro as the former Brescia man counts as one of the best midfielders on the planet.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough... He is a wizard with the ball, but this is a touch anti-climactic.
When Hoeness came out with his Quality not quantity note I was thnking differently, and had zero idea that Pirlo would even be mentioned as leaving Milano...

I think Bayenr are only a central midfielder or two away from being a true super power in europe (for next year :p) because Van Bommel and ze Roberto just won't cut it...If Mourinho manages to steer clear of the England job he could be thee in Bavaria next season with a few old Chelsea faces?

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
who are you thinking from Chelsea if that scenario happens? It won't be Drogba! We don't need strikers! We have one of the best striking force in the world!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballack, health as an issue, has yet to get any sort of run for the Blues, Lampard is probably on the way out of the Bridge, Carvalho is a Mourinho pet, as is Essien.

I'm not saying that Grant will be allowing any of them to go on the cheap, but that the guys I mentioned above could be potential targets for the 'Special One' if he takes the seat at the Allianz.

Keep in mind Bayern will have some defenders that will need to be replaced if the reports on Lahm & Sagnol are true. if that is the case then Caravlho is a dead cert to sign at Bayern if Mourinho signs there.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sagnol is gone. He's pissed that he can't get a spot now that he's healthy. same goes for Ismael. Crying frenchmen :) Both of these boys in their 30's now so no big losses there.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sagnol linked to Man U this morning! Pirlo stating that he will stay with Milano but I'm not so sure. I think he's just being politically correct. Last week you have Kaka encouraging Ronaldohino to come to Milan. Interesting!

Great win in sloppy conditions yesterday. Bayern on their back heels for the first 20 minutes and then got the early strike that put the sword into their heart!

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This furthers my point as to why I think Pirlo is saying all the right things. He's under contract until 2011 so he has to say that. Why would Milan be searching for a replacement if he was staying to play with Kaka. They way I see it. Pirlo will be in Munich next summer.

I was watching the Bremen/Hamburg game saturday. What a wonderful player Vander Vaart is. He is truly a great talent.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Season

German magazine Bild reports that Bayern Munich are mulling over the prospect of moving for Frank Rijkaard for the position of first team coach next season...

zoom - galleria According to German daily Bild this Friday, Frank Rijkaard is being targeted by Bayern Munich as a possible replacement for Ottmar Hitzfeld.

Hitzfeld's contract at the Allianz-Arena ends in June 2008, and with his relationship with the club directorship, not least Karlheinz Rummenigge, said to be at all all-time low, there's little chance of his renewing.

And with Rijkaard's position at Barcelona not quite 100% secure, a move to the Bundesliga could potentially be on the cards, although Marco Van Basten has been named as a possible alternative.

Dutchman Rijkaard already speaks German, which is a major plus, and has let the blaugrana to European titles before, which is also something of a prerequisite for Bayern.

However, this is all mere speculation at this point.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liking the result today! 6 Nil in the 87th. Yes against a minnow! After the nice 6 week break here you will see the Bayern of the beginning of the year. We are Bayern FC!

Well done Luca. 4 goals

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's actually FC Bayern, but who's scoring at home ;)
You need to seperate the Bundesliga from the UEFA Cup, maybe a thread for that needs starting?

Toni raced right into the lead of scoring with that rat Henrik Larsson tied for tops with 6 a piece.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
dah....can i hit edit JBN? :D You think I would just look at my jacket and realize that. Or my desktop or my kits!

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know. I was looking where to place it but I thought this was the best place for now. Considering a German squad will win the Uefa Cup it fits right here anyways. Considering Bayern, Hamburg, Werder and Leverkusen are all there and on form one of them will win it.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm reading everywhere this morning that Bayern wants "the Special One" as their new manager. I do remember Jose saying a year and a half ago that he would like to manager Bayern one day! Here's to hoping!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0